What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All upcoming practices closed

good thing they are going to fill folsom up with cardboard pictures of fans for the spring game since they seem to want to piss off the real ones so badly. :lol:

ok, i am kidding... well, sorta...

Rep to the first person to post a video from a CU spring practice. :smile2:

If CU is going to put fans under survellience from Gamow Tower, then turn around is fair play, no?

Deal with it folks. If Hawk says they need some space and privacy, consider it to be in the best interests of the program. The AD has done a great job of providing daily updates, so those will have to do until the scrimmages and the Spring Game.

Also, this decision won't hurt Spring Game attendance, will it? No. We can break that (and the scrimmages) down exhaustively and still get our fix.

He probably does not like the private situations of teenagers to be dissected and analyzed, so he's protecting his kids. I'm fine with it.

Last edited:
Deal with it folks. If Hawk says they need some space and privacy, consider it to be in the best interests of the program. The AD has done a great job of providing daily updates, so those will have to do until the scrimmages and the Spring Game.

Also, this decision won't hurt Spring Game attendance, will it? No. We can break that (and the scrimmages) down exhaustively and still get our fix.

He probably does not like the private situations of teenagers to be dissected and analyzed, so he's protecting his kids. I'm fine with it.
If this is his problem, then he's in the wrong business.

Closing practices happens all over the country.

But I think it is pretty chicken sh!t to have practices open and then claim that "too much information" is getting out on the internet and close them.

Give me a f*cking break.

Maybe this was to keep John Henderson out. But they had to blame it on the fans to protect freedom of the press. :lol:

Well, I'll admit I didn't read pages 4-9, so maybe I missed it, but has anyone said "IT'S DIVISION I FOOTBALL! IT'S THE BIG 12!" and posted an angry looking Hawk yet?

For a guy who gets all amped up, he is certainly showing his soft side right about now. Not that he wouldn't kick my ass all ferociously. I am NOT an internet tough guy, btw, just an observer.

It was stated that the scrimmage next week would be based upon if more information is "spilled" out. I would assume, we wouldnt be allowed to discuss the scrimmage this weekend or he will close off next weeks.

Maybe that is the same for the Spring Game. I am trying to find the piece from the story that says that, but there are so many stories that I cant find it right now

12 pages of whining...way to go allbuffers :thumbsup:

Bottom line is Coach Hawk is the boss and he can do whatever he damn well pleases as long as they get those 10 wins he's talking about

Bottom line is Coach Hawk is the boss and he can do whatever he damn well pleases as long as they get those 10 wins he's talking about
it's the blame game they are playing. its a bunch of BS. Why attack the most loyal fans?

Agreed...great post. It is all about winning. Hawk is putting all (or most...) of his chips on this season. If it means that some of you guys cannot attend practice, who cares?

It is all about the wins, baby!

from b.g brooks

Coach Dan Hawkins and his staff were known to be unhappy over full practice reports being posted on the Internet, as well as video footage of practices taken on cell phones being posted last year. Hawkins said if that occurred after Saturday’s scrimmage, the session on the 17th would be closed.

from b.g brooks

Coach Dan Hawkins and his staff were known to be unhappy over full practice reports being posted on the Internet, as well as video footage of practices taken on cell phones being posted last year. Hawkins said if that occurred after Saturday’s scrimmage, the session on the 17th would be closed.
good

from b.g brooks

B.S. Ringo does that all the ****ing time, only since AB know more about football and care about more than some ****ing storyline they just do a better job.

If Ringo's and others updates change drastically, I will forgive hawk for this one... However, I bet they don't. Simply BS

B.S. Ringo does that all the ****ing time, only since AB know more about football and care about more than some ****ing storyline they just do a better job.

If Ringo's and others updates change drastically, I will forgive hawk for this one... However, I bet they don't. Simply BS
Ringo does suck...no question. But, most of you are over-reacting....

it's the blame game they are playing. its a bunch of BS. Why attack the most loyal fans?

I am not offended by this 1 bit, nor do I see this as a slap in the face to me for posting about the Buffs here....them closing practice doesn't say they don't appreciate me as a fan at all...it says that there was probably 1 Idot out there who took it upon himself to break the rules, take some video or say something that pissed off the Head coach and that's that

I am not offended by this 1 bit, nor do I see this as a slap in the face to me for posting about the Buffs here....them closing practice doesn't say they don't appreciate me as a fan at all...it says that there was probably 1 Idot out there who took it upon himself to break the rules, take some video or say something that pissed off the Head coach and that's that

i agree but valdez's point was dead on don't do it in the middle do it at the start

He addressed this after practice with the media. He said that they were just following the lead of the blogs and threads with detailed practice information.

They will no longer be allowed to do that. So no, you won't be reading any detailed practice reports from Adam, Ringo or anyone.

Bottom line. We are now doing what almost EVERYONE else does. Close practices. Its todays CFB climate. I don't care if we don't think our posts make a difference. Don't care if its just a smoke screen. Whatever..... there are worse things.

Am 100% someone will post a detailed account of Sat's scrimmage...so we will just have the spring games going forward. Oh well.

Last edited:
I find it very hard to believe they are scared of internet message boards giving practice details. Our practices are probably no different than any other schools spring practices. Most of the drills conducted in practice were basic footwork drills.

7on7's and 11on11's were your basic vanilla plays.

BS move by the ADept to call out the fans.

Back