What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Allbuffers... What Region do you Live in (response to Pac-10 Expansion talk)

Where do you Live?

• Colorado

Votes: 83 50.9%
  • Big XII Country (Minus Colorado)

Votes: 21 12.9%
  • West Coast/Pac 10 Country

Votes: 32 19.6%
  • Big X Country

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • East Coast

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • SEC Country

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Just thought it would be interesting to see where CU fans lived as a way to flesh out the "alumni reconnection" discussion.

Colorado. But since college, I have also lived in Texas, Arizona, California and Nevada. Of those, I liked Texas (Houston) the least. And despite having familiarity with Texas as well as family in Kansas and Iowa, you'd have to offer me an exorbitant salary to get me to even consider pulling a 2- or 3- year stint anywhere in Big 12 country.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone. I don't think there's anything wrong with those places and I generally like the people I meet from them. Just not a good fit at all for me.

it's a good question to ask. born and raised in CO. went to HS in Norman, OK (mom remarried and relocated--which was good for her. can't F with mom's being happy as a son) and college at Vanderbilt for 2 years. transferred and graduated from CC. always a Buff like my dad brought me up (first game at Folsom at age 5, win over OU in 76--Tony Reed!)...just wanted something different before i came home. 2 grad degrees from CU. choosing CU over USC for the PhD.

have worked at CU (or U of Denver) since 01.

have lived in Boston and San Francisco as well.

Last edited:
Snow - I like it - it is the right question. I am born and raised in CO, did not attend CU but live here currently and forever loyal.

I have been looking for data about where alumni live and accepted students are from. About a year ago, the Buff Club published a map with numbers by state that I cannot find but I know the majority of out of state was on the west coast. That might not mean much but I know for a fact that about 60% of Buff Club members are NOT alumni. Just by looking at CU alumni associations, there are more in California than all of Big 12 country.

IMO - If the Pac 10/12 could come close to matching Big XII conference money, it is the best move for CU.

Where is the middle of nowhere option?

I guess I'll go with Big X. We do have the Big X network up here, so...

Colorado born and raised, attended CU for undergrad and grad school, relocated to Houston for work.

I don't know how much more time I can bear to spend in the land of Horns and Aggies. UT fans have been unbearable for the entire time I've been here (they've been successful at most sports since I arrived), and aTm fans are just too dumb to realize they suck.

Born in Colorado and always lived in Colorado.

ko & Jens, I added a category for you.

Texas...for now

Chronological progression of states I've lived in after 17 moves....Virginia (born), Colorado, Oklahoma, Colorado, Idaho (parents live there now,) Texas (grad HS,) CU, Florida (1st Navy duty station,) New York, Connecticut, Washington (Seattle,) Colorado Spgs., Connecticut, Seattle (again,) Hawaii, and now Austin, TX (and will probably have to suck up a DC or Norfolk tour for the next duty station.)

But the constant that remains....I will be ALWAYS AND FOREVER LOYAL TO THE BLACK/SILVER AND GOLD no matter where I live. (even if I get stuck in the hell hole of Guam at some point)

Born in Greely, raised their until I was 4. "As an Air Force Brat" Moved back home when I was 17. Lived in Wyoming, Montana, N. Dakota, & Eastern Washington while I was away. Did all my undergrad & graduate work at CU.

Born & raised in Big 8 Country (Iowa & Kansas). Parents finally wised up & moved us to Colorado - all 3 kids attended CU (bro & I undergrad, sis was a grad school Buff). Moved to Seattle after graduation & am now back in Colorado. Went to a UW v. UCLA game with my CU sweatshirt on because our coach was a Bruin. Oh, the f'ing irony of it now.

After 20 years in colorado, now in Pac 10 country, washington state. I can drive 3-6 hours and catch the huskies, cougars, ducks and beavers.

So-Cal baby. Home to the greatest HSFB in the world. Went to grad school in SF. I have lived in Oregon (1 year), Montana (summers only) and France (10 months) aside from the 5-6 years I went to CU. :smile2:

Born in Ohio. Parents and I moved to Colorado when I was 5 years old. THANK GOD!

Last edited:
I grew up in massilon,ohio. Football is king, hell, they have a fukll-size, indoor facility. Hate ohio.

Born in Dayton. Go back to see family every now and then. Don't hate Ohio, but sure glad my parents moved out.

I put West Coast. Brussels is temporary, I grew up in Oregon and now consider San Diego home.

Back