What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Advanced Stats and CU - 2016 Edition

Actually, espn has us as #6 in total offense in YPG and #24 in total defense in YPG.
Minor quibble- #6 and #24 is Total Yardage- I went with the Yards Per Game metric because it normalizes for teams that have played 4 games instead of 5. in YPG, Buffs are 9 and 13 on ESPN:

Defense:
upload_2016-10-3_11-7-45.png
Offense:
upload_2016-10-3_11-8-32.png

I seriously wonder if the Buffs are first in the country in first half offense/defense.

First halves this year: 164 PF, 47 PA
Second halves: 52 PF, 56 PA
Yup. If you "normalize" the second half stats for games that were over at half the stats would be ridiculous.

Just like basketball, tempo-free stats are the place to be when it comes to stats. Yards per play, not yards per game.

Football outsiders FEI released today. CU is 32, USC is 31. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei

Notes: 43% of the overall ratings are based on preseason projections. Our preseason rank of 87 is the worst in the top 41 (Troy at 42 was ranked 107). There is only one other team in the top 41 that has a preseason ranking even close to ours (#28 Maryland at #80). Our efficiency #s are much better than theirs (24 v 53). One note of warning: USC has played the hardest schedule in the nation, so far. We have played the 15th hardest (we are currently projected to have the 21st hardest schedule overall)

Cry "Havoc!" And let slip the dogs of war!
Ffh7ym.gif

Football outsiders FEI released today. CU is 32, USC is 31. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei

Notes: 43% of the overall ratings are based on preseason projections. Our preseason rank of 87 is the worst in the top 41 (Troy at 42 was ranked 107). There is only one other team in the top 41 that has a preseason ranking even close to ours (#28 Maryland at #80). Our efficiency #s are much better than theirs (24 v 53). One note of warning: USC has played the hardest schedule in the nation, so far. We have played the 15th hardest (we are currently projected to have the 21st hardest schedule overall)

Cool! But... this table has our record at 3-1. What's up with that? Or am I missing something?

Per NCAA stats.

#15 Total Offense
#18 Total Defense

Not bad.
Where is the thread from last spring where everyone was guessing the O and D rankings. IIRC folks were guessing in the 50s and saying that would be a vast improvement.

Where is the thread from last spring where everyone was guessing the O and D rankings. IIRC folks were guessing in the 50s and saying that would be a vast improvement.
I remember that...and agreed. 50s would have been a great improvement. What seems to have happened is a complete metamorphosis.

Finally released his rankings w/o preseason projections. Or at least what they would be without. These are my favorite so far.:D

and just as an FYI.

I do think this is accurate. It's tough for some Buff fans to believe we are this good. But that UM game was winnable and Oregon shouldn't have been that close with the 2 INTs.

Until proven otherwise, I'm believing we are #10 and if we don't self destruct will win by 2 scores against USC.

Go Buffs!

I do think this is accurate. It's tough for some Buff fans to believe we are this good. But that UM game was winnable and Oregon shouldn't have been that close with the 2 INTs.

Until proven otherwise, I'm believing we are #10 and if we don't self destruct will win by 2 scores against USC.

Go Buffs!

C'mon, the 4 teams we've beaten suck. Yes, we played tough at Michigan, but that's not enough for a top ten ranking.

IIRC USC has an All everything Sophmore LB who picked Sefo twice last season. I hope the Buffs are careful with the slant tomorrow.

Back