What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alabama vs. Texas

Alabama had the worst 3rd Q since....(insert any NU game this year).

If I squint, Alabama looks like Nebraska. A Big Red relevant Nebraska. It's like time travel. A national championship. A team to be feared and respected. A team with tradition. A program on top.

But then reality sets in and all that's left is envy. It's a nostalgic envy that oozes all the way from Oogalala to Omaha.

This now makes 3 weird coaching decisions in this game:

#1 the stupid fake punt that should have resulted in a Texas TD had McCoy probably stayed in
#2 the moronic shovel pass that was intercepted and returned for a TD by Alabama
#3 attempting a 52 yd field goal when up by 11 when you could have pinned Gilbert deep

quite a ****ty night for the Texas WR's to forget how to catch. thats 1 TD and like 4 first downs, many on crucial 3d and longs.

If Mac goes into halftime by taking a knee, regrouping, and figuring out a strategy for the 2nd half with a true frosh QB ... this would be a helluva game right now.

"God dammit, OK, I admit it. He caught the ball. Third down. ****."

The Nubs were creaming their shorts about playing Texas next year, all of a sudden Gilbert is looking pretty decent...

Admittedly I didn't watch the first half, since the game started at two in the morning or so. But does Alabama look really, really weak against a Texas team lacking its quarterback (who happens to be the winningest QB in NCAA history--don't tell me that doesn't matter)?

Admittedly I didn't watch the first half, since the game started at two in the morning or so. But does Alabama look really, really weak against a Texas team lacking its quarterback (who happens to be the winningest QB in NCAA history--don't tell me that doesn't matter)?

Bama did look better in the first half, not great, but definitely better. I think their second half offense is a classic case of going into a shell, then not being able to turn it back on when you need to.

And right now, they desperately need to. Texass is starting to get the idea they can pull off one of the most improbable big game wins in NCAA history....

What a rally. It was supposed to be 41-6 by now.

Bama melted.

Haven't read through the whole thread to see if it's been already stated, but geez, Will Muschamp will be a good HC.

Whew. This game was starting to remind me of the CU-OSU game. Green QB battling back.

Well I won't have to listen to too much trash talking, good job in beating the true freshman QB off the bench...lol

Well I won't have to listen to too much trash talking, good job in beating the true freshman QB off the bench...lol

Exactly.

For those wishing both teams could lose, you kind of got your wish (assuming nothing too wacky happens in the last two minutes).

The big tough SEC team squeaking by a Coltless Texas is far less than impressive--almost embarrassing. If there's such a thing as "moral victories" than this could be considered an "immoral victory", which when I think about it, pretty much describes any "W" achieved my Nick Saban.

And Texas actually loses, literally.

Mudholed.

Hey! Longhorns
Hey! Longhorns
Bama just beat the hell outta you.
Rammer jammer yellowhammer
Give 'em hell Alabama.

Holy ****! An interception with 26 seconds remaining! Nick Saban can still get a score out of this!

Back