What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AllBuffs radio round table - with Peter Burns tomorrow morning @ 8.20 am

1. It's been said on Allbuffs repeatedly, but bears mentioning for this production: Embree was not fired for failing to turn CU Football around. I believe he really did have five years to make that happen. He was fired because he demonstrated that he would not be the guy who could turn it around.

2. Circumstances are different in the Embree and Hawkins firings. For instance, Hawkins demonstrated progress in his second year--enough that the fanbase was reasonably excited for his extension. But also, the University more financially stable now, permitting more options. It's unfair to compare the two situations.

3. I believe that historically our President and Chancellor have viewed our program as a public relations liability, and prioritized it accordingly. But only recently--as the CU brand was downgraded to the status of a national laughingstock--has our administration begun to understand the impact of a bad football program as well. With this new-found perspective (my opinion) and improving financial resources (both in the athletic department, and the broader university), our leadership can finally afford to prioritize football. We'll see how they do with this hire, and with a facilities announcement.

Discuss: was CUs firing of Embree, finally a sign of a reborn determination to big boy football at cu?

Discuss: was CUs firing of Embree, finally a sign of a reborn determination to big boy football at cu?

I believe it is the first step in what will be a long journey, yes. My concern is that we will get tired before we reach our destination and give up.

Whoever calls in better represent!!! I expect to hear good things about your showing!

Listening online. Good Luck

PB - Let's hear some discussion surrounding the items the AD needs to put in place to make this a success and do people think that they are showing the right signs of committment

I'm at work and can't call in right now - but I expect a few of you fools to represent us well

Kizla needs to realize we're all donors in whatever capacity we're able. The word is that CU received over $500k in donations over the last 3 days, plus and additional $500k from 2 other donors.

When did we play Walla Walla? Is the P12 really tougher than the B12 was? Not so sure about that...

Back