Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Oct 8, 2010.
I can't believe Lawrence, Kansas is number 12 on that list...
That's a fun place. Not sure if it should be rated that high, but I thought it was a cool place.
And I'm not just saying that because my wife is from Lawrence, KS. :smile2:
i also like Larryville. Lawrence and Norman are kinda underrated by Buff-fans IMO.
I don't get the love for Eugene. I visited there a couple years ago and I guess my wife and I somehow managed to miss absolutely everything that makes that town interesting/fun/livable.
Lawrence blows. So does Ann Arbor. Honestly, ask most Big Ten fans about their favorite conference towns and Ann Arbor is likely way down the list.
I swear to god I was driving in Lawrence one day and saw a midget on a razor scooter. Not trying to make fun but it has to be one of the uncommonest things I have ever seen
"From the panel: "The mountains, Pearl Street, Ralphie (the buffalo mascot). Boulder makes you overlook the notion that the athletic experience may not be all that most of the time." Mike De Armond, The Kansas City Star."
Unless this bozo is less than 20 or so, the athletic experience HAS been 'all that' 'most of the time'.
1) ATHENS, GA. CU's recently been there
2) AUSTIN, TEXAS. CU's recently been there
3) EUGENE, ORE. CU's going to be there a lot in the new Conf.
4) ANN ARBOR, MICH. The Miracle!
5) BOULDER, COLO. Home turf, baby.
6) CHAPEL HILL, N.C. Get these guys on the OOC
7) GAINESVILLE, FLA. Jorts!
8) MADISON, WIS. Mad City - It's been too long.
9) OXFORD, MISS. Very high on my OOC wish list.
10) STATE COLLEGE, PA. Gotta get there some day.
11) CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. See #9.
12) LAWRENCE, KAN. Meh. Cal was better.
lawrence is a great town. an oasis in the abyss of kansas.
If you recall we would've played at Chapel Hill I think it was last year, but that series was canceled. It was unc that wanted to cancel it but I don't recall why. As for Ole Miss, the Grove is supposed to be one of the top tailgate spots in the nation.
There is NOTHING in State College....
we had a 1 for 2 with them and that got cancelled as well for some reason.
We had UNC on the non-conference schedule for a home-and-home but they backed out once Butch Davis took over...
Separate names with a comma.