1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An open letter to Mike Bohn about Coach Crowder

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SBG, Sep 10, 2008.

1. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I sent this to Mike Bohn just a short while ago. I felt all Buff fans young and old need to be told of Crowder's legacy or remember him for what he did for our program. RIP Coach

2. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Wow great work!

3. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Thank you, NMBuff! I am pleased to see how someone as young as you (2006 grad) has recognized the contributions of Eddie Crowder to football and all of athletics at Colorado. Eddie was a wonderful man. I would love to see a permanent tribute to him somewhere around the facilities or on the uniforms. He deserves it. I know Coach Hawkins embraced both Eddie and Mac and welcomed the wisdom of their experience as he has taken on the leadership of our football program at Colorado.

4. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

At work one day (I work at the bookstore), I was told there was extra free food up in the ballroom. I go up there and by the time I loaded up my plate, I realized I was at a Buffalo Belles luncheon. Not about to give up my free food, I found a table with a few coworkers. I don't remember much of what the players said that were there, or who they were for that matter. The one thing I remember is that Coach Crowder was the main event. Listening to him talk about great Buff teams past and the great future that lay ahead was really inspiring. I took an immediate liking to him then and I didn't even have any idea of how deep his ties to the Buffs ran. I really hope to see his memory honored next week at the game. I can say though that there was a moment of silence at the volleyball game tonight so the athletic department is apparently thinking about it. RIP Eddie Crowder, as true a Buffalo as there ever was.

5. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I would like to see a life size bronze of him by the buffalo across from the physics tower. Put one of Folsom on the corner of Folsom and Colorado.

6. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Folsom already has a head statue on the south side of the stadium to the west of the ticket office.

7. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Yep, but I think life size statues would really be cool.