What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in one, who should CU hire thread...

Tedford built that program from nothing. Has gone through poor facilities, knows the pac 12 recruiting areas, etc.

tedford
taggart
strong
diaco

i'd look at those guys.

i'd also look at other big conference coordinators and/or nfl coordinators or hcs that might want the job.

all i really ask is that it is a national search and that they look for experience.

Some in no particular order for me:
Diaco, De Ruyter, Tedford, Am open to K. Shanahan too.

But overall I honestly believe Bohn can do a good job with this selection without too much interference from the Administration, Buffs4Life crowd and us too.

Bohn pick someone who has at least:
-Coordinator experience at mid-major or BCS level
-Some experience in the Pac 12 footprint
-I'd say preferably someone with ZERO ties to CU but ties to Colorado in some way wouldn't be bad
-Someone who will have a big enough rep to help turn recruiting around fast
-Someone who knows how to win but with integrity

I seriously wonder if the plan may be to try and grab Calhoun and then hire Stitt as OC

Not my first choice, but if you add a LEGIT D-Coord to that, I'd be ok with that. I would rather that they call folks like Diaco, Strong, Taggart first.

Not my first choice, but if you add a LEGIT D-Coord to that, I'd be ok with that. I would rather that they call folks like Diaco, Strong, Taggart first.

I kinda like it too. Both my dad and my brother graduated from Mines, and my dad told me quite a while ago that Stitt was the real deal as a coach.

I wouldn't be upset with Calhoun. I could see him at the top of an elite program. Very smart and good leader. Would need good assistants and recruiters.

Im just excited to see someone new coming in!!!

How bout Derek Mason (Stanford D-coordinator)? Stanford's D is arguably the best in the country. Held Oregon to 14 points.

anyone currently at stanford scares me at bit-- harbaugh left and we have to see if his departure starts to impact them.

The more I read about MacIntyre, the more I like him. I also would be a big proponent of Mason and Roman. Dykes, though it seems very unlikely. To a lesser degree I'm a fan of Willie Taggart as well.

I'd think that Calhoun and Stitt could get this offense to the middle of the PAC on day one. Need some major help on defense though.

Calhoun would be an underwhelming hire to me because of his lack of coordinator or any coaching experience at a big-time program, as well as the question about his ability in recruiting. That's not to say he wouldn't end up being a successful coach at CU, and he's done about as well as you can expect at AF given what he has to work with at a military academy.

DeRuyter also if he is willing to listen
He would definitely be on my short list. My Ag friends were very high on D-Root when he was the D-Coord there. Only downside was that he is not known as a great recruiter. But I like that he's rooted in defense (see what i did there?) and has shown the ability to lead a program. I'd call Diaco first, but DeRuyter would be a good get.

Calhoun would be an underwhelming hire to me because of his lack of coordinator or any coaching experience at a big-time program, as well as the question about his ability in recruiting. That's not to say he wouldn't end up being a successful coach at CU, and he's done about as well as you can expect at AF given what he has to work with at a military academy.

Calhoun was offensive coordinator of the Houston Texans from 2003 - 2006.

I hope the Buffs look at other players, but I wouldn't get too upset if Calhoun was interviewed.

Back