What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After that punt, I'm done with HCMM

I know. The point is the program is getting beat down and MM is complacent calling it a day with 7 min left. Won't get anywhere being conservative with the roster we have.

I have written off MM, unfortunately. The blueprint for him turning around the program was to take our 2/3 star players, coach them up, and have the team play beyond its talent. After winning a few signature games, MM would begin to recruit 3/4 star players, and really turn the program around.

It seems clear that MM is failing at coaching players over their talent level, we have failed to win any meaningful games, and our recruiting is horrible. I would love to hear how the future for this program looks promising. Especially frustrating is even with Rick's unbelievable delivery of new facilities, we have seen no benefit. I guess our 2 star players are now in a better locker room, and our coaches have great views from their offices.

We remain completely irrelevant, and I would love to hear a rationalization how that will change any time soon under the current staff.

Perfect, couldn't be said any better.

Not sure how anyone can judge the impact of the facilities on recruiting, in a negative way, right now. Watts, Huntley, and Blackmon are already 3 of the best commitments we've had in some time and with Julmisse, Anchrum, Williams, et al potentially soon to follow, I'm not sure how anyone can say the facilities aren't having an impact. Recruiting isn't where it needs to be yet, but is there any doubt it's at least heading in the right direction compared to the past few years?

Not sure how anyone can judge the impact of the facilities on recruiting, in a negative way, right now. Watts, Huntley, and Blackmon are already 3 of the best commitments we've had in some time and with Julmisse, Anchrum, Williams, et al potentially soon to follow, I'm not sure how anyone can say the facilities aren't having an impact. Recruiting isn't where it needs to be yet, but is there any doubt it's at least heading in the right direction compared to the past few years?

I'm sure that the facilities help, but it is clear that Leavitt has a lot to do with it as well.

$175M and we are still at the bottom of the PAC recruiting rankings?

I don't think anyone has ever disputed that. My comments about the facilities were a reply to Idot saying they don't seem to be having an effect.

Well....they are moving us from 12th to perhaps 11th in the PAC. At this rate, we should be good again by 2025.

I know. The point is the program is getting beat down and MM is complacent calling it a day with 7 min left. Won't get anywhere being conservative with the roster we have.

This. 100 times this. MM has done this a few times in the last few years and it kills me. We don't have the talent yet. We have to gamble at times. The players gave everything last night and it feels like MM quit on them with that punt.

I understand everyone wants to see us beat Oregon. And naturally, we're upset that we got blown out in the 2nd half. But for the people saying we're not headed in the right direction--we stuck with an Oregon team who just 10 months ago was in the National Championship game. Hell, we even had the lead a couple times. Folsom looked electric, even with a lightning delay and a rainstorm.

Why'd it all fall apart? We couldn't stop the run, and we couldn't run the ball. Honestly, I think our coaches made the right play calls. We never abandoned the run for the most part, even though it'd get us a few yards at best. That kept the Ducks D honest, allowing Sefo some good options in the pass game. It's not on our coaches that our starting QB has some serious accuracy issues. On defense, Oregon simply manhandled us in the run game. Missed tackles and getting moved off the line of scrimmage on many plays. 3rd and 12 for Oregon? They still run it, and they get the first down. Our D kept us in the game the first half, but the wheels came off in the second.

We can all say the decision to punt in the 4th quarter was a mistake. However, our offense was mainly **** last night. I actually felt calmer watching the game when our D was on the field. Clearly, I would've liked to have seen HCMM go for it, but it wasn't the indefensible boneheaded play that most of you are making it out to be.

So in the end, we got manhandled. The gameday coaching I thought was actually pretty good. You can argue our coaches didn't have guys like Sefo ready at the start of the game, but it's becoming pretty clear that's just how Sefo is. You can bring up recruiting, how CU should have better talent than what we have, but that would be ignoring TEN YEARS of ineptitude and embarrassment. Yes, most of us remember (barely) that CU used to be a proud and respectable football program. But these 18 year old kids sure as hell don't. They know us as the laughingstock of the Pac 12 since they could pick up a football themselves. With the facilities upgrade, it will take a few years to see results from recruiting. But now is not the time do jump ship because Oregon beat us like we all thought they would back when the season started.

Everyone is frustrated. You might want to rag on me because I am defending this staff. But look at where the program is now compared to 3-4 years ago. We packed Folsom and hung with Oregon before the talent gap exposed our weaknesses. Four years ago, the game would've been lost halfway through the 1st quarter. If Sefo could throw an accurate ball and not make silly mistakes, who knows how the game would've turned out.

My point is that all is not lost; our next three game are @ ASU, vs. U of A, and @ OSU. The Arizona schools aren't as tough as once thought and I think we have a great chance to win in Corvalis. ****, we might go 0-3 in that stretch, but the point is the ship isn't sinking like you all think it is. I'm not saying it won't, but the Oregon game wasn't definitely the iceberg you're all making it out to be.

$175M and we are still at the bottom of the PAC recruiting rankings?
Its going to be a small class so the rankings aren't going to be great regardless. Just look at the caliber of recruit we have received commitments from right now and tell me recruiting isn't getting better.

Its going to be a small class so the rankings aren't going to be great regardless. Just look at the caliber of recruit we have received commitments from right now and tell me recruiting isn't getting better.

Relative to MM's recent classes? On an average star basis, not sure it is any better. Certainly relative to the rest of the PAC, we are not moving the needle.

Relative to MM's recent classes? On an average star basis, not sure it is any better. Certainly relative to the rest of the PAC, we are not moving the needle.
Last year's class averaged 2.75. FWIW.

I didn't understand all of the excitement before the game and I don't get the vitriol afterwards. This game went about as expected and was even a real game at half time. The Vegas line was an over reaction to a good game by Utah.

Concur on all points.

Sitting at 2.78 now.....yep, ****ing new facilities are huge for recruiting.
I don't know where your expectations were for recruiting and how the unfinished facilities would affect them, but if you can't see the improvement so far in the '16 class, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I don't know where your expectations were for recruiting and how the unfinished facilities would affect them, but if you can't see the improvement so far in the '16 class, I'm not sure what to tell you.
You have told me all that I need to hear from you!

I didn't understand all of the excitement before the game and I don't get the vitriol afterwards. This game went about as expected and was even a real game at half time. The Vegas line was an over reaction to a good game by Utah.
I predicted a 42-21 loss. So I was close. However, I did not realize how bad Oregon is. At half time, I made the mistake of getting my hopes up. That is the reason I'm a bit bummed. But I was pretty right on in my prediction of how the game would go. I don't have much hope it will get any better this year. At this point, I'd be ecstatic, almost, with 2 wins the rest of the way. And shocked.

That punt call really bothered me. I heard a number of people in my section say, "If he's given up, I'm going home" as they left right then.

Truth is, if you don't have confidence that your offense can dial up a play to get 3 yards -- even if Sefo was shaken up after the previous scramble -- then you deserve to lose.

There's a time and place to play with desperation. That was the time and place.

I predicted a 42-21 loss. So I was close. However, I did not realize how bad Oregon is. At half time, I made the mistake of getting my hopes up. That is the reason I'm a bit bummed. But I was pretty right on in my prediction of how the game would go. I don't have much hope it will get any better this year. At this point, I'd be ecstatic, almost, with 2 wins the rest of the way. And shocked.

I predicted something close to that in the final score too. I did not get my hopes up at halftime. I was just pleasantly surprised by the halftime score, but didn't expect that CU could hold up given how physical the UO running game and front seven on the defense were playing. I got a half of enjoyable football out of that game, a half more than I'd hoped for.

I went through three separate google image searches, before I found just the right one.

And yes, I'm aware of the inappropriate message.
galleryimage1189171464-feb-4-2012-600x395.jpg

That punt call really bothered me. I heard a number of people in my section say, "If he's given up, I'm going home" as they left right then.

Truth is, if you don't have confidence that your offense can dial up a play to get 3 yards -- even if Sefo was shaken up after the previous scramble -- then you deserve to lose.

Especially when your defense is running on fumes.

my only guess is that mm felt, given where the offense was physically at that moment, they couldn't get the first down. i dunno. it was a hard thing for a fan to take, for sure.

i am getting tired of getting rolled in conference by soft finesse teams. we have to get tougher and play more physical ball. we don't have the athletes to out finesse these teams-- we have to hit them in the face, over and over. the team played hard yesterday but we just don't have what it takes to win the LOS with any consistency at all.

I'm not done with Mac, but that was a super weak call. Everyone watching knew the defense wasn't going to get a stop as things currently were. It really wasn't even a hard decision and nobody would have blamed him if we didn't get it.

I'm kinda wondering why a former DC can trot out an awful offense so many weeks. He is the one constant over this bad Pac-12 streak.

not sure I understand

MacIntyre has a defensive background. The defense and defensive recruiting (particularly in the front seven) has been very bad in his tenure. Trying to figure out why that is.

Back