1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Video of the CU Marching Band....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 4DemBuffs, Sep 12, 2011.

1. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

back when.

i remember seeing folsom field in this state. first hand. as bad as things are now, its not near as bad as after CF.

[video=youtube;X0exJLR-njs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0exJLR-njs[/video]

Jens1893 likes this.
  2. nepbug

nepbug Active Member

Man I love pre-game!

That Ralphie they made was pretty ghetto back then, it's much better now.

3. TallBuff

TallBuff Member

I was in that band in '88. We had to play in those crappy blue uniforms, even though the football team ditched the powder blue back in '85. Wow I got tired of people asking "why don't you wear the same color as the football team?" My response was always the same--"Because that mo****fu**** Fairbanks bankrupted the athletic department, and we can't afford to buy new god**** band uniforms!"

Thanks for the trip down memory lane 4Dem.

4. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Any idea which game that was for in 1988? (I would like to put the video in the CU at the Game Archives)
    It looks like it was early in the year - the home games were: Fresno State; Oregon State; Oklahoma State; Oklahoma; Iowa State; and Kansas State.

Thanks!

5. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

in the video at about the 1 minute mark, you can see a mascot along the western side line. whatever the hell it is has a giant tail. looking at the teams on that list i would say that the beavers are a logical assumption.

6. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Beavers always have nice tails.

7. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Pregame has changed a lot since then. I have a ton of marching band video from the past few years I should get up on to youtube. There's a profound lack of GBMB video to be had on the intertubes.