What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After that punt, I'm done with HCMM

I would rather have the guys with the best offer list.

Often, but not always the stars follow the offers but I trust the coaches more.
Just jerkin' your chain. I understand what you are saying. However, I'm pretty sure it has been proven that stars matter. In the 2014 NFL draft there were:
4 - 5 stars
13 - 4 stars
12 - 3 stars
3 - 2 stars

Now, when you consider that there are around 2500 players signed per year and only 30 are 5 stars (1.2%) and 275 are 4 stars (11%), then you see that 12.5% of the 2014 draft were 5 stars and 41% were 4 stars, then the numbers speak for themselves.

Just jerkin' your chain. I understand what you are saying. However, I'm pretty sure it has been proven that stars matter. In the 2014 NFL draft there were:
4 - 5 stars
13 - 4 stars
12 - 3 stars
3 - 2 stars

Now, when you consider that there are around 2500 players signed per year and only 30 are 5 stars (1.2%) and 275 are 4 stars (11%), then you see that 12.5% of the 2014 draft were 5 stars and 41% were 4 stars, then the numbers speak for themselves.

And I know what you are saying. For the most part the stars tend to match the offers. Don't know what your figures refer to unless you are listing the first 27 picks in the draft but I would just about guarantee that if you want to find talent you follow the coaches who are winning big.

In the first round of that 2014 draft you find players from Buffalo, UCF, Louiseville (3),Oregon State and Washington State. Every other player comes from a program that is regularly in the top 25 and from a power conference.

If you are going to beat those power teams you have to get the kind of players that they are recruiting.

If we are recruiting kids who's best offer is Washington State or Iowa State that is the talent level we normally will get.

I have not giving up on this staff , especially with Levitt on board. Mmac is not a gambler. I can live with that.
buffs are obviously improving. If Mmac staff had recruited better the first two years the improvement would be quicker; but we are closing the gap. We need to improve recruiting by hiring better recruiters. Maybe 2 more staff changes Focused on recruiting and let the facilities and flat irons do the rest. If we only win 1 more game we need a new HC, but 2 games should buy them another year. McCartney was 1-10 his third season. MMac is going in the right direction, just slowly.
I love Sefos heart and determination, but I think when we get a more accurate passer, this team will make huge jump up. Picture Goff on our team. One player switch and we are 100% better. Connecting on all of those missed throws and we are 5-0. I hate to say that cuz I have a lot of respect for the kid, but the missed are what kills this offense.
If Apsay or Martinez can be more accurate we have enough talent around them to be a bowl team.
Waiting another year sucks, but starting over sucks worse. I think throwing in the towel after a frustrating loss to Oregon is a mistake.

I agree with this assessment. Coming from the dirty muck in the basement we were in . . . required a massive turnaround. The team has come a long ways in a couple years, and with the new coaches, better recruiting, JUCO additions and better overall talent, I have to say things are improved (even though it sucks we're not winning right now). I also agree with a better QB, we'd be 5-0. Sefo gunning touch passes and failing to make the easy play and not turn the ball over . . .just killing us.

It simply isn't true that most members had this team winning between 4 and 6 games. Most members had this team starting the season 4-0. THIS year was supposed to be bowl game or bust. Now we're staring down the barrel of a 3-10 or 4-9 season. Deja vu. Same **** different year.

Where is this team improved? Please don't say the running game after Saturday night. Please don't say margin of victory/defeat. Those ASU cocksuckers are going to beat us by at least 4 TDs on Saturday.
Easy now to say optimism was foolish, but look at last year's results - only 2 wins, but with a very small amount of good luck (or a slight reduction in bad luck), the record could have been 6-6. With increased experience comes improvement -normally this is a given, especially at key skill positions such as QB. Not hard to envision 7-6 or 8-5 on that basis.

Unfortunately for the Buffs and we faithful fans, the experience bump did not happen, this being particularly evident at QB. Turns out last year's team was already running at optimum, and this year is a rerun. I wouldn't be surprised if we come out in the upside of a couple of home games against "superior" opponents. Conference road games remain automatic losses until proven otherwise.

Back