1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Tribute to Sal

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Yoozy found this on youtube and posted it on the rivals board. I don't think he'll mind if I post it here.

I remember when Sal passed on. I was 8 years old but i still remember crying. I still get a little messed up watching this even today. We will never forget you Sal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKg7E0tLFU0"]YouTube - C.U.'s first Samoan quarterback Sal Aunese died at age 21[/ame]

ladyblaise likes this.
  2. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

Excellent video and tribute. Sal was one of the reasons I am a Buff fan today.

3. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

It was both a sad and inspirational time to be on campus. The picture of the Buffs kneeling on the field in Washington pointing to the sky is permanently in my memory from that season.

4. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

i really think this one should be in the video footage thread. here is the video, imbeded...

[youtube]MKg7E0tLFU0[/youtube]

5. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting it.

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I remember it well. How the team came around Sal was amazing and put together one of the best teams ever in college football history as far as teamwork.

7. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Very sad video Buffs...............it so sad to see someone like that go way before their time. :sad1:

8. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

That video I think was from our team banquet in 1989 before the Orange Bowl. The highlight video from 89 had the "Athlete Dying young" poem but not the part before that from the sportscasters, they sold the video at college corner. E.B., JJ and some of the other guys got together with our video guy and put one together to a Whitney Houston song that didn't leave a dry eye either.

9. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

That was heart jerking for a fan, I can't imagine what you and the other team mates went through.