What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Action/reaction: Big East TV deal, my AP ballot, Stanford’s QB situation … gotta love

RSSBot

News Junkie
Jon Wilner

Let’s start with the money and end with the money quote … Action: Big East names CBS executive Mike Aresco its new commissioner while preparing to negotiate a television rights deal that will determine the future of the conference. Reaction I: Of equal or greater significance was the league’s decision to retain Chris Bevilacqua as [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
Click here to view the article.

Interesting tidbit. I will be curious as to how stanford does this year without Andrew Luck and two years removed from Harbaugh.

Action: Stanford coach David Shaw indicates he’ll name a starting quarterback this week .
Reaction I: My read on the situation: The coaching staff has wanted Brett Nottingham to win the job all along — and was willing to give him every chance to do so. Why? Because Nottingham is younger and more physically talented than Josh Nunes and, if given the choice, coaches always prefer the player with more eligibility and a bigger arm. But it’s close: Nottingham hasn’t separated from Nunes. If anything, Nunes had the edge in the first half of training camp.
Reaction II: Shaw has also said redshirt freshman Kevin Hogan is closing the gap with Nunes, a redshirt junior, and Nottingham, a redshirt sophomore. To my way of thinking, that could be a troublesome sign for Stanford — an indication that Nunes and Nottingham haven’t progressed as they should have. What you want … what any team wants … is one QB to grab hold of the job and leave all competitors in the dust.

Back