What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Am I crazy, or did we run a mostly pistol based formation

nope. almost every play was out of pistol. Glad someone finally started listening to me. :smile2:

dio,

The options in that question are not mutually exclusive. Just sayin'. :wink2:

and I am not thrilled with the assumption that 4th down should always be a go for it down either..... way too many of those bad decisions today.

It is a good formation for a shorter Qb, even better with a qb that can run. Either way can be beneficial.

We ran a TON of it yesterday and I hope it continues. The strength of the Pistol is it's versatility. You can run basically ANYTHING out of it and with motion, you can move the formations around quite easily. Defenses cannot really key the run or the pass. I think the offense served our linemen well because it highlighted their athleticism while allowing some space with running lanes and frequent power angles (traps, pulls, counters).

I can't remember which game, 2nd half of Hawaii maybe? where we ran a bunch of pistol and were very effective. I'd like to see more of it, seems to be a good fit for our personnel.

Seems to lend itself to power running better than the spread or zone-read formations. Also, I believe the qb is a little closer to the center, thereby cutting down on the bad snaps. Hey, if it's working........

Back