1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alec Burks update

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by buffaholic, Dec 17, 2015.

1. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Out here in SLC on business and bellied up to the bar in my hotel after the game for a beer and some wings. Started talking to the guy next to me and we had a couple hour talk on hoops, real nice guy. Turns out the guy is Tom Lyles, father of Trey. So had some good discussion of Alec (the old man on the team to some degree) and the youngsters that are the Utah Jazz.

Touched on AAU, recruiting, UK (Coach Cal), Pitino, agents, shoe deals, NBA money and how to cope when you're 20 years old.

Sadly, I only vaguely recognized the name Trey Lyles as I've tuned-out of the NBA and even the top college teams the last few years and pretty much just focus on CU and perhaps some Pac12 opponents. But I didn't let on that I had no idea who he was and was afforded a quick bathroom break to google the kid.

The Jazz need to grow up a little, but they could be a real force down the line I think. Quinn Snyder is only in his 2nd year as well. Will be a team to watch though over the next couple years I think.

I'll probably see him tonight and I'll have to ask him some tougher questions like how much money did Calipari give them? :D

Yung Buffalo and sockdolager like this.
  2. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Alec* that's a cool story though.

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Fixed it.

4. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Thanks for the fix - that's one of my pet peeves and then I went and screwed it up anyhow!

Think I may get an invite to a practice. Didn't bring my CU stuff with me - dang!

SpacemanSpiff likes this.
  5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

here is another update:

KUBuff, Yung Buffalo and Buffnik like this.
  6. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

So what is the update on Burks? Thread title should be "Update on SLC business trip"

7. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

Personally I'm looking forward to hearing more about Alec Burks. In particular, I want to know details about Alec such as how many times the waiter refilled Buffaholic's water and what Trey Lyles' father ordered for dessert. Waiting with bated breath for the Alec Burks update part 2.

8. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

Hey guys, figured this would be the right place to post this update on Alec.

I was out last night at this place called HopCat in Ann Arbor, Michigan. And who walks in about 5 minutes after I sit down? You guessed it--my older brother, whom I invited to meet me.

We talked about lots of things. Basketball, jobs, family, etc.

It was a nice time.

9. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

I think my force has awakened. then I peed. all is good now.

10. scoob

scoob Club Member Club Member

Hopefully next time you meet you can ask him some tougher questions, like why mom always liked him better and see if he ever hooked up with that redhead. Keep us posted! Love hearing about ex Buffs.

NBDefektor likes this.