What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Al Golden makes a ton of sense

Good point. If the pro's can't do much better than the Joe's, let us crowdsource the hiring of coach, staff... I'm kidding. But ya, it's not an exact science.

It amuses me to end that you ****s think you know what your talking about when serious professionals with legions of staff with years in the industry can't get it right. But, whatevs... :tini:

Still makes a lot of sense to me.

The other guys we have discussed (Andersen, Doeren, Jones, DeRuyter) are probably $1.5-$2MM salary guys in their next job. Strong is probably a $3-$4 MM salary guy. Golden's making $2MM. The $2.5MM Bohn threw out there fits if we're talking about Golden.

I keep coming back to Golden for some reason. Now that I said that he won't come here.

I keep coming back to Golden for some reason. Now that I said that he won't come here.

If you've jinxed this thing, Tini, there will be a price to pay...

Seriously, I thought I heard that Purdue was offering Jones somewhere in the neighborhood of $2.5MM.

He might like the situation at CU:
1. Make same or better $
2. Get out of the hyper-competitive southeast
3. No-lose situation, nowhere to go but up

Not sure about #3. I think the CU job poses a huge career risk.

CU has its risks considering the recent history, but if we take the admin as its word, then a substantial investment in facilities is coming and I don't think CU has yet to see the full benefits from moving to the PAC12. I still think we are in a Big 12 hangover period where that whole league became very Texacentric.

I think Golden also has as much or more risk at Miami. Huge sanctions are coming its way, the school doesn't have a great donor culture, it doesn't have an on campus stadium and draws poorly for games, and, well, Donna Shalala is president. Golden should leave as fast as possible, whether that be CU or somewhere else.

I think it has a nice ring.

That's what I thought you'd say. I do have experience with IEDs on hwy 93 although the jolts often coincided with trips back to Boulder after doing the "short tour" at Coors.

Back