What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Always like to hear this...

My family moved to Boulder in 1969. I think they got season tickets sometime around 1974. I've been going to games ever since. I grew up in Boulder and attended Boulder High School. I was on the swim team there, but BHS doesn't have it's own pool, we had to use CU's Claire Small Pool. The pool itself was (is) a dump, but the walk up the hill and past Sewall Hall and into the rec center made me want to go to CU more every day. I think I was destined to go to CU. To this day, I feel happy when I'm on campus. Sometimes, I'll just walk around on campus just to soak it all in and get all nostalgic.

Here is a little bit of a sample of my CU man cave.

18156_1352555696849_1320110575_31002353_8281872_n.jpg

Love the clock, Leash. Gonna need a new one now, though.

My father went to CU starting in 1990 and got student season tickets for his then 11 year old son (ME!) for the 1990 season. That was the best time I ever had with my father and that is why I am not an OU fan like I was (before 2005).

My family moved to Boulder in 1969. I think they got season tickets sometime around 1974. I've been going to games ever since. I grew up in Boulder and attended Boulder High School. I was on the swim team there, but BHS doesn't have it's own pool, we had to use CU's Claire Small Pool. The pool itself was (is) a dump, but the walk up the hill and past Sewall Hall and into the rec center made me want to go to CU more every day. I think I was destined to go to CU. To this day, I feel happy when I'm on campus. Sometimes, I'll just walk around on campus just to soak it all in and get all nostalgic.

That's funny, Sewall Hall. My first year at CU was in Sewall's first coed year - 1972. However, after growing up a Buff fan in Greeley, I followed in my two older brothers' footsteps, attending and then dropping out of CU. I did finally get a degree here in summer hell, but nothing can change what's in the blood. GO BUFFS!

Grew up in Austin with Aggie parents so I was conditioned to hate the home team from the day I could identify burnt orange. A trip to Colorado to visit family in '93 included a drive from Denver to Estes Park via Highway 93, skirting the edge of the CU campus. From the car I could tell there was something special about this place and declared as an eight year old that I would be going to college here. The next decade included debating hypothetical attendance of three schools (CU, ATM and UT - for economic and proximity reasons) but by my senior year I decided I would strike out on my own and head to CU, where no one I knew from my graduating class would be joining me and I'd make my future on my own. It was the only college I applied to. I was accepted and proud to become a Buff. The mountains and Ralphie being iconic symbols of what it meant to go to school there.

Freshman year included some expensive lessons about (nonresident) tuition and study habits which I didn't need developed to succeed at the high school level. I didn't care for a lot of the college scene, the frat scene and honestly the trustafarian and college town parts of Boulder were tougher to tolerate than the postcard images of the city that make you fall in love with it. So I went home, attended the big bully university on the block and ultimately quit that one too... but did it wearing the Black & Gold exclusively. The Colorado Buffalo transcends the college experience. I would never say wearing the cloths of CU during the Hawkins years on an expected 10-win-season campus and getting ridiculed and trolled for it didn't make me any less proud to continue to say I was a Buff. But living back in Colorado and welcoming in a new era for the University of Colorado is one hell of a multiplier on that Buffalo pride.

Grew up in Austin with Aggie parents so I was conditioned to hate the home team from the day I could identify burnt orange. A trip to Colorado to visit family in '93 included a drive from Denver to Estes Park via Highway 93, skirting the edge of the CU campus. From the car I could tell there was something special about this place and declared as an eight year old that I would be going to college here. The next decade included debating hypothetical attendance of three schools (CU, ATM and UT - for economic and proximity reasons) but by my senior year I decided I would strike out on my own and head to CU, where no one I knew from my graduating class would be joining me and I'd make my future on my own. It was the only college I applied to. I was accepted and proud to become a Buff. The mountains and Ralphie being iconic symbols of what it meant to go to school there.

Freshman year included some expensive lessons about (nonresident) tuition and study habits which I didn't need developed to succeed at the high school level. I didn't care for a lot of the college scene, the frat scene and honestly the trustafarian and college town parts of Boulder were tougher to tolerate than the postcard images of the city that make you fall in love with it. So I went home, attended the big bully university on the block and ultimately quit that one too... but did it wearing the Black & Gold exclusively. The Colorado Buffalo transcends the college experience. I would never say wearing the cloths of CU during the Hawkins years on an expected 10-win-season campus and getting ridiculed and trolled for it didn't make me any less proud to continue to say I was a Buff. But living back in Colorado and welcoming in a new era for the University of Colorado is one hell of a multiplier on that Buffalo pride.

aik long time no see... where da fook you been

I'm not really sure how it happened for me. I have no logical reason to be a fan of CU. I have no affiliations with the University, no family ties, hell I've only met a couple of people that went there. That said, I just remember watching one of the CU vs NU games as a kid and just.. not liking NU at all for some reason. I also saw the miracle in Michigan, but my fandom arose out of the NU games. I had an extreme dislike for NU and TO. Ever since then my fandom has gone up and down. Towards the end of the Barney era, I was pretty disinterested in CU, but I couldn't find it in me to become a fan of another team. I would just dominate my football time with the NFL. Now I'm not really high on the NFL and love college football.

My teams are really a mess overall and they make no sense.
MLB: Braves
NFL: Dolphins
NHL: Penguins
CFB: Colorado
NBA: I liked the Magic, but I really haven't cared about basketball since I played it in elementary school.

For all the other sports, I became a fan of those teams because of specific players on the team (Marino, Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz, Lemieux/Jagr) but for CU i really have no specific player that drew me in.

i cant say what year for sure what year my dad got his season tickets to CU football. it was either the late '60's or early '70's. i was born in '73 and my dad already had the tickets for several years.

my dad never went to CU. he went to under grad at U Cal Santa Barbara. then USC for dental school. at that time, the nam war was going on and his number was comming up for the draft. he could either be drafted and go to 'nam or enlist as an officer as a dentist and have his choice of where to go. he enlisted and asked for the eastern seaboard or europe and he got fairbanks, alaska.

go army!!! :lol:

that is where my older brothers were born. then my dad used the GI bill to go to ortho school at u cal SF. being done with ortho school, he looked for a place to set up a practice and build a life. he decided on longmont, co.

upon moving to CO, he met a local dentist who practiced in longmont. he swam for CU back when CU had a swim team. they hit it off and my dad got season tickets to CU football. we have tailgated with that dentist since before i was born just to the east of the stadium.

i just grew up in that envrionment. surrounded by people who just loved the school and were just outstanding individuals. although my dad attended USC for dental school, he rooted hard for CU when they played several years ago. shoot, he has probably given 10 times more money to CU than he ever did to USC.... :lol:

i never attended CU. i went to Metro State in Denver. However, i can remember sitting in folsom field when CU was getting their ass kicked in by the likes of drake and wyoming in the early '80's. my parents would not leave until the game was over. that wyoming game was especially bad because it was a rare damn near freezing rain. it was bitterly cold and those chumps were kicking the crap out of CU.

it was awful.

so, when CU turned things around in my HS years.... that was a great pleasure. to see my dad so happy was wonderful. i can remember his suprise at how good CU was in that game vs Texas in 1989 when Darian Hagan got his first start. his 2nd play went for something like 72 yards and a TD. I think.

the thing that got me hook, line and sinker with CU football.... when it really sank in... was when i had to leave colorado and go to fl for flight school. i realizied how important the tailgates were. we have an absolutly wonderful group of family friends. they are just wonderful people that anyone would be proud to surround themselfs with. that was hard to give up.

then the weather in boulder in the fall.... you know.

i just missed it so much.

i just grew up with it. it is part of my being. my nature. it is my #1 hobby. next to my wife... its CU football.

:gobuffs:

The Sal story bought me on board in 1989 when I was 15 years old.(**** you ND) I have always loved football, college and pro. I didn't have a team in college though. I started watching CU that year and got hooked on the uniforms and the style of play. I loved the fact that the other team knew what was about to happen and could do nothing to stop it. I have been to Boulder and the surrounding area a number of times. I am a truck driver and wish to make it out there for a game someday. I have loved CU for the last 22 years and will until the day I die.

My favorite story so far.

I became a Buff fan the second I was born because I had no choice. It was the best non-choice I've ever had.

Born and Raised a Buff been a fan since i could comprehend what was going on. Haven't missed a home game since I was in third grade and made it to most before that.

My mom and dad moved here from Alabama, where he had gotten his Master's at Auburn. He picked up CU as another team to follow in the early 80s, but stuck out the hard times and raised my brother and I on CU and Broncos football. Have been to many games over the years. I still remember being stunned when Mac retired.

When it came time to apply for schools, I only applied to CU because it was the only school I wanted to go to and I knew I would get in. My brother and I are both grads, and with the parents out of state now, we go to games together.

Born in Durango(1975), raised in Greeley. Got into football when the Broncos drafted Elway. Got into the Buffs when the Husker neighbors moved into town in 85,86. Been a fan ever since.

My father went to CU starting in 1990 and got student season tickets for his then 11 year old son (ME!) for the 1990 season. That was the best time I ever had with my father and that is why I am not an OU fan like I was (before 2005).

So if i'm reading this correctly your dad was 6 or 7 years old when you were concieved?

My story is similar to many I've read so far. We moved here in '76. My family were huge football fans so my parents bought season tickets to CU. I was 11 yrs old and hadn't paid much attention to college football to that point. I had a lot of fun at the games whether the Buffs won or lost.

Although I considered myself a CU fan at that point, the fact that CU wasn't very good at that time coupled with us moving away to Jersey in '80 I didn't follow them very closely for some years. You just didn't see them all that much on TV out there so they were hard to follow. My parents eventually moved back to CO in '88 and renewed their season tickets as soon as they got back. I moved to Cali and kept up with CU a little more because they started to get good plus my Dad would keep me updated and get me pumped up about them.

I moved back to CO in '90 and saw every home game of the NC season as well as being in Miami for the magic. And of course I was hooked for good at that point. I have since become a CU FREAK!. I'm on these stupid sites every dam day! And its not just CU football. I have become a fan of everything CU.

Anyway, we have had season tickets for 23 years straight and 27 years total. God willing that will continue for many more years.

Go Buffs!

Unleash Hell:

I just wantedto say the photos of your Buff themed Man Cave are awesome!

Several Allbuffs members have told me about it. You really have passion for theBuffs.

Just think! You could have been one hellof a Husker fan if things turned out a little different. LOL!

Seriously, I would love to see your collection in person. There is a ton ofhistory going on there. I even noticed a Misty's place mat or perhaps it's a menu in one of the photos.

I think you should post more photos and provide some stories about some of theitems you have. Great stuff!

Good Luck in the 12-Pac! Kick some Duck tail feathers!

Unleash Hell:

I just wantedto say the photos of your Buff themed Man Cave are awesome!

Several Allbuffs members have told me about it. You really have passion for theBuffs.

Just think! You could have been one hellof a Husker fan if things turned out a little different. LOL!

Seriously, I would love to see your collection in person. There is a ton ofhistory going on there. I even noticed a Misty's place mat or perhaps it's a menu in one of the photos.

I think you should post more photos and provide some stories about some of theitems you have. Great stuff!

Good Luck in the 12-Pac! Kick some Duck tail feathers!
oh shut the **** up you pussy

Back