What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

About Bob Stoops

I posted it a while back. My 17 year old plays in a Y league. They are required to have a "coach." My 23 year old usually does it, but he couldn't make a game. So I sat on the bench and "coached." My kid told me to just keep my mouth shut. :lol: Of course, they won the game, thus I am 1-0. I'm leaving out my soccer coaching career stats! I coached my daughters
4v4 league when she was 6. It wasn't pretty.

Yeah, I remember the first part of the story, I just didn't know that you were only coaching on an interim basis. I mean, getting fired by your son's rec league team... that'd be pretty, um... :lol:

I posted it a while back. My 17 year old plays in a Y league. They are required to have a "coach." My 23 year old usually does it, but he couldn't make a game. So I sat on the bench and "coached." My kid told me to just keep my mouth shut. :lol: Of course, they won the game, thus I am 1-0. I'm leaving out my soccer coaching career stats! I coached my daughters
4v4 league when she was 6. It wasn't pretty.

I was at one of my son's soccer games and the coach was not there at game time. The ref came over to me, he was a good friend, and told me he could not start the game without a coach for both teams and to just stand there and look like a coach.

We were up three goals in a very short time, so I substituted for our two top players, twin bothers and good friends of my son, and they exploded. Fortunately, there mother was close by and she stompt on them. Like aways with them, she shut them down quick. My sole coaching experience.

I tried to corect myself in the origional thread, but it seems like everybody is getting the wrong message.

I was wrong to say he was a fricken joke, I don't think he is a joke of a coach (but, he is a little overatted, but still a damn good coach and recruiter), I just think he is a joke of a person. I was just happy to see him get his teeth knocked in again, and maybe went overboard by making it sound like I think he is a bad coach. I just hate his arrogance and how he treats people. Hell even to Katoa it doesn't appear Stoops cares if his kids get degrees, he just wants to win.

my questions to you leash are these. Have you ever met him? Had a lenghty conversation(s) with him? Do you know him on a personal level? Have you ever listened to or attended one of his press conferences after a loss, after a victory?

Or are you basing you opinion on 2nd hand information that you read or heard some place else?

Back