What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Allbuffs Season Prediction Thread (Prepare to be mocked later)

Bowl Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"best" and "most valuable" are different things, though. Nelson is a better player. Nembot, too.
True. But the given question has an alternative criteria: "Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference).
Lots of guys left last year. If Sefo takes a step forward, he will be in that battle for sure.

True. But the given question has an alternative criteria: "Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference).
Lots of guys left last year. If Sefo takes a step forward, he will be in that battle for sure.

I'm not sure that anything above 3rd Team Pac-12 is on the table for any QB not named Kessler or Goff.

Season record: 8-6
Best chance for an upset: Arizona
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Sefo Liufau
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Tedric Thompson
Breakout player: Shay Fields
Most disappointing player: One of the kickers probably, but fingers crossed I'm very wrong.
Bold prediction: Buffs receive a bid and win the New Mexico Bowl

Anybody out here predicting a bowl loss? All the 14 game records I've seen either specify a bowl win or don't mention the outcome of the bowl game.

Anybody out here predicting a bowl loss? All the 14 game records I've seen either specify a bowl win or don't mention the outcome of the bowl game.

Probably not. My thinking of "bowl win" if we get there is that being around the 8th bid out of the Pac-12 puts the Buffs against a very mediocre team from a conference that the Buffs would have finished much higher in.

5-8
USC is due for us to upset them
Offensive Player - Irwin becomes a monster on the OL
Defensive Player - (Left field) McCartney gets 10+ sacks or TFL
Breakout player - Fields, Coverage on Spruce is going to leave him one on one, he will get some big gains for us
Disappointing player - Powell is an injury waiting to happen
Bold prediction - One of the backs steps up and we have a 1,000 yard back who takes the pressure off Sefo.

Season record: 8-6 I think the defense will surprise everybody and be much better than anticipated.
Best chance for an upset: ASU
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Stephan Nembot
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Derrick McCartney
Breakout player: Tossup between Jaleel Awini and Dylan Keeney
Most disappointing player: I have no thoughts on this.
Bold prediction: Buffs end recruiting on a high note landing a couple of serious blue chippers based on team improvement and new digs.

man, I can't believe no one is putting sefo as the best offensive player...

You could have a point.

Give him a little better protection and take some pressure off him by being able to run the ball and the offense gets better. Give him a defense that is good enough that he doesn't feel like he is in an arena football game needing a TD on every possession and he can force a lot less.

Sefo with a few less INTs is a consideration for an NFL draft pick. He could blow up and be a major star for us.

This thread will be bumped, so there is no running away from these predictions.;)

Season record: 5-8
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Nelson Spruce
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Kenneth Crawley
Breakout player: Bryce Bobo
Most disappointing player: Michael Adkins
Bold prediction: Kenneth Crawley works himself into a second day draft pick in large part due to a big-time senior season.

And go...

There are some crazy predictions in this thread. Certainly enough of them to support a "WTF?" rating.

Season record: 4-9
Best chance for an upset: This is the source of the craziest responses. A single win in the P-12 would be an upset by CU. The key word in this prediction is "chance". CU has a best "chance" to upset WSU. It would be the best upset to beat USC or Oregon, but not the best "chance".
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Spruce of course
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Nobody
Breakout player: Christian Powell
Most disappointing player: Olugbode for the second season in a row
Bold prediction: Mike MacIntyre will not be fired and coach the team in 2016

Season record: 9-5 Lose to (ugh) Miami in the Sun Bowl
Best chance for an upset: CU takes out Arizona and USC.
Best O player: Sefo. Second team All Pac12
Best D player: AG. Second team All Pac12
Breakout player: O: Phillip Lindsay. Kid blows up and becomes an every down back with attitude. D: Samson Kafovalu. Freshman AA.
Most Dissappointing: No idea.
Bold prediction: Coach Mac wins Coach of the Year award.

Not so bold prediction. I will be mocked without mercy come December.

Season record: 8-6
Best chance for an upset: Stanford
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Nelson Spruce
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Thompson
Breakout player: Carr
Most disappointing player: Powell
Bold prediction: The upset win is a national attention getter Buffs hang 50 on the Cardinal

Season record: 6-7
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Alex Kelley
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Chidobe Awuzie
Breakout player: Ahkello W.
Most disappointing player: DeSean Rippy
Bold prediction: Tight End combination of Irwin and Keeney are very effective as a combo

Season record: 7-6
Best chance for an upset: USC
Best offensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Stephane Nembot
Best defensive player (or player most likely to be all-conference): Deaysean Rippy
Breakout player: Deaysean Rippy
Most disappointing player: KO
Bold prediction: Nembot works himself into a first round pick.

Season record: 9-5 Lose to (ugh) Miami in the Sun Bowl
Best chance for an upset: CU takes out Arizona and USC.
Best O player: Sefo. Second team All Pac12
Best D player: AG. Second team All Pac12
Breakout player: O: Phillip Lindsay. Kid blows up and becomes an every down back with attitude. D: Samson Kafovalu. Freshman AA.
Most Dissappointing: No idea.
Bold prediction: Coach Mac wins Coach of the Year award.

Not so bold prediction. I will be mocked without mercy come December.
I don't think I can wait that long.

7-6.
Upset: Oregon
Offense player: Fields
Defense player: Crawley
Breakout: Frazier
Disappointing player:Adkins
Bold Prediction: We start 5-0

Back