What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AD Appreciation Thread

I'm beginning to wonder if Bohn, Dr. Phil, & Benson aren't spending the $$$ for a facilities upgrade on their crack/meth habits?

Dude...have you seen your avatar? I didn't even go to CU and I mostly hate them but they F*cked you up pretty badly...

You are very wise.

I liked the pre-edited version better but I got no quarrel with you bra. So how about you post the top five (5) hottest CSU chick pictures and we end all this non-sense and get you back in the green rep?

I liked the pre-edited version better but I got no quarrel with you bra. So how about you post the top five (5) hottest CSU chick pictures and we end all this non-sense and get you back in the green rep?
I'm pretty sure I'm at like -60000 rep so I won't be green for a looong time

I'm pretty sure I'm at like -60000 rep so I won't be green for a looong time

I'll pos rep you and some of these degenerates would pos rep you too if you turned a new leaf and posted hotties from CSU and/or your conference...

Maybe you guys should hire CSU president Tony Franks

Genius. Dr Franks does run a clean business...oxyclean.
0c34cf1f-9ca7-643b.jpg

Nah, Fluff fans don't work that way

C'mon bra...give it a chance. Have you tried? I insist you post hotties from another conference and I'll bet rep will flow like wine for your efforts. These dudes are only a city or two away...I am 2,500 miles away and I can still call that bullsh*t!

In response, I'll re-post something I just wrote on the Rivals board:

CU did it because we're bush league on these issues. There was a lot of money to be made by playing a road game in Michigan. Having them play at CU in return wouldn't have been as profitable as bringing someone else in because of the revenue split that Michigan commands to go on the road. This is nothing more than CU whoring out the program in hopes that all the fans will see is, "Cool!!! We get a road trip and national game at the Big House!!! Woot!!!".

Utah understands that if you want to be a top program you have to act like a top program -- even if the short-term payday may be lower. CU does not get it.

Nah. I don't buy this. There must be more to the story. You don't whore out like this unless you have to. The finances must be more ****ed than they are telling us.

Nah. I don't buy this. There must be more to the story. You don't whore out like this unless you have to. The finances must be more ****ed than they are telling us.

Is it that inconceivable that thy just really sucked at their job?

I'll pos rep you and some of these degenerates would pos rep you too if you turned a new leaf and posted hotties from CSU and/or your conference...

Amazing that we have Cal, Washington, Oregon, Nebraska and CSU fans on here with whom we get along well. Do you think that maybe the problem is less about you being a CSU supporter and more about you acting like a douche so people here don't like you personally?

Amazing that we have Cal, Washington, Oregon, Nebraska and CSU fans on here with whom we get along well. Do you think that maybe the problem is less about you being a CSU supporter and more about you acting like a douche so people here don't like you personally?

None of those schools are sleeping giants

I'm still hoping CSU gets that stadium built so the RMS can go back to campus and I'm sure that for every game in Ft. Collins, there will be two games in Boulder. Why would that be? $ in the eyes of the Rams AD.

And I think the CU A-Department is stupid if they are saying we can only have six games. Let me remind everyone that the largest crowd ever at Folsom Field was a RMS game. Why don't we try to get BYU on the schedule as well since BYU supporters will show up. That is why Boise State signed a 12 game contract with BYU. Maybe we can get KU fans to travel to Boulder not just for basketball but football. We should do all Big 8 schools plus Texas Tech.

And let's not forget Air Force.

Has Bohn and the AD lost their minds? I'd say yes because Boulder really does sell itself as a wonderful place to travel to and watch a football game.

I'm still hoping CSU gets that stadium built so the RMS can go back to campus and I'm sure that for every game in Ft. Collins, there will be two games in Boulder. Why would that be? $ in the eyes of the Rams AD.

And I think the CU A-Department is stupid if they are saying we can only have six games. Let me remind everyone that the largest crowd ever at Folsom Field was a RMS game. Why don't we try to get BYU on the schedule as well since BYU supporters will show up. That is why Boise State signed a 12 game contract with BYU. Maybe we can get KU fans to travel to Boulder not just for basketball but football. We should do all Big 8 schools plus Texas Tech.

And let's not forget Air Force.

Has Bohn and the AD lost their minds? I'd say yes because Boulder really does sell itself as a wonderful place to travel to and watch a football game.

Nash, my friend. The goal here is to sell out Folsum with Buffs fans. We should never book an opponent for a home game based on how well the opponent travels.

Did all those Nebraska games in the past teach you nothing? Get the red out!

Is it that inconceivable that thy just really sucked at their job?

yes, i guess to me, it is a little bit inconceivable that the entire collective brain trust that runs the CUAD, which altogether has many, many years of experience doing this, all really just suck at their jobs. they have clearly made a bunch of errors over the years. but, scheduling is like sports management 101. if they ****ed this up because of incompetence, then they should all be looking for other things to do with their lives. i think this has to be a case where there is more financial pressure being applied on the department than we are being told.

and, in keeping with their history of non-transparency, the way they have handled the messaging on this doesn't do anything to help us to understand why they would treat our football program like ball state.

i'm pissed, but i don't jump straight to the "they are all i-dots and must be fired" camp without understanding the facts.

yes, i guess to me, it is a little bit inconceivable that the entire collective brain trust that runs the CUAD, which altogether has many, many years of experience doing this, all really just suck at their jobs. they have clearly made a bunch of errors over the years. but, scheduling is like sports management 101. if they ****ed this up because of incompetence, then they should all be looking for other things to do with their lives. i think this has to be a case where there is more financial pressure being applied on the department than we are being told.

and, in keeping with their history of non-transparency, the way they have handled the messaging on this doesn't do anything to help us to understand why they would treat our football program like ball state.

i'm pissed, but i don't jump straight to the "they are all i-dots and must be fired" camp without understanding the facts.

I'm leaning towards you school of thought. Something smells diStef-fishy.

$1.4M just for showing up in some one and done OOC game is easy money.
It comes in advance of the slow-roll "transformational" announcement that may or may not come in September.

Maybe it's easier to show up for a paycheck in Ann Arbor than to BOTH sell a facilities project AND convence the haters in Boulder that football crowds will be invading the People's Republic of Boulder for a seventh time.

Maybe this is some kind of chip that needed to be cashed in for HaLk's severance and/or the loss of revenue due to the conference change. Or maybe this is some back room deal involving Larry Scott, James Delany and a quid pro quo that keeps CU playing on Saturday time slots.

Whatever went down, the CUAD may want to keep us in the dark because we CU fans can't handle the truth.

Nash, my friend. The goal here is to sell out Folsum with Buffs fans. We should never book an opponent for a home game based on how well the opponent travels.

Did all those Nebraska games in the past teach you nothing? Get the red out!

Thank you.

One of the biggest problems CU has had and continues to have is that the opponent is too often used as the primary marketing message to sell tickets. This is getting better, but it's still a problem.

You come to see the Buffs and to enjoy seeing friends at the tailgates/gameday experience. The opponent is never any higher than the #3 reason to go to the game.

Vote in Regents who are pro-athletics. They will hopefully get a Prez who is pro-athletics..... so on and so forth

Vote in Regents who are pro-athletics. They will hopefully get a Prez who is pro-athletics..... so on and so forth

I know this is a CU buffs athletics site and all, but i just want to point out that anywhere else this would sound ridiculous. voting regents in based on whether the are "pro-athletics" is pretty simplified if you ask me. But i do understand this is AB, so i probably shouldn't even have posted this...

I know this is a CU buffs athletics site and all, but i just want to point out that anywhere else this would sound ridiculous. voting regents in based on whether the are "pro-athletics" is pretty simplified if you ask me. But i do understand this is AB, so i probably shouldn't even have posted this...

Move along, sir!

I think the point is we need people in leadership who understand the value of good athletics to the university. I doubt Dio is saying we need to sacrifice academic prestige. What we have right now is leadership afraid to step on any toes and both the academic and athletic side of the university are suffering. That affects a LOT of people.

Back