What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alex Morgan

Jens1893

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
I´ve seen goalkeepers suffer severe facial injuries in situations like this. Not like there was any intent or so, it just happens from time to time.

alex-morgan-knee-2.gif

That is what she gets for coming out all stupid and in bad form like that. Bunch of fail. Glad my girl appeared to be ok.

Clearly the keeper came out with the intent to hack Alex (cleats up and not even playing the ball). She got what she deserved.

Clearly the keeper came out with the intent to hack Alex (cleats up and not even playing the ball). She got what she deserved.

She was trying to make herself the biggest she could to stop the ball. Both players have an equal right to the ball. Every goalkeeper is gonna behave like that and you can´t judge whether she was playing the ball or not from this clip.

If she was trying to hack her, there are several other things she could have done. Like pulling her leg up.

She was trying to make herself the biggest she could to stop the ball. Both players have an equal right to the ball. Every goalkeeper is gonna behave like that and you can´t judge whether she was playing the ball or not from this clip.

If she was trying to hack her, there are several other things she could have done. Like pulling her leg up.
I'm gonna agree that it wasn't a hack attempt, but I'm going to stand by my description of her form. That sucked.

she should have been sent off... they keeper that is... Denial of a Goal Scoring opportunity

Just read that Wambach kicked her in the head in the first half, too. Those Kiwis are tough, but they might want to read up on the latest concussion research before their next match.

Pretty rude of her face get in the way of AM's knee. I mean, It's ALEX EFFING MORNING, gtfo kiwi.

I actually find soccer watchable when the players kick each other in the face.

:lol: BCS did you play the game? Stop being a ridiculous homer. That will never be called unless it's a hand or foot making the contact.

:lol: BCS did you play the game? Stop being a ridiculous homer. That will never be called unless it's a hand or foot making the contact.
of course i played the game.. morgan had the right to the ball the keeper was well outside the box and obstructed the play the injury has nothing to do with the fact whether or not it was a foul... am i a homer absolutely but it doesnt mean it wasnt a foul and a red, if it had happened to solo id expect her to have been sent off the same as the kiwi... granted im probably blinded after having to deal with concacaf officiating

What is being asked here is for the Kiwi to disappear into thin air once AM had managed to put the ball past her.

Ya, BCS somehow thinks a defender is not allowed to occupy any space at all.

I do, however, think this is a good way to illustrate there aren´t only dives and fouls, but also some stuff inbetween where you play on. Morgan was off her feet before she made contact, if you´re a bitch you´re gonna accuse her of diving (while the other alternative was to risk having her leg broken into 2 clean pieces).

I do, however, think this is a good way to illustrate there aren´t only dives and fouls, but also some stuff inbetween where you play on. Morgan was off her feet before she made contact, if you´re a bitch you´re gonna accuse her of diving (while the other alternative was to risk having her leg broken into 2 clean pieces).

I've seen a lot more calls lately where a dangerous tackle forced a player to dodge the leg breaking deal (and thus lose the ball). Never in this sort of "head on" thing though. I agree with this non-call. It's a contact sport.

Back