What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Adams Injury Update

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Adams has patellar tendon tears in both knees and plantar fasciitis in his left foot.
"I've tried to come out with a good attitude. There were some times when my dad would tell me that maybe I should go tell coach that I don't think I can play this game. But I couldn't do that; I just have to push through it."

Adams and CU trainer Trae Tashiro finally concluded the best treatment for his knees and foot would be acupuncture. "We had exhausted about all of our other options as far as rehabbing," Adams said. "(Tashiro) said let's see how acupuncture does."
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=206527063

Ouch. Karma to the dude. He's playing through a lot of pain.

Adams is a guy I'll cheer loudly for on senior day. If healthy, he could have given us Carlon type performances the last 2 years. It takes a man to suck it up when you're hurting and you are so limited versus what you're used to being able to do. Lots of guys would have just hung it up. Adams, though, has given us strong minutes on the defensive end and some aggressive drives to the hoop when the team needed reminding not to stand around the perimeter settling for jump shots. Against Utah, his productivity was a big reason we were able to gut out a win. Very similar to Chen in the way that his play and sense of urgency has taught the young guys what winning basketball is at this level.

Maybe the acupuncture is a recent decision? He looked as explosive as I think I've seen him since he's been here against Utah. I know he's been playing through a ton.

Would explain why he hasn't played up to expectations and his inconsistency. Performance varies depending on pain level.

Have to respect him for both playing through the pain and for not using it as an excuse. All this on top of the diabetes situation which he has also handled with total class.

Maybe the acupuncture is a recent decision? He looked as explosive as I think I've seen him since he's been here against Utah. I know he's been playing through a ton.

Yeah. He took the acupuncture before the Utah game. I just hope it's enough to allow him to gut it out and be productive through the end of the season without causing long-term damage..

Karma for Adams I tore a patellar tendon and its not very fun can't imagine tearing them in both knees

I have to give Jeremy a lot of credit for continuing to play with those types of leg injuries. Hopefully the acupuncture gets him through the season and he can continue to make an impact, like in the Utah game.

Holy ****! I have severe issues with one knee and cannot imagine what he has played thru. He seems to have gotten better and better as the year has gone on and as others have said, his performance against Utah was clutch. True Buff Warrior! Thanks Jeremy

Suggestions for the name of such an award. Is there a realistic opportunity to present it?

Suggestions for the name of such an award. Is there a realistic opportunity to present it?

Simple name like the Allbuffs Above the Rim Award

We could set up a poll for registered members only and ask the AD to allow us to present it on Senior night. And if they say no, let's promote it as part of partnership with Mile High Sports and present it on the radio show.

Last edited:
I'll pitch in whatever it takes to make this happen. Football is still more meaningful cuz there's 20+ seniors and 90+ more players but I think the basketball players would still enjoy it

Ouch, the only thing you can to make planter fasciitis better is stay off the court. Depending how bad the tears are he may need surgery. Does not look good...

We don't win tonight without Adams' contribution. That's 2 in a row.

I'll pitch in whatever it takes to make this happen. Football is still more meaningful cuz there's 20+ seniors and 90+ more players but I think the basketball players would still enjoy it

It would mean a ton to him I think. Especially from the fans. He has taken a lot of crap from us since he got here.

after the last two games, I think I need to start going to Adam's acupuncturist/magician.

We have to give Adams credit. He hasn't had the best luck since his arrival in Boulder, and I think the light has finally clicked on.

His bench production has been huge these last two games without Scott! He has talent and size, and I hope he can continue to play well for us. I'm really cheering for Adams!!

amazing how one of the players that has been attacked for poor play through his whole career here, is now a hero lol. Don't get me wrong I am happier than most that whatever voodoo they are using is working and Adams is finally able to play to a respectable level, but you guys are funny.

Back