What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Travel, Accommodation, Ticket, Food etc. Thread

Kind of sucks but we are flying in Thursday morning and out Friday morning. So we only have Thursday to really do anything.

Kind of sucks but we are flying in Thursday morning and out Friday morning. So we only have Thursday to really do anything.
Do the Alamo, cruise the river walk & go to the game. After the game back to the river walk..might have a bit of a hangover but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing we still own osu.

Do the Alamo, cruise the river walk & go to the game. After the game back to the river walk..might have a bit of a hangover but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing we still own osu.
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my time on Friday before my flight. Are the missions worth checking out? I heard the zoo was good. Any other suggestions?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my time on Friday before my flight. Are the missions worth checking out? I heard the zoo was good. Any other suggestions?
The missions are cool, but they require a car to get from one to the next.

Wife had a conference there a couple of years ago. I did all that. Also the Tower of the Americas. BTW, there's a bar up there for you that want to go up, have a couple of drinks and get a view of the surrounding area.

They don't have a bus?
If they do, it's something new. When I was there six years ago, I don't remember a bus to the missions. Some of them are pretty remote. You have to really look hard to find them. Of course, that's part of the fun.

San Antonio is a fun town. Lots of places along the Riverwalk to stay and eat. Bella on the River is a pricey, but good spot.

Plenty of legit options for Mexican food. A few favorites: Mi Tierra (open 24 hrs) is super popular and deservedly so, La Gloria, Rosario's Cafe y Cantina.

The area around the old Pearl Brewery has been renovated and is a cool spot.

Best breakfasts: Guenther House and Magnolia Pancake Haus

The old Spanish missions (and of course the Alamo) are a good family-friendly option.

And if you're willing to drive about an hour to tiny Lockhart, TX, you can get some of the best BBQ you'll ever have in your life. 3 good places: Smitty's, Kreutz, and Black's.
I approve of this message... Blacks is the preferred BBQ in Lockhart.

San Antonio is a fun town. Lots of places along the Riverwalk to stay and eat. Bella on the River is a pricey, but good spot.

Plenty of legit options for Mexican food. A few favorites: Mi Tierra (open 24 hrs) is super popular and deservedly so, La Gloria, Rosario's Cafe y Cantina.

The area around the old Pearl Brewery has been renovated and is a cool spot.

Best breakfasts: Guenther House and Magnolia Pancake Haus

The old Spanish missions (and of course the Alamo) are a good family-friendly option.

And if you're willing to drive about an hour to tiny Lockhart, TX, you can get some of the best BBQ you'll ever have in your life. 3 good places: Smitty's, Kreutz, and Black's.

Most of the Mexican food on the Riverwalk is cooked with people from places like Ohio or Wisconsin in mind. Rosario's is a ways off the riverwalk and is pretty good. The 3 places he mentioned are off the riverwalk and are pretty good.

Ok- long story short, we will only get Thursday before the game for about 2 hours to spend in SA. We would at least like to see the Alamo from the outside, and check out the Riverwalk. So I'm thinking of parking near the Alamo and walking down by the riverwalk, catch a few beers, and then hit the stadium. I realize it's about a mile, but is this feasible?

Ok- long story short, we will only get Thursday before the game for about 2 hours to spend in SA. We would at least like to see the Alamo from the outside, and check out the Riverwalk. So I'm thinking of parking near the Alamo and walking down by the riverwalk, catch a few beers, and then hit the stadium. I realize it's about a mile, but is this feasible?
Is that 2 hours before kickoff, or 2 hours before getting to the stadium 30-45 minutes before kickoff to manage the process of getting in and getting to your seats. Two very different scenarios.

Given that I live in the land of terrible sickly sweet kool-aid margaritas, the most important question is: where can I get a good one in San Antonio?

If the river walk places cater their menus to midwesterners, I'm guessing most of them will serve the sweet abominations that meth addled fuskers think is good.

Is that 2 hours before kickoff, or 2 hours before getting to the stadium 30-45 minutes before kickoff to manage the process of getting in and getting to your seats. Two very different scenarios.
I'll get to San Antonio about 5:00.

What time is kickoff? I see 7:00, but is that central time or mountain time?

Parking always kinda sucks in that area, but it's feasible.

Given that I live in the land of terrible sickly sweet kool-aid margaritas, the most important question is: where can I get a good one in San Antonio?

If the river walk places cater their menus to midwesterners, I'm guessing most of them will serve the sweet abominations that meth addled fuskers think is good.
I would try the Esquire. They have a pretty good cocktail menu, and I'd be shocked if they couldn't make a proper marg cocktail.

Land in Austin at 10 am. Got a room at the Wyndham River Walk. So we have kind of a base there plus a place to park. After the game, we can get 2 or 3 hours of sleep then have a 5:45 am flight from Austin. My daughter tried finding more time friendly flights, but flights are all booked up and really pricey. Shouldn't be too bad. We'll have a good 5 hours to tool around the River Walk, etc. The hotel is a 30 minute (1.4 mile) walk from the stadium. I'd have preferred flying in the day before and out later in the day after, but, oh well.

Land in Austin at 10 am. Got a room at the Wyndham River Walk. So we have kind of a base there plus a place to park. After the game, we can get 2 or 3 hours of sleep then have a 5:45 am flight from Austin. My daughter tried finding more time friendly flights, but flights are all booked up and really pricey. Shouldn't be too bad. We'll have a good 5 hours to tool around the River Walk, etc. The hotel is a 30 minute (1.4 mile) walk from the stadium. I'd have preferred flying in the day before and out later in the day after, but, oh well.

Just booked what I'm assuming is the same hotel. Reasonably priced for a trusted chain. I'll be getting in Wednesday coming from New Orleans, leave Friday morning back to Denver.

Just booked what I'm assuming is the same hotel. Reasonably priced for a trusted chain. I'll be getting in Wednesday coming from New Orleans, leave Friday morning back to Denver.
Yeah. I don't think there will be too many hookers.

Is anyone doing the "Buff's Bash?" That is the "official" CU tailgate. It's advertised to give away "commemorative bag filled with spirit items" and to have "concession style food and drink for purchase." So I'm imagining a bag of crap and cheese nachos and a Pepsi for $12.

Last edited:
Is anyone doing the "Buff's Bash?" That is the "official" CU tailgate. It's advertised to give away "commemorative bag filled with spirit items" and to have "concession style food and drink for purchase. So I'm imagining a flaming bag of crap and cheese nachos and a Pepsi for $12.
fify.

Back