What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All you ski haters.......

Ski mentions it as sort of an off hand comment in an interview - I think with ESPN. he said something like "My shoulder hurts now but I'll be fine tomorrow dont worry"
I'm actually surprised that "Kendry Morales" injuries aren't more frequent in sports. Word to the wise, "celebrate responsibly."

I miss Ski's hair but I think he might be growing it back out. Maybe it was a Sampson type thing.

Watched the 1st half this morning, Ski reminds me of John Starks.

He's not as much of a head case as Starks, but I see the comparison.

Starks was the epitome of a "You can lose with him, but you can't win without him" type player. As a lifelong Knicks fan, I want to wring his neck for the Indiana conference final and the Houston final. But I also know the Knicks wouldn't have gotten to those series without Starks.

He's not as much of a head case as Starks, but I see the comparison.

Starks was the epitome of a "You can lose with him, but you can't win without him" type player. As a lifelong Knicks fan, I want to wring his neck for the Indiana conference final and the Houston final. But I also know the Knicks wouldn't have gotten to those series without Starks.

Agreed on starks... but I still love his dunk over Grant, Pippen and MJ in the Eastern Conference Finals....

27 points

On 50% shooting (10/12 from the line) to go along with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 0 turnovers.

Ski might play as well as this again, but it's pretty much impossible for him to play better than that. Pretty much a perfect game from a SG.

On 50% shooting (10/12 from the line) to go along with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 0 turnovers.

Ski might play as well as this again, but it's pretty much impossible for him to play better than that. Pretty much a perfect game from a SG.

2 of his missed shots were taken late in the clock where he just had to get something up before the clock expired. It's still a miss, but it's better than getting a shot clock violation.

Ski being Ski... Love the guy and his leadership. The guy can ball

JG kept pointing out during the game how good Ski was at politics. He'd get whistled for a foul and go up to the ref and say "good call" or something along those lines. Talk to the ref for a minute too. Kid is smooth.

JG kept pointing out during the game how good Ski was at politics. He'd get whistled for a foul and go up to the ref and say "good call" or something along those lines. Talk to the ref for a minute too. Kid is smooth.

This seems to be a real team focus. Guys walk over to say hello to the refs as they are introduced as starters, rarely do any players react to calls. I think once early this year I saw one of the freshmen show a 'are you kidding me' type reaction to a ref after a call. Tad looked to have nipped that early.
One of the first things that struck me with Tad when he arrived. He applies strategy to the ref angle of the game as well. Watch him if he ever gets really hot with a ref, he will crouch next to the scorers table while he talks to the ref - keeps from allowing any potential for a T. The whole team is buying in, and despite the general level of officiating - it does pay off over time.

When he addresses the students about cheering and rushing the court etc I think he is calculating as well - he want the images the national media has to work with to all project positive, be it a potential recruit or national selection committee member that is seeing them.

This seems to be a real team focus. Guys walk over to say hello to the refs as they are introduced as starters, rarely do any players react to calls. I think once early this year I saw one of the freshmen show a 'are you kidding me' type reaction to a ref after a call. Tad looked to have nipped that early.
One of the first things that struck me with Tad when he arrived. He applies strategy to the ref angle of the game as well. Watch him if he ever gets really hot with a ref, he will crouch next to the scorers table while he talks to the ref - keeps from allowing any potential for a T. The whole team is buying in, and despite the general level of officiating - it does pay off over time.

When he addresses the students about cheering and rushing the court etc I think he is calculating as well - he want the images the national media has to work with to all project positive, be it a potential recruit or national selection committee member that is seeing them.

Solid points and really agree. XJ does a great job of talking to the refs after he gets whistled. Dinwiddie used to be terrible last season and even early this season with throwing up his hands begging for a foul, we don't see nearly as much of that lately.

Solid points and really agree. XJ does a great job of talking to the refs after he gets whistled. Dinwiddie used to be terrible last season and even early this season with throwing up his hands begging for a foul, we don't see nearly as much of that lately.

Mayor seems to be paying for that in Pac-12 play so far. Carryover from last year. I have a suspicion that every coach in the conference makes it a point to tell the refs before the game that Mayor's going to try to show up the officials and draw bogus calls. It's the only way I can explain why he isn't getting star treatment both with the fouls called on him and some of the uncalled fouls opponents get away with on him. XJ also doesn't get treated well by the refs.

It's weird, because the Buffs nearly always have a FT advantage. But the officials still swallow their whistles a lot when we play, allowing a lot of contact. I guess they almost have to. Scott would either score or draw a foul pretty much ever time he touches the ball if the refs decided to call things tight. Same with Spencer every time he took the ball to the rim.

There was a small reaction from dinwiddie for the one he should have gotten in the 2nd where he ended up on the floor. I caught it on the video replay but he immediately changed his facial expression then laid on the floor for a second smiling before he got up.

Ski's ORtg is up to 106.1 today. Every Buff except for King & Thomas now have ORtg's over 100.

Am I wrong to think Ski might be playing himself into an NBA pick after next year? He's really been fantastic lately. I don't know how his game translates to the NBA level because I can't tell you the last time I actually watched an NBA game.

Ski will play professionally, but in Europe. He may be playing his way into a pretty big contract in a top Int'l league.

Ski will play professionally, but in Europe. He may be playing his way into a pretty big contract in a top Int'l league.

Mrs sacky and I were having this conversation in the car ride home last night. I said the same thing: "Probably Europe". Here's the thing, though - he's held his own and in many ways outplayed a lot of guys who are supposedly sure fire NBA first rounders. That's my biased opinion, mind you. I started to think "Why not?" There's no denying the guy has been clutch this year. Does his game simply not translate at the next level?

Mrs sacky and I were having this conversation in the car ride home last night. I said the same thing: "Probably Europe". Here's the thing, though - he's held his own and in many ways outplayed a lot of guys who are supposedly sure fire NBA first rounders. That's my biased opinion, mind you. I started to think "Why not?" There's no denying the guy has been clutch this year. Does his game simply not translate at the next level?

He'd be a skinny 6'1" SG in a league where guards are built like Alec or XJ.

He'd be a skinny 6'1" SG in a league where guards are built like Alec or XJ.

He's 6'2". :lol:

I get it, and I basically agree. Still, there could be a team out there that is willing to take a chance with a 2nd round pick on a kid who hustles and makes things happen, right? It's not like he'd be starting anywhere. Could be a great off-the-bench type player. Or maybe I'm just overselling his abilities. The more players we put in the league, the better.

Back