What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

According to AZ: Jon Embree is the new CUHC

If true, and I'll be surprised if it isn't at this point, it's a frustrating and underwhelming hire. The rumored staff sounds good, but I wanted someone different at the top. It is better than hiring Mac though, I think. I know a lot of people love him for what he did, but he's divisive politically, hasn't coached in 16 years and is getting up there. I'm older than all the players and I barely remember him as coach, his name just wasn't going to get it done with today's recruits.

Not a weak ass hire at all. Yes he can get the donors and alums behind the program. With him and this staff we will return to the top sooner rather then later.

Right, I bet the donors and recruits will line up in droves with him as hc...please.

I don't want to go crazy to soon but man, this would kill any hope I had of CU getting it right for once or turning things around. We need PLAYERS. No way EB takes the oc position if he's not head coach. Bohn's a wimp.

why would EB take it anyway. He has a better job in the NFL than Embree does. And now he's going to work under him in college? I mean please. This is a joke.

Totally weak ass hire. Remember Embree was Bohn's 2nd choice in 2006? I like to know of another school where that has happened.
Yes number 2, 5 years makes a difference. Plus looking back maybe he should have been the number one in 2006.

So you know Embree? You know his personality? Recruit and win and everyone lines up!

Look, eb isn't coming if embree is head coach, you lose a damn good recruiter and coach right there. Do you know embree? Does anyone know him? Recruits?

I'm thinking like THE WHO..."We won't get fooled again"

What if EB doesnt come and his staff doesnt come together then what?
I believe thats why Bohn wanted to see the staff list and I am sure they are researching that as well. I believe the staff is more crucial then the HC. You could make your comment with any HC hire.

Look, eb isn't coming if embree is head coach, you lose a damn good recruiter and coach right there. Do you know embree? Does anyone know him? Recruits?

I'm thinking like THE WHO..."We won't get fooled again"

Why would an OC job keep EB away. Its a logical step if he wants a HC job some day.

wm-Heavy+Smokers.jpg
No that would be if he said it like this:

dooooo oo *cough cough* ooooo *stops to lean on wall* oooo *cough* oo *cough* oooo *weez* oom

This might be a stupid question, but what is the source of this info? Is AZ correct 100% of the time?

This might be a stupid question, but what is the source of this info? Is AZ correct 100% of the time?

Absolutely not.

But if there is 1 person who has ever coached at CU who AZ would get the inside info on and be among the first to know, it's Embree.

Absolutely not.

But if there is 1 person who has ever coached at CU who AZ would get the inside info on and be among the first to know, it's Embree.

Well that sucks. I could make a case for just about every name thrown out there. The only case I can make for Embree is that he hasn't offended anyone, is African American, a decent recruiter...

But never really had much responsibility (similiar to EB).
Never been a HC.
Wasn't even employed last year.

Let me guess, Mac and EB were voted down.

Well that sucks. I could make a case for just about every name thrown out there. The only case I can make for Embree is that he hasn't offended anyone, is African American, a decent recruiter...

But never really had much responsibility (similiar to EB).
Never been a HC.
Wasn't even employed last year.

Let me guess, Mac and EB were voted down.

Mike bohn is at the podium now...
windowslivewriterjellyfishcuriouscreatures-ff89jellyfish1112.jpg

If he brings the rumored staff I am for it. Embo is a good coach and recruiter. People need to calm the **** down and give him a chance if true. And for those that say Bieniemy wouldn't come here as OC, you DON'T know that! EB's time with the Vikings is in question. There might not be a NFL season next year, EB would probably take the chance to get that coordinator experience with his buddy Embo. Now how long EB would stay is a good question. He would use the OC as a stepping stone, he wouldn't use the HC as a stepping stone.

If the rumored staff is true, that is a helluva staff for recruiting.

Back