What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Adam just released the offseason injury repot

Not all new coaches go 3-10
Not all coaches have to start WR's in their secondary due to injuries and we also blew two games in the final minutes so getting a few more wins this season shouldn't be unreasonable.

Not all coaches have to start WR's in their secondary due to injuries and we also blew two games in the final minutes so getting a few more wins this season shouldn't be unreasonable.

We lost to "national powers" UW, ASU and UCLA by over 30 points. Last I looked I believe all those teams finished with losing records after the bowl games.

Staff is going to have to a lot better coaching (or maybe Embree gets rid of the dead weight) to prove to me that Utah game wasn't a fluke. Because what I saw from the staff this year doesn't give me much hope for a turnaround unless we start recruiting lights out (which we aren't at this point)

Getting to 6 wins is going to have a lot to do with how much we improve on offense. The offense is going to have to put up big numbers in some games to carry the rest of the team.

Getting to 6 wins is going to have a lot to do with how much we improve on offense. The offense is going to have to put up big numbers in some games to carry the rest of the team.

There are just as many questions on offense as their are on defense

Who is the starting RB? Do we have a 2 WR? Do we have a TE worth a damn? Will Richardson stay healthy? Is Wood any good? Will the line be better without Miller? Lot of questions

I see the offense being pretty conservative/pro set so if we can't run the ball and move the chains I see a long season ahead. I don't see Embree/EB throwing the ball all around and trying to score a bunch of points through the air with this team so its going to start up front.

Getting 6 wins is going to be predicated in not blowing any games (*cough*CSU*cough*) in the OOC

We lost to "national powers" UW, ASU and UCLA by over 30 points. Last I looked I believe all those teams finished with losing records after the bowl games.

Staff is going to have to a lot better coaching (or maybe Embree gets rid of the dead weight) to prove to me that Utah game wasn't a fluke. Because what I saw from the staff this year doesn't give me much hope for a turnaround unless we start recruiting lights out (which we aren't at this point)
Oh course it doesn't, you never had any hope and never wanted to give the staff a chance. Hell we lost by 45 to Cal at Cal in 2010 and took them to OT and should have won that game. It's not too much to expect us to start 3-0 with our OOC and winning in Pullman will be doable.

All those games you listed I think Goodson and Espinoza were at CB and Orms was out. When Orms was playing, we won.

Yeah, totally. And also, the defense will need to improve. And the special teams. And the play calling. ...And the little dude who does flips during pauses in the game will need to start doing more flips in order to pump up the crowd more. Other than that, we're good.

No doubt. Getting really tired of watching bad offense year after year.

Yeah, totally. And also, the defense will need to improve. And the special teams. And the play calling. ...And the little dude who does flips during pauses in the game will need to start doing more flips in order to pump up the crowd more. Other than that, we're good.

You can get away with mediocre to bad defense in the Pac-12. Not really the case with offense.

Gotta be able to score in the 30s to crack the top half of the league in scoring offense. We averaged under 20 points in 2011 and only reached 30 points twice.

The fact we are going to be counting on a handful of true freshmen to play early along the DL should concern you.

This is the issue.

Even when you have very good recuits you are expecting a guy who is one year from being a HS kid to line up against fifth year offensive linemen who are a year from playing in the NFL, literally boys against men.

Made even worse by the fact that our few experienced guys aren't exactly giant dominators and our returning DEs aren't big powerful guys either.

Last season we got run over due to a lack of depth and talent in the defensive backfield, any injuries at all and this year we could see the same thing in the D-line.

Oh course it doesn't, you never had any hope and never wanted to give the staff a chance. Hell we lost by 45 to Cal at Cal in 2010 and took them to OT and should have won that game. It's not too much to expect us to start 3-0 with our OOC and winning in Pullman will be doable.

All those games you listed I think Goodson and Espinoza were at CB and Orms was out. When Orms was playing, we won.

Just like you said CU was going to win 8 games this year?

Oz did help take peoples' minds off of the game for a few moments.

Back