1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing game.

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by sackman, Nov 25, 2012.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Sack family got to the pregame BBQ thing at the practice facility at 4:30. There was already a long line for food. Note to self - don't eat at the pregame BBQ thingy. It's expensive and there aren't enough tables. This was our first look at the new practice facility - very nice indeed. I love it. Very classy. Functional, too. I can see how this would be a big selling point for potential recruits. Great facility.

The game was awesome. AFA brought their A game and was draining threes like they were layups. I had visions of that little jackass from Bailer. But CU hung in there and never panicked, and eventually pulled away about halfway into the 2nd half. The place was nearly packed. Probably not a total sellout, but I'd say it was very close. The family loved it. Miss sacky had an awesome time, and so I'm now officially a converted basketball fan.

:woot:

Roll Tad!

BehindEnemyLines likes this.
  2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Hell yah. I watched it on the tube from out here in San Francisco. The Buffs look like a legit top 25 team. They are missing scorer from the wing/forward position, but I think XJ will morph into that and hopefully will do so by the end of this season. It's an exciting time to be a CU Buffs fan.

3. jcatcher

jcatcher Club Member Club Member

24 oz. Coors - $8

I think this team has three NBA players on it - Dre, Spencer, and Josh Scott. AFA had a 6'10" senior center from the Springs and Josh just dominated him. Amazing that he's that strong as a freshman. First 20 point game, plus seven boards and he's shooting over 80% from the line.

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

The Pac-12 network announcers on the TV said that tonight was a sellout I believe.... 11th since Tad Boyle has taken over

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Jelly was awesome. The guy is the real deal. I cannot wait until he puts some muscle on those bones. He is going to be a mythical beast by the time it is all said and done.

6. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Had the OU/Hawt crowd at the game tonight. Haven't been to the CEC since I was in high school. The only time I remember seeing that many people at a game was when Mizzou or Kansas visited. Great atmosphere and the best value in CU sports by far. My kids loved the game.

This is an exciting, skilled and well coached team!

7. sackman

Scott is a definite NBA player. He shoots, he defends, he rebounds, he plays well with his back to the basket, he plays well posting up. He hits his free throws. He passes well. He finds the open guy when he's getting double teamed down low. He has a freakish knack for putting the ball in the hoop. We will be lucky to have him for more than two years.

8. sackman

I suppose it could have technically been a sellout, but there were a few empty seats. Not a lot, but a few. Obviously, a few seats got sold but not used.

9. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

P12N guys repeatedly called it a "sell-out" (not saying it actually it was) and called the Keg the "toughest place to play in the Pac-12"

10. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Two might have been the folks that were coming in the door next to us that mistakenly brought their TX-Southern tickets. Oops.

11. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

So great that these past few games were games we struggled with and lost in the year we got shafted from the tourney. We would fumble away so many games and while the FT shooting in the Baylor game wasn't pretty, we held on and these past two games took over when it mattered. Ski, Dinwiddie, and Scott have so much poise when the pressure is on despite their age.

12. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

So unlike Friday, they weren't letting people just go on in anyway? :lol:

13. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

Here are a couple of photos from the game. You can see that it was not jam-packed, but a great crowd nonetheless.

IMG_0053.jpg IMG_0071.jpg

14. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

What an amazing rise it's been when a crowd of 10,607 for a Nov.25th game against Air Force is slightly disappointing.

Here's some perspective for you: 4 years ago exactly to the day (Nov. 25, 2008), CU faced off against Lafayette at the Keg. The Buffs won 73-59. The attendance that night at the Keg? 2,095.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3888&SPID=257&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=3623428

15. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

I've been in the CEC when you could use three digits to enumerate the crowd. The AFA game crowd was awesome!

16. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member