1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one-year rental player for the Ducks

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by jwhite17, Jun 28, 2013.

1. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

http://oregon.scout.com/2/1303620.html

Unbelievable that Oregon can continue to get these types of players, especially the good ones.

Why would all these guys want to play for Oregon? It isn't a bball school at all. In fact, I don't know if Oregon sold out one game last year.

Young will probably get a waiver somehow like Kazemi last year to play right away without sitting out because of nike.

I've never seen a program use the one year rental rule as much as Oregon.

I credit Altman for coaching them up, but it is a huge loophole to use all these rentals vs. build a program with frosh and the occasional transfer that has to sit out a year. Even though this isn't a true rental (grad transfer), he will probably get a waiver, and play immediately for one year. I really think the NCAA needs to change the rules, so programs like Oregon can't exploit it.

I hope we crush them next year with all their transfers.

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Phil Knight and his $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

3. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

A little confused on how you get hardship waiver just because your dad was fired from his job at the school. But then again, it's Oregon, the NCAA will probably give him the hardship waiver & throw in an extra year of eligibility while they're at it.

4. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Follow the money.