1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambrose

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Bolond, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Bolond

Bolond Member

What's the deal with who will be coaching DBs? I thought Ashley would be a shoe-in with his past with Greg Brown. Not sure if he played in Cinncy at the same time as EB. Hope we keep the guy.

2. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Based on the camera article... google it, I don't want to get sued... doesn't sound like Ambrose is being kept. Brown will DC/DB

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

It's a numbers game... An brown is one hell of a db coach. Ambrose seems to be well liked and could be a good recruiter, but if we can replace him with someone who gives us good recruiting AND improves our coaching in a weaker area, it makes sense to look elsewhere...

4. SanDiegoBuff

Yeah, I don't get the infatuation with Ambrose. Brown is the one who made our top quality cornerbacks the last couple years.

5. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand the hiring of McGhee. I loved Kanavis as a player, but with 9 slots for assistants, I would rather take Ambrose over McGhee. Ambrose is a good recruiter and seems to be a decent coach, whereas McGhee is a question mark. We also have three assistants now (Cabral, McGhee and Tui) over two areas of the defense - DL and LBs.

Harris isn't doing it for me as a qb coach either...I don't know...it's JE's staff, so let him hire as he seems fit.

6. Bolond

Bolond Member

Yeah, I saw in the Camera he wasn't aboard. Hope someone gives him a chance (outside the PAC).

7. SanDiegoBuff

McGhee has 10x more coaching experience than does Ambrose, and at higher levels.

8. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

I think Ambrose has potential based on his history and possible recruiting ability. However, he's been coaching such a short time, he's really an unknown commodity at this point.

I hope people aren't wanting Ambrose retained solely for the fact that we'd likely get a former 4* prospect transfer from Michigan. I'd like to have the kid transfer here too, but making a staff decision based on one potential transfer's statements is way too short sighted.

9. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Wrong Esorbma Zeugirdorodagled? Search for others:

10. Bolond

Bolond Member

I could care less about a single recruit. Just thought he might have a place on this staff. It's a doggy-dog world.

11. ruffemupbuff

ruffemupbuff New Member

I think Ambrose is liked by the players but he turned Jalil and Jimmy into average CBs. Granted, lots of injuries at safety. Won't hurt my feelings if he is gone. This is an area where CU needs to upgrade.

12. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I'll be sorry if he isn't retained, but this seems pretty accurate.

13. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Ambrose has great contacts in the Louisiana region, I'm sure he will catch on somewhere and do good things for a school in the area.