What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in one, who should CU hire thread...

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/72374/embree-fired-after-just-two-seasons

Ted Miller throws out a lot of the same names:
After that, line up the usual suspects. There are plenty of strong candidates out there. Head coaches? What about Charlie Strong, Louisville; Art Briles, Baylor; Sonny Dykes, Louisiana Tech; Willie Taggart, Western Kentucky; Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State; Gary Andersen, Utah State; and Troy Calhoun, Air Force.

Top coordinators ready to make a jump? Oregon's Mark Helfrich; Washington's Justin Wilcox; UCLA's Noel Mazzone; Alabama's Kirby Smart; Clemson's Chad Morris; Oklahoma State's Todd Monken; and Michigan State's Pat Narduzzi.

Stanford offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton and Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason also will merit a look.

Tedford really seems like a guys who could use at least a year off.

Diaco is my top choice and would love to see him bring in someone like Stitt to run the offense. Another guy I wouldn't mind at least considering is Kliff Kingsbury. He's VERY young and might need another couple years, but he's been very impressive at UH and A&M.

Supposedly Bohn has been involved in the search since before Thanksgiving. It's possible they've already made some contacts.

That's only a couple days ago, so we're still pretty early in the process, but has to be a good sign I they fired Embree after putting a few feelers out, perhaps they're getting a positive response early on.

Why in the world would Art Briles come here? Without getting neg repped into oblivion, is the CU job any better than the Baylor job (other than having to live in Waco)

In order of preference: Bob Diaco, Jim Tressel, Bobby Petrino. I think we need to make a big splash to show that we do, indeed take our football seriously and that we're willing to do what it takes to regain respectability. I have my doubts that we'll end up with any of these three. Wouldn't mind Charlie Strong or Sonny Dykes, either.

In order of preference: Bob Diaco, Jim Tressel, Bobby Petrino. I think we need to make a big splash to show that we do, indeed take our football seriously and that we're willing to do what it takes to regain respectability. I have my doubts that we'll end up with any of these three. Wouldn't mind Charlie Strong or Sonny Dykes, either.

This

tressel is under a "show cause" order from the ncaa. there is exactly a 0% chance he will be the next CU head coach. show some brains.

petrino is coming off a national scandal involving him giving his college age mistress a paid job in the department. 1% chance of being the next CU head coach. show some brains, part 2.

what you "want" and what will happen in the real world are not aligned.

Who ever it is needs to be announced right before the unveiling of our plan for a new practice facility. It is time for the AD to show they are serious about the success of CU Football.

Nick Aliotti the Oregon DC. With Bob Stitt as OC and Wilcox (if he'd come, he did play under Aliotti, but I doubt we would pay the money to get him) or either Lupoi or Orgeron as DC. With Aliotti as HC we could go with a less experienced DC.

Is Tosh ready to be a DC? Frankly, all I know about him is that he is a crazy recruiter... is he a good coach also?

Kind of weird how some of you just pretend like it wasn't a big deal how Petrino left like a scumbag in Atlanta... Or how he lied in Arkansas... I know we want to win some games, but let's have a little dignity FFS.

tressel is under a "show cause" order from the ncaa. there is exactly a 0% chance he will be the next CU head coach. show some brains.

petrino is coming off a national scandal involving him giving his college age mistress a paid job in the department. 1% chance of being the next CU head coach. show some brains, part 2.

what you "want" and what will happen in the real world are not aligned.

Shut your whore mouth.

I thought the chance of JE being fired was 1%

Lefty sorry to do this to you but for site traffic reason I am breaking this thread up

Is Tosh ready to be a DC? Frankly, all I know about him is that he is a crazy recruiter... is he a good coach also?
Maybe not right now. But with Aliotti as HC it would be worth the risk. Especially, with Stitt having total control of the Offense.

Back