What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All things Nebraska thread Osborne Edition

Is Bo gonna bring the Huskers back to ELITE status?

• Total voters
Re: Why I don't fear the Bo hire....

the guy head coached ONE game. It was a team that TO and Frankie built and prepped. Bo showed for one year, and people act as if he hung the moon. I'm not saying he won't succeed...he might, but the list of assistants who took over big time programs (I'll concede NU is still big time for this post only) and won in the last 6-8 years is pretty damn short. There's Stoops, Tedford and.......

Bo filled one main qualification for TO. Desperation. Bo is desparate enough to allow TO to fill his staff for him. NU fan will see this as returning to their roots, but in reality TO is the back seat driver on this one. That's not all bad. TO isn't an idiot, he's just too conceited to get out of the way on this one. TO does know his way around and will be an asset, and potentially a liability for Bo.

Grobe, Kelly and Johnson weren't going to be told who to put on staff, and that may have been why they passed. Any of those three would have been a better hire IMO.

Bo will motivate, no doubt. Time will tell whether he is a Stoops or a Teevens. But I am not afraid of this hire. The niblets could have done so much better.
excellent post.... If indeed TO is a back seat driver this becomes dicey. If TO is a back seat teacher/resource it becomes much more positive.

i agree...i think they could have done much better...but only time will tell. but i've been told by my fusker friends that i don't know kNU football therefore don't 'get' why this is a great hire.

i told them that they would be happy with any coach TO picked, cuz he could poop in his hand, call it pudding and nib nation would be eating it up, literally and figuratively.:wow:

Just like we didn't "get" the Callahan hire.:lol:

Who knows how Pelini will do but I see him as nothing more than an "emotional hire". He has never been anywhere long enough to show what he can do although his defenses have been good but OU and LSU had good defenses before he got there and OU has had good defenses after he left where he was co-DC.
The Fusker faithful are convinced Pelini is the next Stoops but they also thought Callahan was the next Carroll.:lol:
I am not worried.:smile2:

Last edited:

Gill was the right hire for the fuskers long term. I love the Pelini hire as a Buffs fan.

Have the dip**** fuskers pronounced that "they are back" yet? I assuming that probably happened with 2 seconds of the Pelini press conference.

Re: Pelini just said

if you got all of that from what I typed I must be more brilliant than I think I am...

I have no doubt that YOU think you're brilliant but the rest of us know better.

I just know how Fusker fans are and that has been proven here time and time again.:wink2:

I think with Watson staying on, you'll see a slight but not major regression in the O for NU, and an improvement in the D I suspect the best case for them is 7-5 or 8-4 next year; even with 4 Mangino sized cupcakes.

If they fire Watson and reconfigure the offense it could be a lot worse.

Last edited:

I love how the Nubs are so scared of Texas tech, and so confident they'll beat us, wouldnt the record indicate we better than texas tech?

At this time last year, I'm guessing that if you polled college football fans across the country as to who was the most desireable DC in the nation, Chizik would easily outpoint Pelini.

Does that mean that ISU made a better hire than NU? Maybe. I think the husker faithful were too set on having one of their own (if one year in Lincoln qualifies). One can understand the logic, as every fan base seems to want one of their own coaching. Two years into the Hawkins era, I'm glad that Bohn wasn't that narrow-minded.

I love how the Nubs are so scared of Texas tech, and so confident they'll beat us, wouldnt the record indicate we better than texas tech?

Yeah really, TT only has one of the top 4 scoring performances on the Pink Shirt _efense. :smile2:

Re: I've got a BOner

A man getting this excited about another man, one that he does not know, is down right scary.

Freak.

well we have little choice as there is a severe lack of all buffs Hottie competition.

what I keep reading is about how great his defenses were at LSU.... hey that was with Saban's recruits and some of Miles. No way, currently, does the talent @ *ebraska match what is at LSU on either side of the ball. Plus it is not going to be a loud and proud voice coming from recruits across the country saying lets go play for *ebraska and Bo any time soon....

Re: Is this gonna be a good hire for NU?

and until nib nation realizes this, it will be a 4 year and 'see ya' type of coaching job....

Naw, it's much easier to be filled with delusions of grandeur and click their heels together three times while chanting "There no one like TO"

So how long do they give him until they get pissed and run him out of town? Since Tom "He walks on water" Osborne found him and Bo says all the right things to appease Nebraska fans, does he get extra time?

85 scholarship limit will be the reason NU never returns to the old days. Will Nebraska fans ever be content with 9-3/8-4/7-5 seaons? They better learn to be.

I really don't see why the fans are so excited. He isn't a proven Head Coach. It seems like a gamble just like the last head coach and it may or may not work out.

So how long do they give him until they get pissed and run him out of town? Since Tom "He walks on water" Osborne found him and Bo says all the right things to appease Nebraska fans, does he get extra time?

85 scholarship limit will be the reason NU never returns to the old days. Will Nebraska fans ever be content with 9-3/8-4/7-5 seaons? They better learn to be.

I really don't see why the fans are so excited. He isn't a proven Head Coach. It seems like a gamble just like the last head coach and it may or may not work out.

It took them 6 seasons to run the last TO hand picked guy out of town. I don't see Pelini lasting past 4.

I think it's a solid hire, but nothing spectacular. You can point to the teams he has been a defensive coordinator as a sign that's he a good coach, but many of those teams had a LOT of talent.

I keep hearing NU fans say that there is talent on their defense. I guess I was watching different games than them because I saw a very SLOW team. Bad coaching for sure, but I'm not sure the defensive talent is as great as NU fans want to believe.

I love the delusion. Let it grow. It's like they expect other teams to roll over because NU has won one North title in the last 7-8 years.

I think it's a solid hire, but nothing spectacular. You can point to the teams he has been a defensive coordinator as a sign that's he a good coach, but many of those teams had a LOT of talent.

I keep hearing NU fans say that there is talent on their defense. I guess I was watching different games than them because I saw a very SLOW team. Bad coaching for sure, but I'm not sure the defensive talent is as great as NU fans want to believe.

I agree I think they lost a lot over the past few years on D, offense is in better shape.

they are also saying things like NEXT year kansas, missouri AND colorado are sure wins...they will take their RIGHTFUL place atop the north and "it's Bo in the North and Stoops in the south"

the delusion is sickening. really...WHO do they think they are....? their RIGHTFUL place atop the north. really? REALLY?

ugh...and they wonder why everyone outside of "niblet nation" can't stand them.

not to mention that bo is basically putting together the same staff that was around him in 2003 (minus slowpitch and gill).....the same staff that got blown out in their 3 losses and had people crying for a change...DESPITE what they say now about the old guard.

these people are so annoying....not unlike corn in your crap. :wow:

they are also saying things like NEXT year kansas, missouri AND colorado are sure wins...they will take their RIGHTFUL place atop the north and "it's Bo in the North and Stoops in the south"

the delusion is sickening. really...WHO do they think they are....? their RIGHTFUL place atop the north. really? REALLY?

ugh...and they wonder why everyone outside of "niblet nation" can't stand them.

:wow:

One word: ARROGANCE:spam:

Re: I've got a BOner

Bo Can only help after the chaos of Pederson and Callahan. How much can he help is to be determined. I can see a slight rise in the Huskers long term fortunes but will that be enough to satisfy there delusional "over all" fan base? Bet the farm it will not and as a result of living in the past there future will continue to be a failure.

I think it's a solid hire, but nothing spectacular. You can point to the teams he has been a defensive coordinator as a sign that's he a good coach, but many of those teams had a LOT of talent. .
IMO the only way he becomes a solid hire is long term. he has a lot of learning to do and I truly believe that Bo is viewing this as an opportunity, already calling TO a mentor. I believe this because A) Bo came to NU with out a contract. In this day and age have you heard of that?... not very often, I assure you. B) Bo does not have an agent, he and TO talked directly, man to man.... very old school to say the least. The more details I am reading about point to a different character in Bo, one that I really underestimated during the process. Granted this is all warm and fuzzy but I now believe he is a good fit for NU's culture and reading a ton between the lines TO is making this a long term process to teach Bo all he will need to know. I dont know if the words "unique" or "unusual" even fit here to say the least.... "unheard of" might fit.

There is talent on D but very young, LB core is so thin you can read a newspaper through it and they lose all starters (which is not a big loss). Expect a speed D that will use D backs as LB's, names like Mirrillo, Culbert, Thenarse IMO will be moved to LB's and the scheme will be a total revamp (McBride esque in style). D line will be better next year as all return, depth will be an issue. D backs have names like Blue, Asante, Wilson, Washinton.... all unknown at this point, highly touted but untested. It will be very interesting and IF Bo is the coach they say he is and showed his last stint at NU the D could be a pleasant surprise, injuries could be the x factor due to the thin depth. A weak OOC and a easier draw in the B12S helps the situation. The B12N will be the true test (and that sounds so farking good to say as a B8 fan!!) Every team looks to be headed in the right direction (save ksu) and the B12N could be the beast of the nation next year.

expect better effort on both sides of the ball and IMO thats what the fans will expect out of next year, no titles, and if lucky a bowl.

anyways, it was probably more than you were looking for as an answer but it is my take FWIW (and thats not much).

Last edited:
Tom Osborne got his "yes" man in BO

Tom and his puppet.....

"Bo,you will hire this guy"
"Bo you will run this play"
"Bo,you will get my coffee"
"Bo,you will play this kid"

Little Miss muffet
has found her puppet.:lol:

Re: Tom Osborne got his "yes" man in BO

I always think it's a bad idea not to let your head coach hire his assistants. If you're going to give a guy the head coaching job, you should be able to trust him to make good assistant hires. Otherwise, why the hell did you hire him in the first place if you don't fully trust him?

How many downs did you play against the Buffs in the 90's, Big Red?

Back