What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alfred Williams: Fire Bohn.

Does Mac have any interest in being involved in CU football in any official capacity? I got the impression that he didn't, or he already would be...?

Does Mac have any interest in being involved in CU football in any official capacity? I got the impression that he didn't, or he already would be...?
He luvs Hawk.....dammit. Mac walked away from an incredible program that HE BUILT. We are now in ruins. Sure would be good if he felt compelled to help the Buffs.

Going off on the radio is just good business. Ask Limbaugh - he never makes any sense but he makes a lot of money (gotta pay for those drugs...).

I have no problem with scheduling a couple of hard OOC games. I have more of a problem with our blocking, tackling, and penalties.

Alfred earned the right to say anything he pleases. He won it all on both levels.

To me it sounded more like they were just throwing out ideas about what could be done. I think he is more brining up firing Bohn so that it puts heat on him to fire Hawkins and get something done. Brining up Bohn, sets the stage for Bohn's firing if he decides to keep Hawkins around.

Al just wants to win and for the program to be relevant again and when he looks at what the Department is doing right now he isn't seeing it. I can see where one would want Bohn gone. Just because the guy is a good fundraiser doesn't mean he is good for the AD, fans and alumni.

In the end though, you guys take some of the stuff that is said too seriously... There wasn't much news today in local sports so they had to come up with something and throwing out random ideas was probably all they could come up with when Bohn hopped a plane for Maui.

A lot of athletic directors view their job as simply putting the right people in place to obtain success on the field. Bohn views his job as much more than that. He has to build a passion for CU athletics.

Successful programs are ones that have support regardless of the performance of the teams on the field/court. That's what Bohn is working on here, and believe it or not, it has started working. To cut that off now, just in it's infancy, would be absolute lunacy.

You don't become Texas, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Michigan or USC overnight. It takes years and years of work to build a solid fanbase. Somebody above got pissed off about Bohn saying he wanted to be the Wisconsin of the Big 12. Wisconsin sells out every damn game, regardless of who they're playing. They travel well. They have a large, devoted and passionate fanbase. Hells yes, I want that too. Bohn's not taking about mirroring Wisconsin's on-field results, he's talking about mirroring the strength of their athletic department. CU has never had an AD who is committed to building the fanbase until now. Firing Bohn would be about as stupid a move as I can imagine.

Personally I think Bohn is a decent guy, the right "face" of CU athletics after the ugly years. But you can't ignore the man's poor history of hiring. Not sure if any here is privy to what goes on behind closed doors, but is somebody is looking over Bohn's shoulder whenever a job opening comes up? Does anyone up there have a clue about hiring a winning coach these days??? It just doesn't seem like it.

Somebody above got pissed off about Bohn saying he wanted to be the Wisconsin of the Big 12. Wisconsin sells out every damn game, regardless of who they're playing. They travel well. They have a large, devoted and passionate fanbase. Hells yes, I want that too. Bohn's not taking about mirroring Wisconsin's on-field results, he's talking about mirroring the strength of their athletic department.

I have often said that Wisconsin should be the blueprint for CU.

In football, they've gone to a bowl game every season but one since 1993. They've won a Heisman Trophy in that period and tons of other national awards. That includes 3 trips to the Rose Bowl (won them all) as conference champions. They've finished the season ranked in 8 of 15 seasons (probably 9/16 after this year) and finished Top 5 in 4 of them.

In basketball, during that same period that started with the 1993-1994 academic year, they've also been great. Prior to that, they hadn't been in the NCAA tourney since 1947, so they were a worse basketball program and had less history than CU. From 1994 to 2009, Wisconsin has been to the NCAA Tourney 13 times, won the Big 10 Tourney twice, and won the Big 10 regular season 3 times.

They're not in a talent-rich state, they've got tough academic standards, and their AD is dwarfed by some of the programs in their conference. Wisconsin is the perfect model for CU athletics.

Back