What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alex Lewis transferring to Neb

Like many have said on here I would not be surprised if J Webb and Lewis got into blows (not BJs) over Alex's apparent slamming of CU players for lacking a desire to win (per 3rd party quoted in the DP of course).

If so, I would certainly respect JWebb and make it an easier pill to swallow (no pun intended) that Lewis is leaving.

IF J Webb scrapped with Putative Bugeater Lewis, he just leaped to one of my top three favorite Buffs on the roster....

Lewis now officially qualified to be a fusker.

Would be ironic if it turned out to be something significant that would cause kNU to pull their scholly offer and since he has already abandoned CU leave him stuck in the middle with nothing.

I don't think that this would happen but if it turned out to be something bigger like the CSU guys did beating up random people on the street then Webbs scholly could be open as well.

That's a man that is going away for a long. long time.

Dude was born in 1943, he doesn't have a long, long time left. With the prohibited weapons charge that likely means he is a convicted felon. He may not be coming out alive.

Has to; helps him remember what he did the night before!

Busted!!!.....lol actually i just looked to make sure sex offenders like you are not hanging out around boulder county

****kidding of course**** this was reported on another site so i came here wanting to see if anyone knew details.

This story checks out to me. Lewis could Harass Jordan about his terrible record as a Buffs QB AND as a Kansas QB. 2 counts harassment.

Jordan swings at him, and a fight breaks out. They both get arrested.

Open and shut case.

The hypothesis about this being some kind of mutual affray between Webb and Lewis is a fascinating. Being a lawyer (and occasionally playing one on TV), I will say this. There are a number of ways to commit Harassment under Colorado law, but you usually see it where the person is charged with touching another person with the intent to annoy, harass, or alarm. Assault, under Colorado law, requires some kind of injury, so harassment is sort of like an assault without an injury. You can also commit harassment by following a person in public, or making harassing phone calls, and a few other ways, but I would bet that it is the touching with intent to annoy, harass, or alarm.

Second degree assault is a very serious offense. Like harassment, there are a number of ways to commit this offense, but it is usually seen in cases where the suspect causes serious bodily injury to another (i.e. broken bones, second or third degree burns, permanent scarring, etc) or uses a deadly weapon to cause any kind of non-serious bodily injury (if you have both a deadly weapon and serious bodily injury, it is first degree assault). There is a mandatory minimum five years in prison if convicted of these kinds of second degree assault. Interestingly, if you "slip someone a micky" or unknowingly administer some kind of incapacitating substance to another person, that is also second degree assault. So it could be that they got together to slip someone a micky, but I would think you would see conspiracy charges if that happened, so I think that is not what happened.

If this is indeed a mutual affray, I would bet that they got into a fight and broke each others noses, or something like that, and that Lewis got the harassment charges by pushing people away or going hands-on with people trying to intervene.

That being said, I could not be more DELIGHTED that the newest Cornhusker is leaving our state with such aplomb!

Per a comment on the Denver Post article:

Holy crap I was there for this!

I was walking back from perl street pretty drunk and stumbled into this when the lineman got in. Some drunk kid was giving Webb crap and the Lineman comes in yelling "Hey that's my QB!". Then he starts saying something along the lines of if you say one more word I'm going to hit you and then beats up the guy. Saw an ambulance come a few minutes later and they had to put him on a strecher. Wasn't there for when Webb hit the guy, I didn't know that happened.

Arrests last night? J Webb and A Lewis

Oh so now it's your QB, Alex? **** you you corn****er piece of ****. You remember these comments, Alex?

"I hated, despised Nebraska," Alex said. "Before I got any offers, my dad asked me if Nebraska or Colorado offers you, who would you choose? Nebraska was out the door . . . I went to their camp and didn't like much about it at all."

Oh and there's this:

Lewis described his temperament as "gentle" off field, but "mean and nasty" on the field. He played for a run-oriented high school team but says he has a love for pass protection that will help accelerate his learning in that area.

http://m.cubuffs.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=205086890&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=600

What a man of his words.

You do have to hand it to alex, though. He's campaigning for the Christian Peter Award before he sets foot on their campus.

If he really works hard and stays focused, he'll have a shot at the Lawrence Phillips Trophy next season.

Last edited:
The Huskers get Alex's share of the EDSBS Fulmer points, right?

You do have to hand it to alex, though. He's campaigning for the Christian Peter Award before he sets foot on their campus.

If he really works hard and stays focused, he'll have a shot at the Lawrence Phillips Trophy next season.

Rep, although even with this stuff Lewis is still a model of good behavior compared to a lot of the "fine student athletes" who tend to show up in red uniforms

Lewis is only halfway there...beating up a teammate's girlfriend will complete his journey to the Husker-hood.

This just blows...I'm trying to remember a Buff that transferred to Nebraska. Perhaps the rivalry is truly dead?

This just blows...I'm trying to remember a Buff that transferred to Nebraska. Perhaps the rivalry is truly dead?

There never was a rivalry. CU sucked and will continue to suck for years to come. Look at the record of the Huskers vs. Buffs, it is one sided.

Back