What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alex Lewis transferring to Neb

You have a nice State. But not all of it is mountains, Colorado has it's bad parts, and is flatter than Nebraska, and with less trees.

I like to think of that part of the state as a type of moat that must be crossed to protect us from invaders of the east.

Now, y'all just stop criticizing Alex! Din't you get the nastygram from Goose about how we all are mean-spirited and violating TOS in critiquing players who are "just following their dreams" and "owe nothing to CU", because "they gave it their all", including being injured and working through it, like Alex?

For shame! Let's be consistent here!...............Uh, wait....this involves those Corn-tards in Lincoln? Sorry, all TOS are off for this!!! LOL!

When you tell the coach on friday his job is secure, then cave to rich fans and fire him on sunday, you have taught a major lesson about disloyalty.
CU used to be on a higher moral/ethical plane than most schools - now we're a losing team with no reason to ask for respect on any level.

Go Buffs!

Wow

Now, y'all just stop criticizing Alex! Din't you get the nastygram from Goose about how we all are mean-spirited and violating TOS in critiquing players who are "just following their dreams" and "owe nothing to CU", because "they gave it their all", including being injured and working through it, like Alex?

For shame! Let's be consistent here!...............Uh, wait....this involves those Corn-tards in Lincoln? Sorry, all TOS are off for this!!! LOL!

BuffEnuf never tires of making bad posts. It's a gift.

Hate to tell you this Duff, but Buffenuf is dead on. The Nick Hirschman thread was locked because of the "venom" that was directed at him. This "venom" which I am still failing to see. All I've seen is people discussing their opinion of what they think is a questionable move to Akron, while not personally attacking Nick at all. Yet here we are at page 7 of this thread and with Alex getting dragged through the mud. I'm not really seeing the reasoning behind what is being allowed and what isn't.

manuseme.jpg

What about having some accountability to his teammates? I don't wanna slam the dude but he would be enemy if I played against him. It sounds bad I know but it's true.

What about having some accountability to his teammates? I don't wanna slam the dude but he would be enemy if I played against him. It sounds bad I know but it's true.
He'd be an enemy at any point in time after his comments yesterday. Throwing your whole former team under the bus is low, but I guess it should be expected for a Corn****er

Hate to tell you this Duff, but Buffenuf is dead on. The Nick Hirschman thread was locked because of the "venom" that was directed at him. This "venom" which I am still failing to see. All I've seen is people discussing their opinion of what they think is a questionable move to Akron, while not personally attacking Nick at all. Yet here we are at page 7 of this thread and with Alex getting dragged through the mud. I'm not really seeing the reasoning behind what is being allowed and what isn't.

Disagree.

Nick Hirschman: Battled through a variety of injuries, but competed. Earned his degree. Set a goal that if he wasn't named a starter after this spring, then he would transfer so that he could play rather than possibly sit on the bench. He said it was tough to leave, he'll always be a Buff. Handled the move with class.

Alex Lewis: Had few options out of high school, CU took a chance and he played. He was likely going to earn a starting spot so the transfer was not about playing time. He took cheap shot in the media on the way out. Dad was a former husker so the whole scenario looks bad.

Bottom line, Nick transferred for playing time after graduating. Alex Lewis wanted to play at Nebraska and called his teammates losers on the way out. If you can't see the difference, well I don't know what to tell you.

In the end, the loss of Lewis hurts the OL depth. Really not worthy of 7 pages, though.

Disagree.

Nick Hirschman: Battled through a variety of injuries, but competed. Earned his degree. Set a goal that if he wasn't named a starter after this spring, then he would transfer so that he could play rather than possibly sit on the bench. He said it was tough to leave, he'll always be a Buff. Handled the move with class.

Alex Lewis: Had few options out of high school, CU took a chance and he played. He was likely going to earn a starting spot so the transfer was not about playing time. He took cheap shot in the media on the way out. Dad was a former husker so the whole scenario looks bad.

Bottom line, Nick transferred for playing time after graduating. Alex Lewis wanted to play at Nebraska and called his teammates losers on the way out. If you can't see the difference, well I don't know what to tell you.

In the end, the loss of Lewis hurts the OL depth. Really not worthy of 7 pages, though.

TOS doesn't discriminate between whether we like the player or not.

There probably is not a difference, except BuffEnuf was a schmuck in the Hirschman thread, the Roberson thread, and pretty much any other thread he posts in. The only poster who consistently agrees with him is Wizzer (pretty strange IYAM).

I also think there is something to be said that Hirschman at least willing to be quoted in the media. Alex Lewis basically threw his teammates under the bus via an intermediary. That's pretty chicken****.

To those student-athletes who are staying, studying, practicing hard, and helping to rebuild our Buffs despite tough times: Thank you.

TOS is an invention of the Junta. The Junta are assholes that hold all the authority of a dozen 35 year old coked up internet tough guys who allegedly killed five hookers.

There probably is not a difference, except BuffEnuf was a schmuck in the Hirschman thread, the Roberson thread, and pretty much any other thread he posts in. The only poster who consistently agrees with him is Wizzer (pretty strange IYAM).

I also think there is something to be said that Hirschman at least willing to be quoted in the media. Alex Lewis basically threw his teammates under the bus via an intermediary. That's pretty chicken****.
Gotta agree with Duff, Bnuff is a doosh across all threads. I'm sure Whizzurritallazzo agrees with me.

He'd be an enemy at any point in time after his comments yesterday. Throwing your whole former team under the bus is low, but I guess it should be expected for a Corn****er

Did he throw his former team under the bus? or did he say what needed to be said?

I am not upset that he transferred. The problem I have is that he transferred to Nebraska. Not a smart, not a good football decision. I agree the CU admin aren't the best of role models.

Last edited:

Exactly. Cree, I totally disagree with you. The TOS should limit what we can and cannot say on this board, not who we can and cannot say it about.

I must have missed all the venom in the Hirscman tread because all I saw was a lot of head scratching and questioning the decision. It didn't seem venomous or mean spirited to me.

Regardless, I never understood why we have to be so careful about criticizing players, they're not little leaguers, they're old enough to vote and go to war and have chosen to participate in an activity that puts them in somewhat of a spotlight. Plus sticks and stones and all that...

I have been trying to get over it, as I know this was more about his family ties to NU than CU. Yes, we lost a ton the last two years, but things are changing. Saying people don't want to win here was a bull**** call. He came across as a classless asshole.....and in a way, that makes him perfect for NU and I am glad to have him gone. Only one OL kicked ass last year in any fashion, and it wasn't Alex.

All he had to do is say 'I always wanted to go to NU because my Dad played here, and now I have the opportunity to do so, so I am going to go ahead and transfer there. I wish the CU football team all the best and wish to assure the fans that better days are ahead with this staff'.

That's it. Have a little class. And he could not do that.

Exactly. Cree, I totally disagree with you. The TOS should limit what we can and cannot say on this board, not who we can and cannot say it about.

I must have missed all the venom in the Hirscman tread because all I saw was a lot of head scratching and questioning the decision. It didn't seem venomous or mean spirited to me.

Regardless, I never understood why we have to be so careful about criticizing players, they're not little leaguers, they're old enough to vote and go to war and have chosen to participate in an activity that puts them in somewhat of a spotlight. Plus sticks and stones and all that...

I'm not making an argument about the terms of service. I've never even read them before today. I am explaining why there is more upsetness about one transfer versus another. Ban me I guess. Whatever.

We should really fv(k him over and not allow him a release to Neb. Is that possible?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

This is the best thread there's been around here in a long time!
Sorry to sound like a troll, but it's been a long time since there has been some good discussion and fire on Allbuffs.

Remain calm....Do.not.PANIC. Total of twelve linemen are on the roster without Lewis and three FR coming in the fall for a total of 15. Plus, there guys on the DL who could move in a real pinch. Typical college roster carries 15-18 OL; for example: FLA had only three healthy OL this spring and will have 16 total in the fall. CU is in line with that.

Now that the OL does not have to spend a full second trying to figure out complex NFL blocking calls and schemes, they should be able to read and react much faster than Water Bottle's schemes allowed.

I think people will be amazed at how much MM's simplification will help the entire offense. In spring scrimmages I attended, there were virtually no OL penalties, even with guys learning a new system. Another thing I learned, listening to comments made by Neuheisal in a pre-spring game interview: Rick observed that in MM's practices, the players were running three plays in the same time his team's practices would have run one play! No standing/fooling around. This effectively give all players that many more reps to learn the MM system. If Rick was impressed, then maybe we can be, too.

You are hilarious, another delusional post, you must have these stored in a vault.

I would rather have him on the team than not because we are so thin at OL. But let's face it, Bakhti was our best OL last year. Everybody else was part of the unit that had a great deal of difficulty doing much of anything. I like Nembot, Handler and Harris (if he can stay healthy). Beyond that, CU needs a lot of guys to step up and develop. Lewis playing on Sundays? Uh, still waiting for a great Saturday performance so color me skeptical. Sounds like a typical niblet, being a punk on the way out. See ya round....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sorry to sound like a troll, but it's been a long time since there has been some good discussion and fire on Allbuffs.

Who was the kid that went to kNU and wanted to transfer to be closer to his sick father. Kid was a pretty highly ranked DT if I remember correctly. The corn fans crucified him and those high class people in the kNU AD wouldn't give him his release.

**** off troll.

Back