What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

allbuffs season tickets?

three... we need three more commitments... ah ha ha!

sesame_street_count_dracula.jpg

EDIT: i will bet we can count on fc. he has just been sporadic owing to a hell week at work.

i will bet we can count on fc. he has just been sporadic owing to a hell week at work.

I suspect you're correct. In fact, I'm kind of hoping that he and I could work on this together. That is, of course, after I soak his continental sized head with natty lite. :lol:

I suspect you're correct. In fact, I'm kind of hoping that he and I could work on this together. That is, of course, after I soak his continental sized head with natty lite. :lol:

i offer his services as a volunteer. if he is not 100% helpful, let him know i have a ski boot and i am not afraid to assault him. :smile2:

OK, here's my crazy idea...

We, as a group, buy a pair of season tickets in the South Horseshoe. No annual donation required, just two tickets. The total cost per year would be $470.00 I'll throw in the first $25.

Then, if any allbuffs poster wants them for any game, the seats are available on a first come-first served basis. If nobody claims them, we sell the tickets and put the funds into an account to offset the cost of the tickets next year.

Any registered allbuffs poster can claim them, but preference would probably be given to out-of-state members. Let's face it, most of us already have our season tickets anyway.

I view this as a way for us, as a community, to support CU athletics and provide a service for our members.

What say you?

Donors thus far:
Sacky
LB/UBT household
Beltway
Wispy
The Colonel
Philly
NYBuffDieHard
SJ Buff
NWD
FIB
Buffwoman
Buff Brad
Chippy
Scotch
JLang

sounds like a very cool idea sacky...put me on the list!

you have my info...

...oh...and i better not see any ****ing natty **** at any of your gaters this year...

:smile2:

One more and we're there...

who's it going to be? The suspense is killing me...

**** it, count me in

(should be gateway with her 800K) :smile2:

HOOOORRAY!!!!! We did it!!!

Now the tough part. We need to come to a decision as to how the tickets are to be disbursed. We need to come to some kind of consensus on the following:

1) Who gets the tickets?
2) How do they get the tickets?
3) Will there be any charge for the tickets?

After reading through some of the responses, let me pose the following for discussion:

We'll need a football sub-forum, like the tailgate forum, dedicated to people wanting tickets. There will be a separate thread for each game. Anybody can request the tickets in the appropriate forum. We, as a group, can decide to donate tickets for certain games, like maybe the Miami,OH game, to the Boys Club. Two weeks prior to each game, we'll have a drawing to decide who gets the tickets. The tickets will be delivered at the tailgate. If nobody shows up for the tickets, I sell them on the way into the stadium.

OK, now feel free to tear that apart as you see fit. :smile:

Once again, thanks for everybody who is doing this. I'm really excited about this. I think it will be fun. obw - the tickets will be in the name of allbuffs.com. Once we take care of these little housekeeping issues, I'll have everybody send me a check payable to the University of Colorado Athletic Department and I'll take care of getting the tickets.

Now the tough part. We need to come to a decision as to how the tickets are to be disbursed. We need to come to some kind of consensus on the following:

just an idea: maybe we can award the tix occasionally to the winner of the prediction thread. that way, junk can get his ass to a game, even if we have to send the ski boot brigade to kidnap him.

i do think that people (out of state) might need more than 2 weeks notice that they have secured tickets. very shortly we will be playing for national championships, right? :smile2: we might want to keep in mind that if someone is making a trip out of state, they are going to make sure they have tickets in hand instead of getting raped at the gate, holding out hope for ab tix.

i really like the idea of the ticket users in general picking up the tix at sackygate.

are these amenable ideas to everyone?

just an idea: maybe we can award the tix occasionally to the winner of the prediction thread. that way, junk can get his ass to a game, even if we have to send the ski boot brigade to kidnap him.

Does this mean somebody thinks I am finally going to win a prediction thread??? :wow: I will be there for FSU. No need for a gang of ski booted thugs to come drag my ass, either. Although I would have no objection - if they were hot... :smile2:

I think you have a great point about giving out of staters enough warning to get to a game. Maybe what we should do is have a pre-season sign up thread for each game. Let everybody express interest in which games they would like the tickets for, possibly with a limit on the number of games each person can go after - so that we all don't just sign up for every game. From there, we could do a drawing between the people who sign up for each game??

1) Who gets the tickets?
2) How do they get the tickets?

After reading through some of the responses, let me pose the following for discussion:

We'll need a football sub-forum, like the tailgate forum, dedicated to people wanting tickets. There will be a separate thread for each game. Anybody can request the tickets in the appropriate forum. We, as a group, can decide to donate tickets for certain games, like maybe the Miami,OH game, to the Boys Club. Two weeks prior to each game, we'll have a drawing to decide who gets the tickets. The tickets will be delivered at the tailgate. If nobody shows up for the tickets, I sell them on the way into the stadium.

OK, now feel free to tear that apart as you see fit. :smile:

Once again, thanks for everybody who is doing this. I'm really excited about this. I think it will be fun. obw - the tickets will be in the name of allbuffs.com. Once we take care of these little housekeeping issues, I'll have everybody send me a check payable to the University of Colorado Athletic Department and I'll take care of getting the tickets.

We can put the tickets in the Tailgate forum. I can sticky what ever thread needs to be stickied and we can have individual threads regarding the tickets for each game. No problem.:thumbsup:

I do have to apologize for not participating in the donation part of this. I'm truly watching every penny right now, and while $25 is really nothing, it just was not going to work out this year:sad1:.

Yeah, the two week thing is probably too short of a timeframe. The problem is that there are some people who don't make plans very far in advance, and others who plan everything two years ahead. I want to make sure that both are able to claim the tickets. :confused:

How about this: Two drawings per season. One in the first week in August. The other in late September? You can put your name in for any game you want to in the August drawing, but this will allow folks who are procrastinators to put their name in the late September drawing for the remaining games as well.

Any other thoughts about taking one game and giving it to Boys club or Alternatives for Youth?

Sorry for getting involved again although it really is none of my business ... :)

1) Who gets the tickets?

Have the people who paid for the tickets decide. It´s your money, so I guess you should have a say in who gets them. If you start a sub-forum open a poll for every game and only give those who contributed posting rights in that forum.

A crate of beer for Sackygate should be mandatory.

Out of staters are qualified for the tickets; if there are more than one set of out of stares, whoever has never had the tickets from us gets them, if that is more than one pair of out fo staters, then we take whoever had the lowest last four digits of their licence number, or whoever came the futherest, something like that. Tickets have to be picked up at Sackygate.

Now for the "Do we sell the tickets or give them to boys and girls club?"

I think we sell them and use the proceeds to reduce the costs of next years tickets. I think that they should be bought by the OOS people, or maybe after the first free tickets, then they buy them. Don't think the Big Brothers and like clubs thing would work, because we would have to close off the game ticket chances pretty early, like Wednesday for them to schedule he trip to the game. Selling will give us money to reduce the costs of next years tickets, and if this is very successful, then maybe in a year or two---4 tickets together!

Just my thoughts on it.

Here's the biggest problem with selling them - I have to set up an account to hold the money. While that's not a really big deal, it's kind of a pain in the ass. I'd also have to set it up so that two signatures were necessary to withdraw funds from the account in order to avoid any kind of potential liability.

I'd prefer to keep it simple and not sell the tickets unless nobody claims them. In that case, the money would go towards future tailgates. I know I said earlier that the money would go to defray the costs for the following year, but the more I think about it, the more that seems like a collossal pain in the ass.

However, if it is the will of the majority, I'll set up the account and we'll charge a fee of 50% of the face value of the tickets.

Out of staters are qualified for the tickets;

Sorry, gotta call :bs:eek:n this one. There are quite a few in-staters, and even a couple metro area folks who don't have season tickets. Maybe we could give some preference to out of staters, and we probably don't want it to turn into an alternative for locals who just don't want to buy season tickets. But I don't agree with the idea of limiting them to out of staters only... :huh:

Here's the biggest problem with selling them - I have to set up an account to hold the money. While that's not a really big deal, it's kind of a pain in the ass. I'd also have to set it up so that two signatures were necessary to withdraw funds from the account in order to avoid any kind of potential liability.

I'd prefer to keep it simple and not sell the tickets unless nobody claims them. In that case, the money would go towards future tailgates. I know I said earlier that the money would go to defray the costs for the following year, but the more I think about it, the more that seems like a collossal pain in the ass.

However, if it is the will of the majority, I'll set up the account and we'll charge a fee of 50% of the face value of the tickets.

I think you're right about the PITA factor of charging for them. And I'd hate to see this become a big problem for you to administer. Personally, I think $25 to give the AD another set of season tix sold, and maybe occasional access to some tickets, is a small price to pay, even if I pay it in a few seasons I don't see a ticket. I think most people will probably agree.

My suggestion is that if you have to sell tickets because somebody no shows, the $$ gets used to buy beer for a future Sackygate or other Allbuffs tailgate. Good beer, not Natty Light to be flung at FC's massive melon - I'm sure we can get plenty of donors for that... :thumbsup:

i am loving the dialogue. i think we will definitely hit a consensus after chewing some issues over.

1. junk, if i am sending a ski boot brigade after you, i am nice enough to make sure that they are clad in bikinis. sheesh. i count you a friend. :smile:

2. hf, thanks for the offer of the sticky in the gater forum. i think we may have a home!

3. i REALLY like the idea of keeping an open mind to in state buffs, in varying situations. particularly as we grow as a site.

4. i think a ticket donation fee could be a good idea to help raise funds for next year, for those that use the tickets. could we choose to "sponsor" some allbuffers, if we wish? for example, say i wish to sponsor lammiefusker sitting his ass in the stands or a non husker game, wearing black and gold? i would pay for that. and i know his wife would love it! :smile2:

1. junk, if i am sending a ski boot brigade after you, i am nice enough to make sure that they are clad in bikinis. sheesh. i count you a friend. :smile:

Nice. If a group of bikini clad supermodels in ski boots appear in GJ during Buffs season, I shall assume they are looking for me... :thumbsup:

The ticket donation fee is also not a bad idea. But assuming we have enough interest in the season tix among buff fans and donors to this little campaign to use up the season tix, should we perhaps consider doing the ticket donation as a separate deal once or twice a year, a la the infamous lunchboxes? If we got 10-15 people involved in getting a couple single game tix for a buff supporter (known or, like LF, in the closet :smile2:), it would only be a few bucks a piece. But that's another discussion for another time. I also like Sacky's idea of donating one games tickets to Boys and Girls Club or some other worthy charity.

Sorry, gotta call :bs:eek:n this one. There are quite a few in-staters, and even a couple metro area folks who don't have season tickets. Maybe we could give some preference to out of staters, and we probably don't want it to turn into an alternative for locals who just don't want to buy season tickets. But I don't agree with the idea of limiting them to out of staters only... :huh:

I think Grand Junction qualifies as out-of-state. ****, you're basically in Utah anyway. :lol:

I don't think we need to really limit it to out-of-state people. Most of us from around here already have our tickets, so it's not a big deal. However, I do think we should limit the tickets to once a year per person unless there's a game that nobody wants.

I think Grand Junction qualifies as out-of-state. ****, you're basically in Utah anyway. :lol:

:finger2::finger:

SACKY said:
However, I do think we should limit the tickets to once a year per person unless there's a game that nobody wants.

Agreed.

Do we need to agree on a punishment in advance if somebody scores *ebraska tickets and decides to sell them to some red clad ****?? I think we start with ski boots and go from there... :sad2:

That was addressed in one of the very early posts. No red, anywhere, anytime. I don't think that any of the posters here would ever pull a stunt like that. Well, except for LF, but he won't be getting anywhere near the NU or the CSU tickets.

Are we OK with doing two drawings per year? Does that meet the fairness test?

If so, as it sits right now:

Tickets will be in the name of allbuffs.com. They will be available to any registered poster. There will be two drawings per year, one in early August, one in late September, to determine who gets the tickets. The tickets will be free of charge to the recipient, but he/she is encouraged to bring something to eat or drink to the tailgate. Only one set of tickets per poster per year. The tickets will be claimed at the tailgate unless otherwise specified (like if I'm out of town or something). If no registered poster requests tickets to a specific game, the tickets will be donated to the Boys Club or other similar organization. If the tickets are not claimed at the tailgate, they will be sold for as much as can be obtained with the proceeds going to offset the cost of the next tailgate.

That was addressed in one of the very early posts. No red, anywhere, anytime. I don't think that any of the posters here would ever pull a stunt like that. Well, except for LF, but he won't be getting anywhere near the NU or the CSU tickets.

Tickets will be in the name of allbuffs.com. They will be available to any registered poster. There will be two drawings per year, one in early August, one in late September, to determine who gets the tickets. The tickets will be free of charge to the recipient, but he/she is encouraged to bring something to eat or drink to the tailgate. Only one set of tickets per poster per year. The tickets will be claimed at the tailgate unless otherwise specified (like if I'm out of town or something). If no registered poster requests tickets to a specific game, the tickets will be donated to the Boys Club or other similar organization. If the tickets are not claimed at the tailgate, they will be sold for as much as can be obtained with the proceeds going to offset the cost of the next tailgate.

sounds good to me!

Sounds good to me.

:thumbsup:

:nod:

:thumbsup:

Back