1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Analysis of next year's roster by Tom Kensler

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by JRK1212, Mar 30, 2011.

1. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

fair nuff

3. ColoradoBUff

ColoradoBUff New Member

I actually see this lineup as pretty promising. Obviously with Burks, the outlook looks a lot brighter. If Burk's leaves for the NBA, then I think it would be accurate to say that this is an extremely athletic team. I hope Turks can live up, and Roberson can bulk up. Both these guys can create problems for opposing Pac-12 teams. Great season BUFFS!

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

With Burks, we're a contender for the Pac 12 championship. Without him, I still think we're better than half the teams in the league.

5. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

W/O Burks, then we will be basically completely reliant upon Brown. Hope he can deliver!

6. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

It really was a great move by Boyle to get Brown in here, especially since we werent going to use that scholarship last year anyways.

7. bigbang

bigbang Member

I believe the team will be fine and actually be better next year.

PG- Dindwindle
    SG- Carlon Brown
    SF- Jeremy Adams
    PF- Roberson
    C- Tunks

Backups
    Tomlinson, Sharpe, Booker, Dufault, Cain, Mills

The team will be a better rebounding team.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We'll be athletic and fun to watch next year. We'll see a roster that's closer to what Boyle wants in order to play his system. We'll defend better, rebound better, and take care of the ball better (more assists/ fewer turnovers).

But I don't know if we'll have that guy who can take over the game when everything breaks down. To be really good, you have to be able to make a play when the other team is clicking and your team is in a funk. Do we have the kind of guy who can put the team on his back like Alec did at times this year and Cory did at times over his career? Finding that guy is probably the difference between 2011-12 being a building year instead of a rebuilding year.

9. RK

RK UBL Club Member

I think Carlon Brown will be able to step into that role nicely

10. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Were also going to have a lot more depth next year then this year. I think the post-Carmelo Nuggets have shown what a benifit this can be especially playing in an up tempo scheme.

And lets not close the door on Burks yet...

11. Hoops Fan

Hoops Fan Club Member Club Member

Look for Mills to red shirt next season if Tunks is healthy. Mills will benefit by that a lot and be more valuable down the road than spending next season spelling Tunks with little playing time... This also puts a year separation between the two and makes for better roster management continuity ... So we swap a backup sophomore for a 5th year senior the year after Tunks leaves ... a good investment by a wise coach.

12. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

People keep forgetting that JUCO guy. If he regains his high school form... he is a scoring machine.