1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambrose helping Buffs get defensive

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Tatonka, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Tatonka

Tatonka Club Member Club Member

Good article, first one I've seen with decent info on Ambrose. Brown was great, but I think Ambrose will be too! Great hire, and I love the NOL connection for recruiting!

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_15724999

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Ash was a very good hire. So glad he ended up with the DBs instead of the WRs.

Getting Prince was great for us, too.

If we win this year and this staff gets off the hot seat, I think we've got some great recruiters and we'll bring in a surprisingly good class.

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I know I'm being a downer here, but I believe that the secondary is going to miss coach Brown. Losing a coach with that much experience is going to show up on the field.

4. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Didn't you two already have this argument? :smile2:

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Yeah. This is deja vu.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Sorry. I'm still bitter over the whole deal. Brown should've been the DC this year. :lol::cry::cry:

7. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I'm with Valdez on the first point, and have no idea on the second point. I was told by someone in the know that the whole story about Brown running the defense after the first couple games was intraweb nonsense....

He was definitely a good DB coach and Ashley may also be good, but he was Brown's understudy. He won't be better this quick, nor as good imo.

8. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Yeah, losing Brown sucks

9. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

You all know it is way too common for us to lose good coaches (for all the reasons we all know). When we have thrived we have been good at replacing them. Let's hope Ambrose is a good replacement. By all accounts it sounds as though he is. While Brown was obviously good, this sort of thing just happens to us too often for me to get that worried.