1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AllBuffs Season Preview - The Washington State Cougars

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Goose, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Washington State

[​IMG]

Projected Starters

Ike Iroegbu - Combo guard who may be forced to run point if the frosh aren't ready.
    Que Johnson - Sophomore who struggled with injuries last year and still was 3rd on team in scoring.
    DaVonte Lacy - Potential All-Pac-12 player who may lead the conference in scoring.
    Junior Longrus - A solid defender who can do everything but score.
    Jordan Railey - The 7 foot senior will be expected to improve upon his 3 ppg & 2.5 rpg.

If the Cougars end up in a half court slow down, it's going to be ugly. They have some great wings on the roster, but a lot of questions at the point guard and center positions. Ernie Kent wants his team to run, run and run some more. If they can get any production from the 1 & 5 positions, they may surprise a few people this year. Personally I loved the hire of Kent for the Cougars because it got him off of my TV. I have my questions about him (despite the fact he turned Oregon around previously), but you have to give Wazzu credit for going for the brave hire.

2. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed. Not sure how high the ceiling is or how long they can sustain their "peak", whenever and whatever that may be. Dude isn't Tony Bennett.