What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alternate Pod Setup

Quattro

Club Member
Club Member
BANNED
Pod A: OU,OSU,UT,TTU
Pod B: AZ,ASU,USC,UCLA
Pod C: Cal,Stanford,Colorado,Utah
Pod D: UW,WSU,UO,OSU

ESPN

D
oesn't seem all that bad.

SoCal is the recruiting hotbed and families/friends can travel via car according to Google Maps as follows (using Corona Centennial as the epicenter):

Corona to Tempe: 5.5 hours
Corona to Tucson: 7.25 hours
Corona to Berkeley: 7 hours (could be 9 because you have to drive thru the East Bay
Corona to Palo Alto: 6.75 hours

Looks better to me actually as it puts us with Calif schools that are academically excellent.

This is the ONLY arrangement that would make adding Texas pallatable. Being with Cal & Stanford would be pretty sweet, missing out on SoCal schools is unfortunate but WAY better than being aligned with Texas.

flights (direct): Ontario to closest airport

Ontario to Tempe: $120
Ontario to Tucson: $120+
Ontario to Berkeley: $180 to Oakland
Ontario to Palo Alto: $160 to San Jose

Ontario to Boulder: $260

My point being we should still be able to recruit SOCAL the same as we would with the AZ schools in our POD, if not better.

I like that a lot better than us being in a CU, uu, asu, ua pod, fo sho.

Yeah, those pods are never going to happen. Cal and Stanford, who probably aren't all in for expansion anyway, would kill expansion with fire if they suspected that pod set-up.

both Cal and Stanford will require that they play USC and UCLA every year as historically they been doing that for most of the last century. Same concession that was given to them during the scheduling and division of the Pac-12.

Stop at 14 and zipper for now (OU and someone else). I like that idea and the associated scheduling a lot. I'm with all the others here against admitting UT. **** em.

going to 14 first will ease the pain when we go to 16 and get pods. I'm sure Nebraska and Oklahoma did some bitching that they couldn't play each other every year, but maybe Larry Scott will promise to personally deliver a sack of money to Stanford and Cal every year.

If the Pac-12 lets Texass in, I say we call their bluff and pull chocks for the Big-10...stepping on Mizzou on our way.
(caveat: I'm from California, grew up a Pac-10 fan, am currently ecstatic about being the P-12...but for the love of all that's good an holy - NO TEXAS). Legal justification: we joined a conference called the Pac-12. If that conference doesn't exist anymore, it can't sue us.

Back