What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre Roberson 1 - Internet Geniuses 0

Does anyone find it funny that Bohn/Boyle were trying hard to sell Roberson on coming back? Oops

I think we either overachieved in OOC games or underachieved in conference play. Home losses to ASU, OSU and a road loss to Utah were hard to take.
Besides beating Baylor, I'm not sure how we overachieved in OOC play, we got killed by KU and I thought Wyoming was a winnable game. I don't think we underachieved in conference play, we won some games we shouldn't have and vice versa. All-in-all, I think it was just about what it was supposed to be.

Does anyone find it funny that Bohn/Boyle were trying hard to sell Roberson on coming back? Oops
Nope, why wouldn't you want him to comeback (from their perspective). They were honest in that they said they'd be good with or without him, but obviously preferred to have him. I'm not into this whole second-guessing. He wasn't supposed to be a first round pick, all the experts had him early 2nd round at best. I've gone over some of the "predictions" that called first round "out of the question."

Also, give Boyle credit in his response to Dre. Yes, that's what he should've done. But he didn't go all sarcastic "Good luck in the NBA."

This entire "vetting" process seems to have some issues. Who the hell should take these "experts" word ever again? I think most based our opinion of 'dre going pro on these so called experts. I did. Seems like 'Dre's dad had some better advice. Well, good for 'dre, for sure. His gamble paid off big time. But he was also really, really, really close to going second round and unguaranteed. I mean, really close. I also have a tough time with his dad kind of dissing Tad. That really bugs me.

This entire "vetting" process seems to have some issues. Who the hell should take these "experts" word ever again? I think most based our opinion of 'dre going pro on these so called experts. I did. Seems like 'Dre's dad had some better advice. Well, good for 'dre, for sure. His gamble paid off big time. But he was also really, really, really close to going second round and unguaranteed. I mean, really close. I also have a tough time with his dad kind of dissing Tad. That really bugs me.

The evaluations weren't too far off and I'm guessing a consensus of all 30 teams would've placed him in the middle of round 2. Fortunately for Dre, it only takes one team to fall in love with you, as they say, and with his unique skillet, he absolutely held more appeal to a select few teams.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Dre jumped some people in the draft based on his effort, his attitude, and being a quality all around person.

Truth of the matter is that once you get past the first few guys in every draft you are looking at players with flaws in their game. How you rank them depends entirely on what you want to emphasize and what you are willing to ignore. There are guys who got drafted after Dre who are physically and skillwise prbably better prospects.

What Dre did is show that in addition to the talent that he has that he is a guy who will do the dirty work, have a great attitude if he plays 35 minutes or 3.5 minutes, be a good teammate and bust his butt in practice and the offseason to get better. He is also a guy who is very unlikely to ever end up embarrassing the organization with ugly headlines.

I'm not trying to make this sound like a Tebowfanatic post, Dre has talent and there are things he can do that will contribute in the NBA. They wouldn't have drafted him if they didn't have a pretty good idea that he can do it on the court. At the same time I personally think that who he is as a person in addition to as a player moved him up.

Congrats to Dre.

10613_10151527080923995_416694773_n.png

Goes to show that you guys are pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. You all take one side then act like it's crazy you were all wrong. Why not just admit you nothing about this stuff and try listening to those who do?

Well, now that you're posting, at least we have someone who knows all about these things to guide us.

Goes to show that you guys are pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. You all take one side then act like it's crazy you were all wrong. Why not just admit you nothing about this stuff and try listening to those who do?
are you, ummm, having issues reading? Lots of people came down on both sides of the issue.

So, if 29 teams think he's a mid 2nd rounder at best, and most media agree, but that 30th team thinks he's a late first rounder... that means every single other assessment is incorrect? If I thought Darko wasn't worthy of the 2nd pick in the draft, and lots of other people felt the same way, does that mean that the Pistons were correct, just by virtue of having that pick?

The bottom line is, many people, from pro scouts to the media, to casual fans form their own opinions base on what they see. Soetimes they're right, and sometimes they're wrong. Draft position doesn't validate right or wrong. Production going forward does. I was wrong that Rajon Rondo was going to be a good point guard. I was right that Tony Battie would be lousy. It's all a crapshoot- but even the best players crap out, and the worst can hit it big. If our opinions can only be validated based on draft positions, then message boards are utterly useless.

You are right, nobody thought him turning pro was a good idea.

I thought Andre's reasons for going pro made sense and I supported it. I also thought that he'd go un-drafted. I am very happy to be wrong on that second point and I'm really excited about his opportunity. He's in a great situation for him.

Who should people listen to, then? Nobody was predicting him to be a first round pick. I think most know that the draft is very unpredictable and that all it takes is to impress 1-2 GM's. Andre did not have good workouts supposedly, but he doesn't have the skill set to really exceed in that type of situation. The computers liking him so much really helped him out. In game, he should do a couple things very well and for a team that is already loaded with scorers, the Thunder can afford an energy guy off the bench that can give them extra possessions.

I dunno what OKC is exactly planning to do with PJIII now, though.

Back