What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A (way-too) early look at 2016....

You m
And so true! Heck, even Water Bottle beat the Utes and had his second yr. team tie UU late, only to exercise another brilliant HC decision, kicking off to the #2 KR in the nation that year, who promptly returned it for a Ute TD.
you mean the only time you've beaten the UTES.

Here's something I worry about. We are putting a lot of stock on Winfree being really good. But at Coffeyville, he was their #3 WR.

Their #1 signed with Idaho.
Their #2 signed with Boise State over VA Tech.
Then Winfree. Did he really pick CU over just Memphis and Pitt and some no name directionals?

Last edited:
31-28-3, but who's counting?
1-4 since the 50 year break in the series, and according to you, just a rabbits foot away from 5-0?
M-kay.
So apparently you actually knew that CU has beaten UU 31 times, not once, like you originally wrote. I assumed you didn't know better, but apparently you're not ignorant, just a lying asshole.

So apparently you actually knew that CU has beaten UU 31 times, not once, like you originally wrote. I assumed you didn't know better, but apparently you're not ignorant, just a typical envious ute fan trying to pretend like his team is a big boy lying asshole.

fify

Ute fans were accepted into the PAC mainly because the league needed a partner to go with CU who they had wanted for decades. The Utes have upgraded their football and basketball programs to be competitive in the league but unfortunately their fans still have their old WAC based sense of inadequacy.

So apparently you actually knew that CU has beaten UU 31 times, not once, like you originally wrote. I assumed you didn't know better, but apparently you're not ignorant, just a lying asshole.
Sorry Big Man. This is what happens when you don't read the post that initiated the response. We were just talking about your current coach and his incredible string of bad luck against UTAH. But thanks for showing us your 2-second attention span and your hugely impressive Internet big guns, Big Man.

If you Buffs didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. Man, 5th Down was soooo long ago.

fify

Ute fans were accepted into the PAC mainly because the league needed a partner to go with CU who they had wanted for decades. The Utes have upgraded their football and basketball programs to be competitive in the league but unfortunately their fans still have their old WAC based sense of inadequacy.
Whatever, which program is carrying water and which program is eating mud?

Sorry Big Man. This is what happens when you don't read the post that initiated the response. We were just talking about your current coach and his incredible string of bad luck against UTAH. But thanks for showing us your 2-second attention span and your hugely impressive Internet big guns, Big Man.

If you Buffs didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. Man, 5th Down was soooo long ago.
BYU fans are so weird when they try and troll other fan bases.

No, I just find humor in your, what do you call them, denials, explanations(?), and how you'd just totally own UTAH if you just had a little luck. This is the year that your teams will sweep UTAH in every sport! Normally, I just keep my mouth shut and chuckle. This time that whole 'Whittingham is lucky to be undefeated against this coaching staff since he should be winless' diatribe was just too funny to pass up.

No, I just find humor in your, what do you call them, denials, explanations(?), and how you'd just totally own UTAH if you just had a little luck. This is the year that your teams will sweep UTAH in every sport! Normally, I just keep my mouth shut and chuckle. This time that whole 'Whittingham is lucky to be undefeated against this coaching staff since he should be winless' diatribe was just too funny to pass up.

I think that CU has played Utah closer than would be expected every year. Do you think that KW's style of play might have the Utes worn down by the last week of the season? It just seems like you guys are always peaking in October for some reason.

Do me a favor and show me exactly where I said any of that. Find the quote where I said we "should" have beaten UU more times than we lost.

All I did was help educate you on the actual win/loss record between CU and UU. That's it.

Then you admitted that you actually had that knowledge, and that you had chosen to lie about the actual record in order make you feel like you belong in a real conference.

Typical nouveau riche behavior, but not unexpected when the second best football program in a state wins the P5 expansion lottery.

Vegas released their win totals and we are at 4.5- that is 10th in the Pac 12- ahead of CAL and Oregon State
at 4.5, we would likely be favored against CSU, ISU, OSU and WSU

Have to find two more wins, likely at home against UCLA, ASU, and UU

Road games at Michigan, Oregon, USC and Stanford don't inspire any confidence. The game at UofA is a toss up.

at 4.5, we would likely be favored against CSU, ISU, OSU and WSU

Have to find two more wins, likely at home against UCLA, ASU, and UU

Road games at Michigan, Oregon, USC and Stanford don't inspire any confidence. The game at UofA is a toss up.

Looking at it in early June, I think this is fair. However, I also would point out that our boys had both Oregon and USC beat last year and those games can't simply be written off as no hopers despite being on the road. Hard to have any confidence at Stanford, though. And Michigan appears to be super talented and coming together, but I think they've also got some significant QB questions.

Looking at it in early June, I think this is fair. However, I also would point out that our boys had both Oregon and USC beat last year and those games can't simply be written off as no hopers despite being on the road. Hard to have any confidence at Stanford, though. And Michigan appears to be super talented and coming together, but I think they've also got some significant QB questions.

I think we can fight USC and Oregon, I just don't think we win.

Michigan is going to be interesting. I understand that Harbaugh is putting together a huge stock pile of talent. I know that they won a ton of games last year. They also graduated a huge senior class (44 to be exact). Replacing that many players with freshman will almost certainly result in inconsistent play, especially early in the year. They play Hawaii and UCF before they play us, and I expect that UCF game will tell us a lot about our chances at the big house.

I agree. Michigan may have questions at QB, but they could have the best defense in the country this year. That game has shutout potential on the road, IMO, unless Sefo just comes out of the gates on fire.

We had Oregon Beat? You have to play 4 quarters...we got outscored 24-7 in the second half and Oregon had their 2nd and 3rd string QBs playing. We have not matched up well with the Oregon offense over the past few years.

Unfortunately any chance at a bowl game likely hinges on CSU, which also happens to be the first game of the year. Since the Hawaii fiasco last year I don't have much confidence in season openers. Lose to CSU and probably head into Pac play at 1-2 and thus need 5 conference wins to hit bowl eligibility. Starting 2-0 also sets the tone and gives some confidence to the team. The first game will dictate the course of the season.

I like the idea of a tougher game in week 1 as opposed to a weaker one. It forces CU to come out strong and not have a let down week. Hate to say it, but CSU is a tough game for CU for the past 10 years or so.

I like the idea of a tougher game in week 1 as opposed to a weaker one. It forces CU to come out strong and not have a let down week. Hate to say it, but CSU is a tough game for CU for the past 10 years or so.
A lot of ground to cover by the start of the season. Who is our QB? What offense are we running? If Sefo cannot go at the start of the season that could be a problem. CSU lost a lot on defense but we still should beat them.

A lot of ground to cover by the start of the season. Who is our QB? What offense are we running? If Sefo cannot go at the start of the season that could be a problem. CSU lost a lot on defense but we still should beat them.

I'd think if your putting in a completely new offense or a highly tweaked offense you'd like play a really easy game for that opener.

If its true that CSU lost 16 to graduation from the two deep on offense we probably have no relevant film for the defense to watch.

Good thing we adjust well at the half...

Michigan just doesn't seem like a good matchup because they play so physical. Those are usually the teams we struggle with.

Michigan just doesn't seem like a good matchup because they play so physical. Those are usually the teams we struggle with.
That's just sad. We've really only been good in our history when we were physical. I hope we can get back there some day.

I'd think if your putting in a completely new offense or a highly tweaked offense you'd like play a really easy game for that opener.

If its true that CSU lost 16 to graduation from the two deep on offense we probably have no relevant film for the defense to watch.

Good thing we adjust well at the half...
Maybe not as it relates to specific players, but their schemes should essentially be the same, and that's really where most of the film prep comes from. Matching up athlete for athlete isn't an issue for CU this year; it's understanding what they want to do, schematically, and having the game plan and play calling in place to stop it.

Maybe not as it relates to specific players, but their schemes should essentially be the same, and that's really where most of the film prep comes from. Matching up athlete for athlete isn't an issue for CU this year; it's understanding what they want to do, schematically, and having the game plan and play calling in place to stop it.
They lost their D coordinator as well so who knows about the scheme.

They lost their D coordinator as well so who knows about the scheme.
Fair enough. Given the player departures, which were mostly on defense iirc, and a new coordinator, I would say their defense will be going through some growing pains in the early parts of the season. At the risk of sounding tini-esque, I honestly don't believe CU will struggle all that much with them this year.

Yeah. New coach playing with the last guys players. Maybe more options now playing with a new crop? Maybe less because they are green and prone to mistakes. The best teams dont really care who they play because they have so many difference makers on the field. D is the stronger half of our football team but it still has a ways to go so we could get beat a few times by surprises that we didnt prep for.

Back