1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allbuffs Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Feb 21, 2008.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

OK, it looks like renewals are coming in any day now, which means we need to get our act together and send in the money for tickets. Last year was great. We got something like 18 different members to send in $25 each to pay for the tickets.

We already have $25 from WFU :woot: so we're off to a good start this year.

Here's the deal for some of the newbs who don't know - Allbuffs.com has a set of season tickets. They're cheap seats in the upper horseshoe, but who cares? Any registered member can apply for the seats. The tickets must be picked up at the tailgate. FC, his gargantuan head, my daughter and I use a very scientific and completely fair method to choose who gets the tickets for each game. We have two drawings a year, one in early August for the early games, the other in late September or early October for the late season games.

I don't remember everybody who contributed last year, but right off the top of my head I remember Buff Brad, FC, Lt Col, Chippy, MS, Junk, LadyBlaise, 66, and a host of others that I simply can't remember - sorry.

This is a call for everybody who is willing to contribute to the cause to do so. If interested, just respond to this thread and I'll send you a PM with information as to where to send the funds.

Thanks in advance. You guys (and gals) are the greatest. Thanks again to WFU for starting us off!!!!

Commitments so far from:
    WFU
    Sackman
    Junk
    FC
    BW526
    96 Buff
    Beltway
    Ruff Buff
    Buff 95
    UBT
    SJ
    LadyBlaise
    JLang
    Dallas Buff
    Carolina Buff
    Scotchy
    Chippy

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

I'm in again.

Just let me know when and where to send off the money.

3. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I'd like to contribute this year.

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

According to some top secret video of the "very scientific and completely fair method" used to select the tickets, it goes something like this:

1. FC and Mrs. Sackman write the names of all the Allbuffers (except Junction) who have applied for the tickets for a given game on small pieces of paper.

2. All the pieces of paper are put in a small bowl.

3. Sacky takes the bowl and throws all the pieces of paper in the air. Miss Sackman dives and catches the bowl while Mrs. Sackman reminds Sacky he's not supposed to throw the damn dish.

4. The pieces of paper bearing the names of the Allbuffers (except Junction) enter orbit within the gravitational field generated by FC's ginormous melon. Sackman holds Miss Sackman up so that she can pluck a piece of paper out of orbit, thus choosing the winner (not Junction).

5. The entire Sackman family is drenched when the gravitational field generated by FC's ginormous melon begins pulling over all the margarita glasses within a 50 foot radius.

6. After a rousing chant of "we ****ed over Junction" (led by Miss Sackman), the entire group disassembles and Sacky returns home to post the results of the drawings to notify the Allbuffers who won (not Junction).

7. The lucky winners show up at the tailgate to get their tickets and fire Natty Lights at FC's ginormous melon.

8. A good time is had by all (except Junction).

It seems to be a very popular system with the vast majority of Allbuffers out there.... :huh:

Seriously, thanks for doing this again, Sacky. Check my PM if you haven't already. Thanks. :thumbsup:

BrownEyedBuffGirl and El Gringo like this.
  5. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

:lol:

I'm in again.

6. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

count me in, sacky...have you looked into upgrading the seat position through the renewal process?

oh...and junc...we use a hat not a bowl...

:lol:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  7. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

count me in

8. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

i'd like to contribute a little bit....i don't have much to offer, but anything helps right?

can you be eligible for the drawing if you didn't contribute.....just pay for the game when you pick up the tix....or how does this work?

9. sackman

All registered members are eligible for the tickets. In the tailgate forum, there will be threads to respond to if you want tickets to particular games. Such as "ticket lottery: Texas, Oct 4". Anybody who wants tickets responds to the thread. Once you receive tickets, you're eliminated from consideration on future games. Junk is sore because he only put his name in for two games. I told him he could have tried for another game, but he was stubborn. Accountants are like that I guess. Better luck this year, Junk.

As for the seat upgrade - that'll depend on how much money comes in, I guess. We'll take a look at it and see. Maybe we'll want to buy more tickets, maybe we'll want better seats. I dunno. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

10. Junction

Oh sure. Excuses, excuses.... :lol:

11. Junction

Hat. Punch bowl. All pretty much the same to you, isn't it? :wink2:

FChairbanks likes this.
  12. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Wait, so if you win you get one ticket, right?

13. Junction

If you win you get the pair. (or so I've been told :cool:)

If you can't find a friend to come to the tailgate with you to pick up the tickets for the game, you might mention that DBT will be giving away free hoodies there...

14. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Now that ****'s funny!:lol:

15. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

New to the board but willing to support. Send me a PM. Step up people...it's $25 whether you get a ticket or not you are supporting a good cause.

FChairbanks likes this.
  16. NWD Buff

NWD Buff Club Sandwich Club Member

Ticket eligibility should be tied in to Spring Game attendance. Just a thought. Need to get people out to that...

17. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

When does one find out if one wins the ticket? Is it far enough in advance for out-of-staters to catch a frontier/swa flight in?

18. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

weren't you "given" a pair of tickets toa certain game the Friday after Thanskgiving that you did not show up for??

Oh ya, this Sooner is in again contributing to the cause..... :thumbsup:

19. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

generally we open it up at the beginning of the year for people to request games that they think they can make. last year we split the selection into two drawings, one for the first half of the home games and a second drawing later in the season for the second half of the home games. we try to be far enough out in front of the games so that out of towners can make their travel plans.

BUT....

if you have a game in mind that you want to attend you should make your plans early and come to the game anyway, even if you don't win the allbuffs tix. there are usually lots of options for picking up a couple of seats for any home game and the support is always needed.

by the way, you need to plan to come to the allbuffs tailgater to get your tickets. that is where they will be waiting for the winners...

:thumbsup:

:gobuffs:

20. sackman

PM coming your way. And thanks. That's the attitude we're looking for around here!

21. sackman

While I agree that we need to get people to the Spring game, it's simply too complicated to try to put qualifiers on who's eligible for the tickets and who's not.

Everybody who is a registered member of allbuffs.com is eligible, regardless of whether they go to the Spring game.

22. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm in Sacky.

23. Junction

Well, I fail to see what that has to do with anything.... :smile2:

And I will point out that when I couldn't make it, I did make sure that those tickets were put to good use developing another generation of loyal Buff fans... :smile:

24. Junction

NTTIAWWT

(Punctuation is your friend, SJ... :smile2:)

25. BrownEyedBuffGirl

BrownEyedBuffGirl Well-Known Member

Punctuation smack! Awesome! :thumbsup: (ymssr)

26. BuffWFU

BuffWFU Member

You trying to keep us out of staters from getting the tickets? as much as i'd love to get out to boulder for the game, not sure that's the best use of $600 or so...:smile2:

It'd cost me $600 to be eligible to win $50 worth of tickets....

27. Jlang

Jlang Member

I am in for $25

28. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I am in....

29. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Hey Sacky, I'm in.

30. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

omg, i'm :lol: my ass off!