What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A Tribute to Sal

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Yoozy found this on youtube and posted it on the rivals board. I don't think he'll mind if I post it here.

I remember when Sal passed on. I was 8 years old but i still remember crying. I still get a little messed up watching this even today. We will never forget you Sal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKg7E0tLFU0"]YouTube - C.U.'s first Samoan quarterback Sal Aunese died at age 21[/ame]

It was both a sad and inspirational time to be on campus. The picture of the Buffs kneeling on the field in Washington pointing to the sky is permanently in my memory from that season.

i really think this one should be in the video footage thread. here is the video, imbeded...

[youtube]MKg7E0tLFU0[/youtube]

I remember it well. How the team came around Sal was amazing and put together one of the best teams ever in college football history as far as teamwork.

Very sad video Buffs...............it so sad to see someone like that go way before their time. :sad1:

That video I think was from our team banquet in 1989 before the Orange Bowl. The highlight video from 89 had the "Athlete Dying young" poem but not the part before that from the sportscasters, they sold the video at college corner. E.B., JJ and some of the other guys got together with our video guy and put one together to a Whitney Houston song that didn't leave a dry eye either.

That video I think was from our team banquet in 1989 before the Orange Bowl. The highlight video from 89 had the "Athlete Dying young" poem but not the part before that from the sportscasters, they sold the video at college corner. E.B., JJ and some of the other guys got together with our video guy and put one together to a Whitney Houston song that didn't leave a dry eye either.

That was heart jerking for a fan, I can't imagine what you and the other team mates went through.

Back