What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alexis Austin- Pac 12 volleyball offensive player of the week

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Congrats to Ms. Austin! (As quoted below, this is her 1st Pac 12 weekly honor EVER, although she was All- Pac 12 1st team last year, and I assume based on her great stats will be a repeat honoree this year.)

http://pac-12.com/article/2015/11/16/pac-12-announces-volleyball-players-week
"
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference office announced today the Pac-12 Volleyball Players of the Week for the week of Nov. 9-15. COLORADO’s Alexis Austin was voted the Conference’s Offensive Player of the Week, WASHINGTON’s Cassie Strickland was tabbed the Defensive Player of the Week for the third-straight week and WASHINGTON STATE's McKenna Woodford was selected Freshman of the Week for the second time this season.

PAC-12 OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: ALEXIS AUSTIN, COLORADO (SR, OH, Houston, Texas)
For the first time in her career, Alexis Austin earned Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week accolades. She averaged 4.62 kills on .408 hitting, 1.25 digs and 5.00 points per set in the Buffs' upset sweep over the Arizona schools. In the match against then-No. 21 Arizona State, Austin recorded 22 kills and a .385 hitting percentage in the five-set win. She also pitched in six digs and a block. The senior then tallied 15 kills on .438 hitting against then-No. 19 Arizona while also recording four digs and three total blocks. The Buffs have beaten six ranked opponents this year. This is the third weekly honor of the season for Colorado and the seventh all-time.
"

(And (Just letting my ever- increasing sentimentalism take over for a minute (as I get closer and closer in my mid-50's to reaching full-on old f*rt status)), As a big volleyball fan, starting to/ having to come to the realization that her and Nicole Edelman's time with the Buffs is growing short, and I'm feeling much appreciation for both coming to the Buffs as highly rated recruits when I'm sure they had MANY options to go to already established winning programs (which seems to be the easy route almost all top players take). I hope that their time at CU has been and will continue to be great for them through graduation, and that it helps set them both up for great and happy lives. Also, as (I hope) the Buff volleyball program continues to improve and grow into a perennial national power as the years go on, hope all of us fans are going to remember and appreciate these 2 great Buffs who helped start (along of course with the coaches and staff and other players) the renovation of CU volleyball!

Last edited:
I've got a few years on you and I feel this way towards the end of every volleyball and basketball season. :D

A big shout out to Alexis on this honor. I was disappointed to see both Arizona schools still ranked and the Buffs the first time outside the top 25. Hope they do well in California this weekend.

Back