1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate Pod Setup

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Quattro, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Pod A: OU,OSU,UT,TTU
    Pod B: AZ,ASU,USC,UCLA
    Pod C: Cal,Stanford,Colorado,Utah
    Pod D: UW,WSU,UO,OSU

ESPN

D
    oesn't seem all that bad.

2. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

SoCal is the recruiting hotbed and families/friends can travel via car according to Google Maps as follows (using Corona Centennial as the epicenter):

Corona to Tempe: 5.5 hours
    Corona to Tucson: 7.25 hours
    Corona to Berkeley: 7 hours (could be 9 because you have to drive thru the East Bay
    Corona to Palo Alto: 6.75 hours

Looks better to me actually as it puts us with Calif schools that are academically excellent.

3. CaliBuff901

CaliBuff901 Active Member

This is the ONLY arrangement that would make adding Texas pallatable. Being with Cal & Stanford would be pretty sweet, missing out on SoCal schools is unfortunate but WAY better than being aligned with Texas.

4. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

flights (direct): Ontario to closest airport

Ontario to Tempe: $120
    Ontario to Tucson: $120+
    Ontario to Berkeley: $180 to Oakland
    Ontario to Palo Alto: $160 to San Jose

Ontario to Boulder: $260

My point being we should still be able to recruit SOCAL the same as we would with the AZ schools in our POD, if not better.

5. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I like it, the Arizonas will like it, Cal and Stanford will be pissed as hell.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I like that a lot better than us being in a CU, uu, asu, ua pod, fo sho.

7. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, those pods are never going to happen. Cal and Stanford, who probably aren't all in for expansion anyway, would kill expansion with fire if they suspected that pod set-up.

8. ximianKernel

ximianKernel Member

both Cal and Stanford will require that they play USC and UCLA every year as historically they been doing that for most of the last century. Same concession that was given to them during the scheduling and division of the Pac-12.

9. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

Stop at 14 and zipper for now (OU and someone else). I like that idea and the associated scheduling a lot. I'm with all the others here against admitting UT. **** em.

10. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

going to 14 first will ease the pain when we go to 16 and get pods. I'm sure Nebraska and Oklahoma did some bitching that they couldn't play each other every year, but maybe Larry Scott will promise to personally deliver a sack of money to Stanford and Cal every year.

11. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

If the Pac-12 lets Texass in, I say we call their bluff and pull chocks for the Big-10...stepping on Mizzou on our way.
    (caveat: I'm from California, grew up a Pac-10 fan, am currently ecstatic about being the P-12...but for the love of all that's good an holy - NO TEXAS). Legal justification: we joined a conference called the Pac-12. If that conference doesn't exist anymore, it can't sue us.