What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AD introductory presser about to start

Will his first order of business be to get rid of the italics in the logo?

Says he left Rangers because CU was one of his dream jobs (not exact quote).

So what's everyone's thoughts? He seemed pretty humble and happy to be here. Not necessarily the greatest speaker, but who cares

So what's everyone's thoughts? He seemed pretty humble and happy to be here. Not necessarily the greatest speaker, but who cares

I thought he sounded a lot better once he got off trying to stick to the canned script and was responding extemporaneously to the press questions.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Folsom get a "_____ at Folsom Field" soon

take the sponsorship money. we need it. for the right price, i'd sell the full naming rights and drop the "folsom." i know that sounds like blasphemy but we need to turbo charge this rebuild. someone comes in with the right $$ then give it up for them and make it just the way they like it.

Frontier Stadium at Folsom Field would not be too bad. Then again it doesn't sound super corporate and that is probably why

Frontier just dropped free DirecTV for their premium customers due to cost concerns. Highly doubt they are going to drop any coin on a sponsorship like that.

Was just reassured by someone in the room that the AD specifically mentioned facilities during the presser. YOu all lied to me.

Any of the other Pac 12 schools sold out?

[h=2]Facilities[/h]
SchoolFootball stadiumCapacityBasketball arenaCapacityBaseball stadiumCapacity
ArizonaArizona Stadium51,811[SUP][22][/SUP]McKale Center14,545[SUP][23][/SUP]Hi Corbett Field9,500[SUP][24][/SUP]
Arizona StateFrank Kush Field at Sun Devil Stadium71,706[SUP][25][/SUP]Wells Fargo Arena14,198[SUP][26][/SUP]Packard Stadium7,875 [SUP][27][/SUP]
CaliforniaCalifornia Memorial Stadium63,186[SUP][28][/SUP]Haas Pavilion11,877[SUP][29][/SUP]Evans Diamond2,500[SUP][30][/SUP]
ColoradoFolsom Field53,613[SUP][31][/SUP]Coors Events Center11,064[SUP][32][/SUP]Non-baseball school
OregonRich Brooks Field at Autzen Stadium54,000[SUP][33][/SUP]Matthew Knight Arena12,541[SUP][34][/SUP]PK Park3,600[SUP][35][/SUP]
Oregon StateReser Stadium45,674[SUP][36][/SUP]Gill Coliseum9,604[SUP][37][/SUP]Goss Stadium at Coleman Field3,248[SUP][38][/SUP]
StanfordStanford Stadium50,000[SUP][39][/SUP]Maples Pavilion7,233[SUP][40][/SUP]Klein Field at Sunken Diamond4,000[SUP][41][/SUP]
UCLARose Bowl91,936[SUP][42][/SUP]Pauley Pavilion13,800[SUP][43][/SUP][SUP][44][/SUP]Jackie Robinson Stadium1,820[SUP][45][/SUP]
USCLos Angeles Memorial Coliseum93,607[SUP][46][/SUP]Galen Center10,258[SUP][47][/SUP]Dedeaux Field2,500[SUP][48][/SUP]
UtahRice–Eccles Stadium45,017[SUP][49][/SUP]Jon M. Huntsman Center15,000[SUP][50][/SUP]Spring Mobile Ballpark15,500[SUP][51][/SUP]
WashingtonHusky Stadium70,000 (est.)[SUP][52][/SUP]Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion10,000[SUP][53][/SUP]Husky Ballpark2,212[SUP][54][/SUP]
Washington StateMartin Stadium33,522[SUP][55][/SUP]Beasley Coliseum11,671[SUP][56][/SUP]Bailey-Brayton Field3,500[SUP][57][/SUP]

we'd be leaders in football selling out. lots of selling out in the other sports. perhaps if we sell out enough, both literally and figuratively, we could even remove that ugly "non-baseball school" distinction off the grid.

we'd be leaders in football selling out. lots of selling out in the other sports. perhaps if we sell out enough, both literally and figuratively, we could even remove that ugly "non-baseball school" distinction off the grid.

Perhaps, but to me, it's not worth the money. We can win without doing that.

I'm with Liver. Go ahead and get the sponsor money(as long as it's substantial) for stadium naming rights. I'll still call it Folsom anyway.

When you meet him in person he is very charismatic. He is engaging and very personable. He does very well with people. I thought getting Rick George was a long shot but I think Benson had this lined up from the get go. To me this is the first step in a game changer for CU - first positive thing for awhile in regards to the AD.

Back