What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

My point is not that the draft link I posted is completely accurate.

Read "SCB" post 116. He knows what he's talking about.

I was told Dinwiddie gone, like XJ 2nd most and told Dre to go back to school....take it for what its worth....these are the guys that invest in these players and not talk about them on message boards.

All said Id love to have Dinwiddie back another year...

I was told Dinwiddie gone, like XJ 2nd most and told Dre to go back to school....take it for what its worth....these are the guys that invest in these players and not talk about them on message boards.

If your source says XJ 2nd most likely than the scout has no damn clue what he is talking about. XJ is on NO ONE's radar at this point.

If your source says XJ 2nd most likely than the scout has no damn clue what he is talking about. XJ is on NO ONE's radar at this point.

You honestly don't think that a kid that played on a premiere LA AAU team, went to Mater Dei, was a finalist to be a McDonald's All american and subsequently averaged 9 and 5 in his freshman year in the Pac-12 and got considerably better as the year went on isn't on NBA scouts radars?

Andre

You guys are starting to freak me out a little bit with this talk of The Mayor going into the draft. Stop it.

You honestly don't think that a kid that played on a premiere LA AAU team, went to Mater Dei, was a finalist to be a McDonald's All american and subsequently averaged 9 and 5 in his freshman year in the Pac-12 and got considerably better as the year went on isn't on NBA scouts radars?

^
|
|

No damn clue what he is talking about.

Nothing in FD's posts indicate these so-called "scouts" are NBA team scouts, but rather scouts for some set of sports agents or other.

Agents too, have "scouts" watching players. Only makes sense to identify potential customer/clients as early as possible in their business; that way they can make an early pitch to represent such players.

Those kinds of scouts can afford to be looser in providing info to outsiders, while legit scouts are already wired into the NBA system to assist players who are thinking of coming out.

Nothing in FD's posts indicate these so-called "scouts" are NBA team scouts, but rather scouts for some set of sports agents or other.

Agents too, have "scouts" watching players. Only makes sense to identify potential customer/clients as early as possible in their business; that way they can make an early pitch to represent such players.

Those kinds of scouts can afford to be looser in providing info to outsiders, while legit scouts are already wired into the NBA system to assist players who are thinking of coming out.

outside of him saying it was a chicago bulls team scout.

outside of him saying it was a chicago bulls team scout.

Which really has to make you worry about Dre's draft status and his readiness for the NBA. Chicago is an organization that values "glue guys". Rodman was a key component in championships. They made Joakim Noah a lottery pick and haven't had an ounce of regret for that decision. If the Bulls aren't high on Dre, it tells me that Dre needs to increase his strength and his offensive game before he has a chance of landing on an NBA team.

The Mayor is clearly not enthralled with college life (based on his Twitter feed), but he will stay one more year. After that, he's gone. He'll be picked in the 15-24 range in the First Round of the 2014 draft.

Andre

The Mayor is clearly not enthralled with college life (based on his Twitter feed), but he will stay one more year. After that, he's gone. He'll be picked in the 15-24 range in the First Round of the 2014 draft.

Definitely did not get that vibe from his twitter feed. Also I don't see how Dinwiddie is not a lottery pick next year.

Definitely did not get that vibe from his twitter feed. Also I don't see how Dinwiddie is not a lottery pick next year.

I think he's posted the single word 'bored' on the hour, every hour since Christmas. We need to get the stripper party schedule up and running again.

Biggest issues I see with Spence are that he has only average athleticism and while he did average 15ppg this season he doesn't have elite/natural scoring ability, i.e a player like Burks. Both of these would in theory preclude him from being a top-10 pick next year as many have speculated. Good prospect, but I think he's more of a late first round pick. I think a good NBA comparison for Spence is Arron Afflalo.

If J-R-K didn't exist someone would have to create him. Kind of like how Rugged is pulling a Lenay with that whole "Hottbuffchica."

Have you seen him on any list of draft prospects? The answer is no. He isn't listed in the top 50 freshmen on draftexpress, and he isn't a top 100 prospect on nbadraft.net. You won't find him on any list or any mock draft.

Have you seen him on any list of draft prospects? The answer is no. He isn't listed in the top 50 freshmen on draftexpress, and he isn't a top 100 prospect on nbadraft.net. You won't find him on any list or any mock draft.

Let me get this straight, because you haven't read on the Internet that XJ is on scouts radars or that Dinwiddie may enter the draft there is no possibility that it's true?

Let me get this straight, because you haven't read on the Internet that XJ is on scouts radars or that Dinwiddie may enter the draft there is no possibility that it's true?
XJ just isn't near an NBA player at this point. Dinwiddie is definitely on the radar, but any thought that he is entering the draft is nothing but speculation from everyone at this point.

XJ just isn't near an NBA player at this point. Dinwiddie is definitely on the radar, but any thought that he is entering the draft is nothing but speculation from everyone at this point.
I think we can all agree that X is not an NBA player right now. But I can guarantee he is on the radar for the next couple years.

I think we can all agree that X is not an NBA player right now. But I can guarantee he is on the radar for the next couple years.

On that note, so is Josh Scott. If you start as a freshman and average double figures in the Pac-12, NBA scouts know about you.

On that note, so is Josh Scott. If you start as a freshman and average double figures in the Pac-12, NBA scouts know about you.
Agreed. If Dre comes back or even in that case this past season, there was potentially four NBA players on the roster.
Edit: saw Josh today (he lives in smith and I live in Buck) and he looks like he has put on weight.

In that sense, yes, NBA scouts know who he is. They got to see plenty of him when scouting Andre. I was saying radar as in teams were looking at him for this year.

Re: Andre

Until I saw that today, I was thinking he was coming back, based on his recent slide on some mock drafts. But his dad saying the NBA report only "solidifed" his decision, and the second round would actually be better for Dre? He's gone.

I don't see it like that. The end of the article seems to point to the idea that it only solidifies that Dre hasn't made a decision yet.

Roberson's father, John Roberson, said Monday from their home in San Antonio that getting drafted in the second round isn't necessarily a deterrent.
"Say Andre goes early in the second round," John said. "He goes to a really good team where he's not required to come in and become an instant scorer. He can come in and maybe they'll have the scoring pieces in place but not have someone playing on the wing.
"That's opposed to being a lottery pick on a bad team and he's required to score right away. That to me is something to look at it."

Someone should tell Andre's dad that the early picks in the second round are also made by the worst teams, just like in the lottery.

Re: Andre

Someone should tell Andre's dad that the early picks in the second round are also made by the worst teams, just like in the lottery.

I was thinking the same thing. Does he think it snakes like a fantasy draft?

Back