What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Adam just released the offseason injury repot

Bonsu just can't catch a break. We have 4 guys coming in, but for spring it is paper thin.

Ohh. Not sure that necessarily makes a big difference. But, I guess this gives Richter and Poston valuable reps they're gonna need.

The Hirschman news is disappointing. We need him getting at least some reps this spring, even if they are on a limited basis.

If the QBs from the 2011 class are going to show anything, this would be the time to do it.

The Hirschman news is disappointing. We need him getting at least some reps this spring, even if they are on a limited basis.

If the QBs from the 2011 class are going to show anything, this would be the time to do it.

I was thinking... Spring football 2012, the rise of Dorman?

Schrock will be the one getting the second team reps. Don't expect much out of Stevie Joe.

I'm still trying to figure out how we are going to have a winning team next yr. Just makes me more depressed where we are as a program.

I'm not too worried about Hirschmann missing camp. I'm rooting for Wood to come in here and take over for the next few years. Hopefully he wows the coaches and can lead us into a more successful 2012.

Hirschmann just doesn't excite me as much. If we wins the job, great. I just haven't heard or seen anything about him having the potential to be a top PAC 12 QB.

The issue is not Wood winning the job. The issue is trying to create some semblance of a depth chart at QB. Hirschman potentially missing at least part of Spring ball after his injury issues during fall camp last season make that harder to accomplish.

I'm still trying to figure out how we are going to have a winning team next yr. Just makes me more depressed where we are as a program.
Much, much easier schedule, staff has a year under their belts, going to be facing a lot of new coaches, should have a healthy secondary, and most importantly, a bye week.

Well for those couple weeks of spring practice, I'm OK with Wood getting extra work. I'm less worried about the 2nd or 3rd QB's rapport with the back up WR's.

I'm happy about Wood getting some extra reps. But he hasn't proved anything and I would have liked to see him win the job with competition.

My bigger concern about the spring is that with Bonsu out we won't have much opportunity for the OL to practice against a real defensive front. We need our OL to get this year.

My guess at the 2012 QB Depth Chart would be: 1. Wood, 2. Dillon, 3. Hirschmann,

Hopefully Wood stays healthy through the whole season and Dillon will get redshirted. I think Dillon will come in and impress more than Hirschmann will.

I'm happy about Wood getting some extra reps. But he hasn't proved anything and I would have liked to see him win the job with competition.

My bigger concern about the spring is that with Bonsu out we won't have much opportunity for the OL to practice against a real defensive front. We need our OL to get this year.
Don't worry I'll be pulling a Rudy this spring :thumbsup:

My guess at the 2012 QB Depth Chart would be: 1. Wood, 2. Dillon, 3. Hirschmann,

Hopefully Wood stays healthy through the whole season and Dillon will get redshirted. I think Dillon will come in and impress more than Hirschmann will.
I'd guess
1. Wood
2. Schrock
3. Hirschman

Agreed. Due to the large DL class coming in, I'm less worried about DLine during the spring. But we do need to figure out our OLine set up ASAP.

Yeah, I'm already bracing myself for the inevitable reports of how our OL looks dominating in the spring and could be one of the best units in the conference, only to be brought back to earth when actual games start against real experienced DLs. Call it the Conrad Obi effect.

Agreed. Due to the large DL class coming in, I'm less worried about DLine during the spring. But we do need to figure out our OLine set up ASAP.

The fact we are going to be counting on a handful of true freshmen to play early along the DL should concern you.

Back