What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

And you wonder why Nebraska football fans are annoying.....

It's a good thing those terroristic fans didn't make it into the game against Miami. They would have Colorado'd those idiot Cane players and fans.

In reailty, "the worlds classiest fans" were putting on a clinic about how classy they were to each other for the police and the people of Lincoln. A zebra doesn't change his stripes.

Has CU ever actually thrown bottles at a bus, let alone done so routinely for 40 years? I would love a citation on that.

I mean, I understand I'm just musing over the entire point of this thread, but I just can't get past that crazy assumption. Sayin' it doesn't make it true.

Has CU ever actually thrown bottles at a bus, let alone done so routinely for 40 years? I would love a citation on that.

I mean, I understand I'm just musing over the entire point of this thread, but I just can't get past that crazy assumption. Sayin' it doesn't make it true.

Perception is reality.

We pushed old ladies down stairs.

We cussed at little kids.

We slashed tires.

We threw marshmallow-filled nails.

We threw full beer bottles at their team bus.

Basically, anything Nebraska fans actually do they will say that we did that and did worse. They are the classiest fans in all of sports, so this must be true.

While I never cussed at little kids, I do know someone who did. That person is a bad person.

I used to do that, but the little bastards deserved it every time. However, even I stopped well short of this alarming behavior coming out of Lincoln lately.

Another gem from the article:
"We were afraid to get off the bus," said Mike Woodson, who came with his wife and kids and HereForBeer.com from Omaha.
(The website is an alcohol-themed event service.)

Leave it to nubs to take their kids on a booze bus, where everyone will be getting wasted. Staying classy. Come to think of it, maybe i'll go and reserve HereForMeth.com. anyone know where I can get a bus for cheap?

I don't mind the NU assholes. CU and every team has asshole fans. I hate the NU fans that are convinced that they are all great wonderful gracious fans. That is the irritant to me.

I don't mind the NU assholes. CU and every team has asshole fans. I hate the NU fans that are convinced that they are all great wonderful gracious fans. That is the irritant to me.
+1 Here. NU has its share of asshole fans. CU has a larger number from the way I see it. But I'm supposed to see it that way.

We now pause for a word from our sponsors.......

[video=youtube;OadvLy3AamM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OadvLy3AamM[/video]

Last edited:
not to get to far off track, I know it's fun piling on but.... From a Miami fan and ESPN blogger Jerry Palleschi. Sorry for the copy and paste, link not working from my iPad.

I’ve never been to a Nebraska Cornhuskers game prior to this past weekend against Miami. The experience in Lincoln was one that I won’t ever forget.
I have been a fan of Miami going back to the early 2000s. I’m not a “die-hard” Canes fan but I’ve always enjoyed watching them. When it was set up, and the offer was out there to go, that the Canes would play the Huskers it became a no brainer.
I’ve been to different stadiums around the country, and there always seems to be a bit of resentment towards fans of the visiting team. Nothing ever hostile, but enough out there to, at times, really make away fans uncomfortable.
Going into one of the biggest non-conference games that the Huskers have seen in a long time, I wasn’t sure how I would be perceived wearing Hurricane Orange. I was shocked at the response.
There was no “(Insert vulgar word here) Miami” “Go back to Miami” or anything negative thrown our way. Just one simple sentence from everyone walking around Lincoln.
“WELCOME TO LINCOLN!”
That statement echoed around the entire city of Lincoln. Husker fans continued to invite us to their tailgate festivities and expressed their excitement for the game coming up. Even during the game, the fans were polite and respectful. There’s a system of policing each other in the stands.
The atmosphere was phenomenal, and I highly recommend that people go experience a Huskers game at least one time in life. If you are a fan of an opposing team, book your flight or road trip to Lincoln and enjoy.
It will be worth each minute. Welcome to Lincoln.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Read More: The Best Experience for Away Team Fans is in Lincoln Nebraska | http://espn991.com/the-best-experience-for-away-team-fans-is-in-lincoln-nebraska/?trackback=tsmclip

Who is Nebraska? You mean the roided team to the east?

Come on now, Boyd Epley and his legions of prematurely bald 22 yr. olds, were ushered out of Linkin a while ago---about the same time Dr. Tom's non-athletic, "County scholarships" were eliminated.

At this point 'roids are out and bovine growth hormones (albeit slightly modified for human consumption) are IN!

Glad to see Waylon still lurking! Hay! Waylon, did those few hundred red-clad fans still in the stands at the end of last year's UCLA debacle in Linkin, clap for the Bruins as they left the field?

Last edited:
Guess he didn't have to take a bus to get there?

Of course sometimes it's the bad "3,000" or so that spoil it for everybody else.....

Come on now, Boyd Epley and his legions of prematurely bald 22 yr. olds, were ushered out of Linkin a while ago---about the same time Dr. Tom's non-athletic, "County scholarships" were eliminated.

At this point 'roids are out and bovine growth hormones (albeit slightly modified for human consumption) are IN!

Glad to see Waylon still lurking! Hay! Waylon, did those few hundred red-clad fans still in the stands at the end of last year's UCLA debacle in Linkin, clap for the Bruins as they left the field?
thanks for the shout out... every time I come back here I say the same thing. "This site rocks! I need to come back and stay." I guess I will focus on the home and home we have coming up in the future and keep my nose in here. I will worry about the lack of games between us after then. college football or football in general may not have the draw it once had if the concussion faction gets their way and if the NCAA and Big5 start paying players. Both our teams may have peaked in what will be viewed as the best era ever in CFB.

I have no idea of the goings on at the UCLA game, link me up or refresh me to what you are talking about if you can. I will say this as a general statement; anybody who knows me from other sites knows I am not a Bo guy. I see many things going on down in Lincoln that I just can not identify with. I swear if Creighton gets the front headlines for more than three days in a row Bo is pulling out a cat or tweeting something or dancing at a practice or sending out a video of a prank the list goes on and on. The guy who says he does not need the press sure finds a way to scream "look at me" if they move on to other topics.

I was at the Miami game last week and did tailgate from about 10 am until game time. Miami did not travel particularly well, most fans in orange were from the Midwest that I met and had no real tie to the U. My honest take away from this game was this: nothing unifies a fragmented fan base more than a cocky thugish Miami team. NU ran the ball down their throat and made them like it. It was good medicine for a fan base that likes power football. I hope that continues but am willing to bet it wont. The crowd was the loudest I have ever heard it (the new higher east side may help hold in sound) and it was a true sell out. I did not see an open seat (have noticed quite a few in prior games). For years we (fans) have always said things would be different if they had to play NU in Lincoln and the team and its fans backed that up. It was fun.

I miss the Big8 and even the Big12. I miss seeing those traditional rivals roll into town. Let me ask you all this...... Who was the biggest winner in the restructuring of the Big12? I hate to say it but I think it was Mizzu and aTm. and the second place finisher I would have to give to the Big12 in general. They appear to be resurging. CU has not capitalized on being in the Pac 12 IMHO, hovering around the same position they were in before they left and NU cant win in the weakest of the B5 confs. NU has no rival, none. Iowa just plain old sucks and Wisky just does not have the same feel, they look to much like NU lite, all the way to the colors. It sucks.

Everyone but NU won, iyam.

While I agree NU found a worse landing place than CU, aTm, and Mizzou, I don't think the B12 leftovers "won." The B12 is a geographically ****ed up conference and it still has Texas do deal with.

While I agree NU found a worse landing place than CU, aTm, and Mizzou, I don't think the B12 leftovers "won." The B12 is a geographically ****ed up conference and it still has Texas do deal with.
ahh, I was only talking about the schools who left. Yea, CU sucks, but we sucked before we left. and basketball has been awesome. The only school that fundamentally weakened their recruiting grounds and standing within a conference is NU.

thanks for the shout out... every time I come back here I say the same thing. "This site rocks! I need to come back and stay." I guess I will focus on the home and home we have coming up in the future and keep my nose in here. I will worry about the lack of games between us after then. college football or football in general may not have the draw it once had if the concussion faction gets their way and if the NCAA and Big5 start paying players. Both our teams may have peaked in what will be viewed as the best era ever in CFB.

I have no idea of the goings on at the UCLA game, link me up or refresh me to what you are talking about if you can. I will say this as a general statement; anybody who knows me from other sites knows I am not a Bo guy. I see many things going on down in Lincoln that I just can not identify with. I swear if Creighton gets the front headlines for more than three days in a row Bo is pulling out a cat or tweeting something or dancing at a practice or sending out a video of a prank the list goes on and on. The guy who says he does not need the press sure finds a way to scream "look at me" if they move on to other topics.

I was at the Miami game last week and did tailgate from about 10 am until game time. Miami did not travel particularly well, most fans in orange were from the Midwest that I met and had no real tie to the U. My honest take away from this game was this: nothing unifies a fragmented fan base more than a cocky thugish Miami team. NU ran the ball down their throat and made them like it. It was good medicine for a fan base that likes power football. I hope that continues but am willing to bet it wont. The crowd was the loudest I have ever heard it (the new higher east side may help hold in sound) and it was a true sell out. I did not see an open seat (have noticed quite a few in prior games). For years we (fans) have always said things would be different if they had to play NU in Lincoln and the team and its fans backed that up. It was fun.

I miss the Big8 and even the Big12. I miss seeing those traditional rivals roll into town. Let me ask you all this...... Who was the biggest winner in the restructuring of the Big12? I hate to say it but I think it was Mizzu and aTm. and the second place finisher I would have to give to the Big12 in general. They appear to be resurging. CU has not capitalized on being in the Pac 12 IMHO, hovering around the same position they were in before they left and NU cant win in the weakest of the B5 confs. NU has no rival, none. Iowa just plain old sucks and Wisky just does not have the same feel, they look to much like NU lite, all the way to the colors. It sucks.
Have to start off by saying **** nu. Anyway - pick as a rival the likes of pediphile state or the ohio state and hate to say it but wisconsin looks like a good one from our seats. **** nu

ahh, I was only talking about the schools who left. Yea, CU sucks, but we sucked before we left. and basketball has been awesome. The only school that fundamentally weakened their recruiting grounds and standing within a conference is NU.

It's easy for people to forget just how terrible we were in football before we left the B12. We went from bottom feeder in one conference to bottom feeder in another conference. But, as you point out, basketball has benefitted tremendously and the other sports have all benefitted as well. We have two national championships since moving to the Pac 12. They just happen to be in sports nobody cares about. This conference does care, though. I get the impression that as a member of "The conference of champions", we're helping add to that prestige.

Long story short - I think it's easy for folks who don't pay close attention to CU athletics to say the move was unwise. For people who pay attention, it was a brilliant move that has done wonders for the athletic department as a whole.

It's easy for people to forget just how terrible we were in football before we left the B12. We went from bottom feeder in one conference to bottom feeder in another conference. But, as you point out, basketball has benefitted tremendously and the other sports have all benefitted as well. We have two national championships since moving to the Pac 12. They just happen to be in sports nobody cares about. This conference does care, though. I get the impression that as a member of "The conference of champions", we're helping add to that prestige.

Long story short - I think it's easy for folks who don't pay close attention to CU athletics to say the move was unwise. For people who pay attention, it was a brilliant move that has done wonders for the athletic department as a whole.
Great move love the attachment to West Coast vs midwest and love the schools we are competing against now + more coeds that are hippies and hot

If somebody really wanted to question the move, I'd recommend checking out how many CU fans are in the stands this Saturday in Berkeley. We went from a conference where we were one of the worst travellers, to one of the best.

Back