1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And this is only the 5th best in the state? Amazing

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffUp, Aug 8, 2012.

1. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

2. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

At first, this kind of spending on a high school football stadium makes me ill. Then I remember that the team that plays in that stadium will have higher attendance numbers than little brother and that its actual stadium cost 30% less than little brother's "feasible" stadium.

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

But, answer me this: did this HS deserve the new stadium?

4. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

That depends, do they have an all-time losing record? Lackluster fan support? Pathetic attendance?

If the answer to all three is Yes, then by all means they deserve it!

5. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

High school football fandom creeps me out.

6. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Allen TX has a lot of people and the median income is around $100k in a city of about 84k. 2/3 of the voters voted in support of the stadium. They were filling up the old stadium which had 7,000 to begin with when Allen was a 3A program and then they doubled the number of seats but tickets were still difficult to get so they have been getting 14k people to games.

Since tickets begin at $8 per game, suppose the price was the same for all seats, Allen will be making $720k per season which is a lot of money for high school football. Suppose Allen hosts several HS football games, that's a cool million bucks for the football team ALONE and the question is where does those revenues go to? How many teaching salaries would 1 to 2 million bucks pay for?

They are able to rent the stadium out for state playoffs and soccer matches in that regard.

People will critize solely for the pricetag of the stadium but to answer wsp4820's question, I'd say they deserve that stadium and they voted for it. I think if I lived in Allen, I would be one of those people lining up to get any last remaining ticket on sale.

And Allen didn't need to ask for Obama's permission to build a stadium that is profitable to the business of a school district. :yeahthat:

7. NashBuff

I'm very curious to see what Bohn has planned for the stadium renovations. I am getting the feeling that we will put grassy turf in the stadium and tear out some front row seating plus infill the stadium to make the playing field bigger for lacrosse and even soccer. We all enjoy watching games at Folsom Field even if it is the spring game right?

Please e-mail the BOR to have me under consideration when they are looking for Bohn's replacement. :saythat:

8. ICE H2O

ICE H2O New Member

It was the HS band with 800 members that creeped me out! All those band geeks in one place at one time.....the imagination just boggles!

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

CSU might be able to fill that stadium... with the right opponent.

10. NashBuff

OMFGasm will be here sooner than later to provide his rebuttal about CSU filling out a 80k stadium on a snowy day in Ft. Fun.

11. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Feasible!

12. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

It makes sense for them to build a huge stadium. A lot of people live in Allen, TX. What else are they going to do on the weekends other than go to HS football games?

13. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

to be fair... one of them pizza hut park which it isnt called anymore was built as a pro soccer stadium and they let football teams use it