What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

And now to Eugene, OR

Wow - that's crazy. In Seastrunk's case, he suddenly realized that God wanted him to go to Oregon. :rolling_eyes: Then, at the national championship game, he was there saying he wished he'd gone to Auburn instead. Guess "God" was wrong.

It seems to happen more than you would think.

When you look at some of these programs now in trouble, Oregon, Miami, etc. you have to wonder.

Miami is a good school but it is in a terrible part of town and not a place that football players aspired to go to prior to schnellenberger. The had their down time again for a few years, they don't draw huge crowds, the "experience" isn't anything special. All of a sudden after some down years a whole bunch of top players are turning down multiple other top programs with what would seem to be better opportunities to go to Miami.

Oregon sucked for decades. I know that the made some significant facilities upgrades and etc. with the Phil Knight money but they didn't suddenly become a place kids dreamed of going. Out of the blue they start closing multiple recruits of a level that they would have considered themselves lucky to get one or two of in a year.

Some can be attributed dynamic coaches recruiting and simililalrl things but when you get these huge instant turnarounds you can't help but the think that something is happening that is not on the level. Now we see this stuff come out.

Oregon tried to take a shortcut to the top. Beaver fans always laugh because these guys act like they're Alabama, USC, Oklahoma or some other national power when they've only had 2 good years, none of which actually resulted in bowl game victories. :canabis: You'll see...wait until Duck fan comes to Folsom on October 22nd. The fact of the matter is those traditional powers have had DECADES worth of success and alumni backing. Oregon sucked nearly as bad as OSU did until the mid 90s and did not really take off until they hired Chip Kelly a few years ago. Phil Knight began pumping a ridiculous amount of money into the Whoregon athletic department, X-Boxes in the locker rooms, an academic center that only athletes have access to and not the general student population*, and their new basketball arena, affectionally known by Beaver fans as the "Taj MaHole." :lol: The bottom line is at some point it was decided to cut some corners along the way, and try to fast track this thing, regardless of the consequences or means of getting there. There has been a LOT of fishy stuff going on at UO the last five years. It wouldn't surprise me one iota if the stuff we know about already turned out to be only the tip of the iceberg.

(*Fun fact: it even comes complete with a creepy etching of Phil Knight's mug on the mirror in the women's bathroom. Meanwhile, his wife, Penny Knight, is looking down on you approvingly while you take a piss in the men's room. :nod:)

When you look at some of these programs now in trouble, Oregon, Miami, etc. you have to wonder.

Miami is a good school but it is in a terrible part of town and not a place that football players aspired to go to prior to schnellenberger. The had their down time again for a few years, they don't draw huge crowds, the "experience" isn't anything special. All of a sudden after some down years a whole bunch of top players are turning down multiple other top programs with what would seem to be better opportunities to go to Miami.

Oregon sucked for decades. I know that the made some significant facilities upgrades and etc. with the Phil Knight money but they didn't suddenly become a place kids dreamed of going. Out of the blue they start closing multiple recruits of a level that they would have considered themselves lucky to get one or two of in a year.

Some can be attributed dynamic coaches recruiting and simililalrl things but when you get these huge instant turnarounds you can't help but the think that something is happening that is not on the level. Now we see this stuff come out.

Coral Gables is a terrible part of town in Miami?????????????

Coral Gables is a terrible part of town in Miami?????????????

No but they were playing their games in a really bad part of town and from some people who went there a lot of the student life involves some places that aren't exactly pleasant.

A couple of people I know who went there or lived in the area told me that the area itself is pleasant enough but not exactly welcoming to the typical college kid on a short budget (which you would expect to include most scholarship athletes from poor backgrounds.) Lots of the social life normally associated with college involved for them some travel time to areas that weren't the safest places to be a drunk stranger to put it gently.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...led-Lache-Seastrunk-to-Orego?urn=ncaaf-wp5384
Host: Oregon's a place that's had a great run, no question about it. … Looking back on it, do you feel like you made the right decision to go there?
Seastrunk: I felt like I did. When I first intentionally went there, I felt like God wanted to be there. But God also does things — God also pulls you out of the storm before it happens.So I felt like something was about to go down and God just wanted me to get up out of there, so… And I feel like I'm back home where people love me and generally care about me and I'm around my family.

Shady much? :lol: I wonder if the NCAA will offer him the same immunity it offered the ex-Miami players for coming clean? :devil:

We know. We lived through it with Diante Jackson's recruitment. Buff commit. Then the local Denver Post writer decides to rehash the recruiting scandal in a major column just before national signing day. Weird thing is that he is an Oregon grad, there was no new info in his story, and he wasn't one of the guys who had covered it the first time. Then, strangely, we hear that Jackson's grandma has decided at the 11th hour that Oregon is the place for Diante and he switches his commitment on NSD despite saying that he personally preferred CU.

Amazing that things were able to align so well for the Ducks to have everything work out for them. Lucky Ducks, I guess. I'm sure that playing dirty pool and breaking rules are things they would never do.

Where is that dude these days?

Back