What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

An open letter to the CU community

You're all a bunch of :cry: babies!!! I've prepared a speech

I will not address your individual posts because their foul smell reeks of self-pity and decaying expectations. The nouveau “die hards” cry for relevance while the old guard emerges from the “mini-dark age” carrying younglings and the prospect of hope.

The seeds are planted deeply and the roots have taken hold in the mineral rich streambed flowing (backwards) from the pacific. The students are now teachers and the teachers are now legends - filling many pages in history as the architects of championships. There would be no Miles without McCartney and no indelible memories etched into the minds of millions of adoring college football fans without the precious stones laid down by our current commanders.

We drank the kegs, threw the cups, burned the couches (and cared for the women) during the enlightenment and I am here to reassure you that the gods have awoken from their slumber and are angry! Do not forsake them.

This “magic” you speak of, social media marketing i think it is called, is scary to some, but where there is weight to be lifted and firm ground underfoot, we will push the sled of tears up the Ho Chi Minh Trail to our destiny…. It has been foreseen.

Recall, at season’s end, images of fleet footed buffalo leaping full speed and headfirst into the enemy and you’ll quickly be reminded. The transformation is at hand. If Russell now rides atop the Bronco the mighty Jon and Eric can surely find the warriors. Remember Bieniemy would now lead the Trojan army if he were not born a Buffalo.

Anyway, this is starting to sound like the opening speech at the Shakespeare Festival. You get my drift. The Buffs are playing hard now and throwing themselves around because they’re starting to trust each other’s effort (knowing the talent level is rising). If you were around in the 90’s the biggest thing that stuck out was not the arrival of 5* recruits, it was the intensity with which we played! Hang in there, the admin knows there’s no hiding in the PAC12. :nod:

I really love the idea of an allbuffs candidate forum.

Great Idea. I will deliver 5 votes to whichever regent supports Athletics, (R) (D) man woman, doesn't matter. We could move the needle.

not bad 106. you lost me on the ho chi minh trail but i think i catch most of your drift.

buy a club membership, we could use you in barzil...

I'm in favor of having that. Sub-forum off one we already have? My one rule that I want for that is that we should not publicize or care about party affiliation. This is about the issues that unite us as fans and are the reason we have this internet community. It's not about whether anyone here gets overcome with puppy love or righteous anger when he/she sees an (R) or (D) after someone's name.

Its not the (D) or (R) that matters in this election. Its the position on (W) or (L)

I will not address your individual posts because their foul smell reeks of self-pity and decaying expectations. The nouveau “die hards” cry for relevance while the old guard emerges from the “mini-dark age” carrying younglings and the prospect of hope.

The seeds are planted deeply and the roots have taken hold in the mineral rich streambed flowing (backwards) from the pacific. The students are now teachers and the teachers are now legends - filling many pages in history as the architects of championships. There would be no Miles without McCartney and no indelible memories etched into the minds of millions of adoring college football fans without the precious stones laid down by our current commanders.

We drank the kegs, threw the cups, burned the couches (and cared for the women) during the enlightenment and I am here to reassure you that the gods have awoken from their slumber and are angry! Do not forsake them.

This “magic” you speak of, social media marketing i think it is called, is scary to some, but where there is weight to be lifted and firm ground underfoot, we will push the sled of tears up the Ho Chi Minh Trail to our destiny…. It has been foreseen.

Recall, at season’s end, images of fleet footed buffalo leaping full speed and headfirst into the enemy and you’ll quickly be reminded. The transformation is at hand. If Russell now rides atop the Bronco the mighty Jon and Eric can surely find the warriors. Remember Bieniemy would now lead the Trojan army if he were not born a Buffalo.

Anyway, this is starting to sound like the opening speech at the Shakespeare Festival. You get my drift. The Buffs are playing hard now and throwing themselves around because they’re starting to trust each other’s effort (knowing the talent level is rising). If you were around in the 90’s the biggest thing that stuck out was not the arrival of 5* recruits, it was the intensity with which we played! Hang in there, the admin knows there’s no hiding in the PAC12. :nod:

A return to dominance perhaps?

For those of you who skip the front page, I thought I'd give a heads up.

http://www.allbuffs.com/content.php/1418-An-open-letter-to-the-CU-community

I think you are jumping the gun a bit suggesting Embree and Bohn should go.

Embree is doing what he can with the support that was remaining from the D3 era. Let him bring his guys in here and fill the 2-deep (didn't even have a 2-deep at times last year). Need more time, like years, before we prepare the firing squad.

Bohn made the wrong move with the extension of D3, but otherwise I think he is doing great (See PAC move).

I think you are jumping the gun a bit suggesting Embree and Bohn should go.

Embree is doing what he can with the support that was remaining from the D3 era. Let him bring his guys in here and fill the 2-deep (didn't even have a 2-deep at times last year). Need more time, like years, before we prepare the firing squad.

Bohn made the wrong move with the extension of D3, but otherwise I think he is doing great (See PAC move).

My intent wasn't to suggest they should go. My intent was to set expectations while being candid about how I see things and saying that we need to support them fully so that the high expectations are achievable.

I'm a supporter of both of them. I actually see Embree as the kind of coach who could do great things here for 15-20 years.

With Bohn, I like so much of what he's done. But I'm saying that I have to see him able to shift gears from being the guy who got us to the current level to being the guy we need him to be in order to reach our ultimate goals. I don't know that he can, especially if he doesn't have people at the top levels setting the right expectations for him.

My big message is to put pressure. Pressure the Regents. Make sure we elect folks who are pro-athletics. Make sure the next President they hire is pro-athletics and will give leadership in that area.

And demand that when our leaders are speaking about their goals, objectives and vision -- that being champions is at the forefront. That they're also putting their money where their mouths are.

My intent wasn't to suggest they should go. My intent was to set expectations while being candid about how I see things and saying that we need to support them fully so that the high expectations are achievable.

I'm a supporter of both of them. I actually see Embree as the kind of coach who could do great things here for 15-20 years.

With Bohn, I like so much of what he's done. But I'm saying that I have to see him able to shift gears from being the guy who got us to the current level to being the guy we need him to be in order to reach our ultimate goals. I don't know that he can, especially if he doesn't have people at the top levels setting the right expectations for him.

My big message is to put pressure. Pressure the Regents. Make sure we elect folks who are pro-athletics. Make sure the next President they hire is pro-athletics and will give leadership in that area.

And demand that when our leaders are speaking about their goals, objectives and vision -- that being champions is at the forefront. That they're also putting their money where their mouths are.

i second the motion to put nik on the ballot for regent.

i also like the idea of spearheading an initiative for athletic excellence at the university of colorado as part of the political and adminstrative process. what are the steps involved in that?

good post.

must.win.games.

Rep. We haven't seen well crafted prose like this around here since Burrito last shared limericks with us from his Nantucket series.

Now get thine arse into Barzil, post-haste!

i climb the Ho Chi Minh trail to every game from our parking spot and tailgate in the lot between the creek and practice field. Even my kids have the name of that trail down.

very cool...i never heard the term used before. but i never lived north of campus and usually park at the darkhorse for games so i've only hiked up the HCM a few times. it's nice to learn something new.

:thumbsup:

very cool...i never heard the term used before. but i never lived north of campus and usually park at the darkhorse for games so i've only hiked up the HCM a few times. it's nice to learn something new.

:thumbsup:

Kind of strange because I am not sure where I learned the name, it was back while I was in school in the 80's though. Just trying to bring the kids up right with as much CU as I can feed them! :nod:

Now onto Nik's campaign! Get that man a Regent Seat! :thumbsup:

So are we resigned to this fate - or do we have any power? 50 thousand people show up to games on Saturdays. thousands more show up for road games. I see posts about football on my Facebook feed constantly.

We have a voice, we just don't effectively use it. Just because things are a certain way, doesn't mean they need to stay that way. Should Allbuffs work to start a 'Changing the Face of Colorado Athletics' initiative?

I'm in!! What do we need to do. when will we know who is on the ballot in November for the Regent position?

[video=youtube;nL56P8pYqmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL56P8pYqmY[/video]

another improvment that can be made is to stop treating your students like criminals. notice how empty the south part of the stadium is? right before kickoff and on a national stage? at night. when ralphie runs.

one of the things that pisses me off the most about the CU higher ups, is that they have no concept of what creates a great game day atmosphere. they want to "pro it up" with lousy speakers playing tired old r&r songs like they are the denver broncos.

i got news for ya. CU is not the broncos. never have been. never will be. college football is supposed to be a unique experience. use that to your advantage. instead of the stupid old tired rock licks that anyone can hear at damn near any stadium, try utilizing your resources.

the CU marching band. letting the students get into the stadium easliy.

and they will create a hell of a lot of noise with the band.

embrace what college football is. do not try and make it like a pro experience. and that is what i fear with the new hire. he will try and "pro it up" because that is what worked with the nba.

keep it simple. embrace ralphie, the marching band and the college atmosphere. get the kids into the stadium before ralphie runs.

furk... its not that friggin hard....

Last edited:
4DB - No worries about our games sounding like a pro atmosphere as long as Bohn's in charge. He's all about the band, student spirits, etc. or a college atmosphere. He has put his foot down on that in the past and will continue to do so.

I agree that there needs to be a major push to get students into the game early. Maybe something like a give away for the first 1,000 students into the stadium or something.

Back